Asa Santulan With Bock Stahl Rot Nib Review

Prithwijit

Oh man... these acrylics... such beautiful pens... if I wanted to have one of these made, what would I need to do?

Are there particular materials that wont work such as lucite or kirinite?

1. Contact

2. Choose Pen design?

3. Buy my own ebonite/acrylic?

4. Ship him the ebonite and acrylic?

5. Pay

6. Beautiful pen?

Hi Jobesmirage,

I am presuming these questions were directed at me and I will make my best effort at answering the approach.

STEP I : Decide on design

Depends upon the penmaker. You can easily select any of my designs from my review and the penmaker who made my pen should be easily able to make one for you. In case you opt to go for a different pen design, please check first with the penmaker of they can make it for you. Any pen maker also has a standard catalogue of design which can also be selected. The penmakers I have worked with are -

STEP II : Choose your material

Materials can be ebonite, hand cast resin, cellulose acetate, acrylic acetate, cellulose nitrate, Lucite, etc. ANy penmaker worth his salt would have a set of materials available with them for you to choose from. If none of them catch your fancy, you can choose materials from independent vendors such as -

STEP III : Choose your nib

ASApens, Ranga or Fosfor can easily arrange for standard Jowo or Schmidt steel nibs in #5 and #6 sizes for your pens. If you have more specific requirements, you can buy needs of your choice and send it to them. Some sources are -

STEP IV : Send stuff to penmaker

Duh!!! Obvious...

STEP V : Wait

Wait anxiously till your vision takes shape.

Regards,

Prithwijit

Click here to check out my reviews

Fosfor Rajendran | ASA Santulan | Ranga Sugarcane | ASA Sniper | Fosfor Heather | ASA I-Will | Hero Glorious | ASA Azaadi | Fosfor Islander | ASA Halwa | ASA Macaw | ASA Namenlos | ASA Bheeshma

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prithwijit

• Sanjay13leo

• bobje

• Jobesmirage

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks so much for taking your time, ha! Im still pretty green when it comes to fountain pens and ever since looking at your posts Ive been thinking about getting a custom order... that purple pen you had on the other thread was really striking and these pens are beautiful. Now Im going to have to take a look at a bunch of acrylics... and may be this kirinite material

Those pens are absolutely fabulous! I need to select a pen blank & design and send it off to Mr. Subramaniam! That golden yellow pen made me speechless!

• 1 month later...

Bob

This is currently out of stock but if u mail them they will arrange one. ASA pens can make one for u too.

Please find link below.

The pen was designed by Prithwijit and the Blank was also his choice.

http://www.theturnersworkshop.co.uk/shop/pen-blanks/acrylic-blanks/tangerine-acrylic-pen-blank.html

Thanks and Regards

Sanjay

Sorry about reviving this old thread but I was wondering if that was the best site to send ASA pens material (in terms of cost)

Sorry about reviving this old thread but I was wondering if that was the best site to send ASA pens material (in terms of cost)

Hi,

Shipping from US is usually more expensive than shipping from UK. So for small quantities I prefer to get them from Vince Coates of UK. His website is www.theturnersworkshop.co.uk .

Regards,

Prithwijit

Click here to check out my reviews

Fosfor Rajendran | ASA Santulan | Ranga Sugarcane | ASA Sniper | Fosfor Heather | ASA I-Will | Hero Glorious | ASA Azaadi | Fosfor Islander | ASA Halwa | ASA Macaw | ASA Namenlos | ASA Bheeshma

That's odd, I thought having left a word on this thread... :unsure:

Anyhow. Beautiful pens, indeed. Two beauties.

Maybe you should contact Bock for the ink losing nib! They can surely do something about it. That should not happen.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo