Robert Oster Signature Inks (Picture Heavy)

Cyber6

I put my order in for 14 inks. I had real trouble narrowing it down. In the end I got basically every blue except the Australian sky, and then for non blues I got the khaki, the spearmint, and I gave a shot to the grape on evergreen as well. :)

Thanks for the pictures, Claudia!

Awesome!!!.. I am waiting on Moss and Claret.. Left Barosa Grape for another day, will love to see a sample writing of that one once you get them. :D

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• dcwaites

• migo984

• Tas

Top Posters In This Topic

He is, isn't he.... and Your line up is EXCELLENT.... those are all my favorites... you only need to add Jade and Chocolate to have my top list... :D :D

C.

Jade was one of the ones I was juggling in the air! I am curious too about Moss and Copper and Turquoise and ...

Jade was one of the ones I was juggling in the air! I am curious too about Moss and Copper and Turquoise and ...

Moss and Copper are on the way to me... I will update the thread once I get them. :D :D

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Here are a few more colours, on white Tomoe.

The Copper is a lovely brown metallic when wet but dries very pink; it reminds me slightly of Kingdom Note Mycena Pura. It's not a saturated ink.

The Burgundy is a big disappointment; it's just a slightly more saturated version of Royal Red. It's far too light & orange and is like no Burgundy I've ever seen. I even thought there might have been a batch mix up. I'm not a fan of Oster reds.

The Moss is a nice grey-leaning shade of green. Quite subtle. Shades nicely.

Australian Sky is a clear turquoise colour. I like it; its freshness appeals to me. Has some nice subtle shading.

Pics have already been posted of Bondi Blue but I included it here as a comparator for the Australian Sky.

Barossa Grape is interesting. Like Oster Claret (which I've included as a comparator) it goes down with strong purple/red tones, then dries with a distinctive grey-silver cast. His "wine" theme inks are well worth trying I think.

So I have 14 of his inks & I think they're variable in their characteristics. Some are excellent (Deep Sea is outstanding) but others are run-of-the-mill and need super-wet and/or broad nibs to show their true colours. Or the colours are just slightly boring......

It's good that we were able to signpost these new Australian inks to you US & Canadian colleagues & you're giving Mr Oster your business. I hope you like your new ones when they arrive Cyber6.....

fpn_1462835977__image.jpg

Edited by migo984

Verba volant, scripta manent

The Burgundy is a big disappointment; it's just a slightly more saturated version of Royal Red. It's far too light & orange and is like no Burgundy I've ever seen. I even thought there might have been a batch mix up. I'm not a fan of Oster reds.

Thanks Migo... I understand and agree with you about Burgundy, is not a real "burgundy"... BUT, I DO LOOOOVE my "Robert Oster's Burgundy"... I find it very rich and sheeny and is like a richer redder ancient copper. I really like it, and don't care that it doesn't fit the name. "A rose by any other name.... " ;)

Waiting on Moss too... I know I am going to love that one... :wub: :wub:

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

Thanks Migo... I understand and agree with you about Burgundy, is not a real "burgundy"... BUT, I DO LOOOOVE my "Robert Oster's Burgundy"... I find it very rich and sheeny and is like a richer redder ancient copper. I really like it, and don't care that it doesn't fit the name. "A rose by any other name.... " ;)

Waiting on Moss too... I know I am going to love that one... :wub: :wub:

C.

I get very little, or no, sheen from my Oster Burgundy, even on Tomoe, and it nearly bleed through the paper. I really don't like his reds, either the shades or behaviour.

Verba volant, scripta manent

As I have said elsewhere, I got four Jinhao X-750s for use in ink testing. Below are four of the inks I got from Robert Oster at about the same time.

fpn_1462879303__robertosterinks.jpeg

The names at the beginning of each line is the Pen, one with Sparkle, one with Gold, one a checked Harlequin and the last in Chrome.

This was just a simple compare of the four blues, although Tranquility is much more of a green. Bondi Blue is a nice 'happy' ink, Blue Denim has pretensions of teal, and School Blue is a nice business respectable mild blue-black.

Why didn't I use the free Jinfaries that came with the inks? Well, I have tried a couple, and I need to do work on each nib to make me happy with them. They all had a bit of baby-bottom, whereas I could use the X-750s out of the box.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Thank you all for the pictures. I'm glad I skipped Moss - it's really not my perferred colour scheme. I'll stick with Tokiwau-matsu as my main deviation into that colour group.

I'm sad to see Barossa Grape though. It looks SUPER grey, and I'm really not into that gray/purple zone. I'll give it a shot, but most likely I'll sell it with all my unwanted sailor ink at the DC show.

The Bondi Blue, Blue Denim & Burgundy look real nice. Bondi Blue reminds me of Iro. Kon-Peki.

Latest update, Green Green has been dropped, and replaced with Red Orange.

Also a number of inks are now available in 100ml bottles.

50 ml bottles are now $9.99, and $100 ml bottles are $15.99 (proper Australian dollars, not those green US things).

Granny Aching

• 2 weeks later...

I have done a simple comparison of the set of R.Oster inks I have so far. The title along the top and down the sides is done in FPS #9, the rest of is done in the named inks.

fpn_1463893190__robertosterinks_1.jpeg

The paper is Rhodia A5 notebook, the pen is a Huashilai 3000 nib in a dip pen holder and the swipes were done with cotton swabs.

Click for a full size image

Granny Aching

I have done a simple comparison of the set of R.Oster inks I have so far.

DUDE!!!... You almost have the whole ROS set of inks... :D :D :thumbup:

Waiting on some more for me... Moss, Barossa, Dark Chocolate, and others.. :puddle: :puddle:

C.

Edited by Cyber6

**** BauerInks.ca ****

DUDE!!!... You almost have the whole ROS set of inks... :D :D :thumbup:

Waiting on some more for me... Moss, Barossa, Dark Chocolate, and others.. :puddle: :puddle:

C.

Not quite. Only 17 out of 30+

I don't have the Moss, Barossa or Chocolates, or Khaki or Olive. Those are mostly colours that don't appeal to me.

Granny Aching

Well, I do have the ones you listed as not having.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Just got an email from Robert Oster Signature Inks...

A special for FPN members and Facebook.. (He is now on Facebook)... B) B)

"For the current colour selection (minus Graphite and Black) at AU$7.64 per 50ml bottle plus shipping"

Don't know if there is a time limit on this.. but this is better than the Paid for 6 bottles and get 7 deal at AU$9.99/bottle. :D :D

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

Ooooo..... Yellow Sunset, Fire Engine Red, Tranquility, and Torquay are all going to have to go on my "wish list", I think!

Very confusing about how to go about ordering from his ebay page, as it's in Oz, and my sign-in info is for the US, and won't log me in over in Oz-Land's website. Sigh. Why does everything seem so difficult for ME? I'm sure it's easy for most of you, but I simply cannot figure it out.

Edited by IrishEyes

"In the end, only kindness matters."