Glare T7 (Fine Nib) Fountain Pen Review + Writing Sample

t2mr

Hi Vaibhav (like i said in the inks section, i am an admirer of your work :) )

Coming back to your question, one of the offices of Store108 is in Faridabad. And, i am not sure but, i think some (or all the) parts of this pen are made in Germany, including the nibs. I vaguely remember Sanjeev (the owner) telling me about it a while ago (even before the pens were launched).

And this pen (T7) comes in a lot of nib options. This one's a regular nib, and then there are medium and fine nibs (with a lot of breather holes), which i will be reviewing very soon.

Edited by t2mr

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• t2mr

• snehsab

• Doctorsagarsv

• Leeuwenhoek

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Greatest problem with this store on eBay is that all his products are super overpriced...and its jarringly blatant....I can't confirm this for glare products as he seems to be the only person selling these pens, but just look at more widely available fountain pens- the store regularly sells them at 2-3 times their prevailing price....one thing is that it seems he is more interested to sell products to foreigners, and the price in dollar is set up high....I'll give a few examples - Jinhao x750 listed at Rs 750 , when it's widely available at Rs 350-500, platinum preppy listed at Rs 775 when its modest price in Indian market is Rs 350, Jinhao x450 listed at Rs 975 when its Indian price is near about Rs 350-500, Dikawen 821 price listed as Rs 775 when its available widely at Rs 350-500, Rotring Espirit has an ever increasing price tag in his site, currently Rs 4800 whereas it's mostly available online at around Rs 800-1200, Baoer 79 star walker ( Mont black copy) listed at Rs 675 whereas its price is in the Rs 250-350 range, sheaffer taranis Rs 6800 whereas elsewhere its Rs 4500-4800, ...even same model pens are priced differently along his lists...he has another eBay site as sunday2streets and the prices go even ridiculously higher there eg x750 at Rs 1675 ( seriously!!!!!), jinhao 599 at Rs 675 ( normal Rs 200-250 at most), sheaffer no nonsense Rs 1475 (what nonsense!) when it should have been Rs 600.... I can go on and on for whole night and all his non exclusive listings will blow your mind by simply being priced at a tremendously inflated rate...and there is no logical explanation to this phenomenon.... my point is clear- you can not hide prevailing market price from potential buyers these days....its just a search away..and there must be uniformity in the prices offered by the seller...otherwise no one will get enough faith on the store....it's easy to set high price for foreign buyers as the conversion makes the currency assume smaller value ( remember 1 dollar almost 67 Rs ), but his prices seem more as some kind of genuine mockery of market or grand ignorance...demanding appropriate shipping charges for international shipping is one thing, inflating prices two three times and offering free shipping is kind of cheating....

Edited by Samrat

Well I do agree prices are quite inflated....

Glare 71 is exactly what Oliver F27 looks like and has been one of the best selling pens...

Glare 71 seems like a re-branded pens...

I am not sure about other pens now...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Seller changes price frequently. Last week when I checked glare 71 was priced at 3200rs +... Now it's 1800rs..

Pens looks nice though so I might try one of the price comes down more

There's no such thing as perfect writing, just like there's no such thing as perfect despair : Haruki Murakami

I'd just like to say this is one of the finest video reviews I've ever come across. On top of that, you've highlighted a pen I didn't know about and am very impressed with. Well done. I hope you continue to do these reviews, I will look forward to them.