Which pens do you have that use the most ink? Which pens do you have to refill the most often? Also, the inverse. Which pens do you have that use the least amount of ink? For me, the answers would be a VERY wet Jinhao X450 for the most ink using pen, and a Platinum Standard PTL-5000a XF for my most efficent pen.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mauricio

• rwilsonedn

• ac12

• VivienR

Top Posters In This Topic

My worst offender would be a Jinhao 159, a pen I like in almost every respect except that it seems to barely write longer than a dip pen between trips to the ink bottle.

ron

For stamina: Sailor Pro Gear Sapporo with fine nib. Feels like ages before I run out of ink. The guzzler: Lamy Joy with 1.9mm nib certainly like to run trough ink, although I rarely use that. Besides that my Parker Duofold with M sized nib is a good candidate. I mostly use fine or medium fine nib, so I have enough ink to write a few ten A5 page.

Pilot Super 100, because it has a 'thin' #12 sac, and probably holds less ink than a short international cartridge. So even with a F nib, the ink load does not last very long.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Here's a picture of a writing sample made with a vintage music flex nib. Look at the massive swells it can produce as it guzzles tons of ink and leaves gorgeous ink shade along the way!

fpn_1463093292__img_3073.jpg

Tu Amigo!

Mauricio Aguilar

www.VintagePen.net

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3525/4051556482_36f28f0902_m.jpg

E-Mail: VintagePen@att.net

My Konrad with B nib is a guzzler. I went through a full fill of Apache Sunset once in a page and a half on 25% cotton bond. My TWSBI Eco and 580 go through it pretty good too.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

The Pilot Parallel is, well, unparalleled in ink guzzling, but for something more traditional, I have a broad stubbed Swan of extreme thirst that likes to drink Shin-kai as if it were water.

The Atacama Desert Trophy is held by the Plaitum Plaisir fitted with a Preppy 0.2 extra-fine nib.

Top three: MB 244 BB, Sheaffer Lady Balance BB and a Dollar 717i with a Qalam nib - gushers all. I love 'em!

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

My Montblancs and the Flex My Mod Ahabs. All wet and lovely writers and a joy to use. Lay down that thick wet line and live a little.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

I try to use guzzlers because I'm trying to use all my ink. :)

My Sheaffer Legacy pens are some of the most helpful ... though my customized 580s with italics are Amber's little helpers.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

My Pelikan m1000 is the sole reason I make progress in my ink bottles. It's a Broad but it really writes like a big double broad. I can write about 5-6 pages with a full fill.

My Lamy 2000 in Fine can write about 25 pages before I need to refill.

Inkaholics: Delta Horsepower with 1.1 fusion stub nib, Delta Capri with broad nib and Jinhao x450 with Goulet stub nib

Everything in Moderation: Franklin Christoph Panther 40 with Medium italic nib, Lamy 2000 with Medium nib, Aurora Ipsilon with fine nib

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Mine is an old-style Omas Milord with a B nib. Even though it's a nice piston filler that thing empties so fast... although every time it's inked I tend to write only with it.

"Oh deer."