New J Herbin 1670 Anniversary Caroube De Chypre Ink

bureaudirect

Hi folks,

we just got back from London Stationery Show and got some amazing news for you :)

J Herbin have announced the new colour for 1670 Anniversary range: Caroube de Chypre

Here is the short info we were given by lovely people from J Herbin:

"It is said that J. Herbin was very fond of dried carob pods and that is the reason he lived so long!
As the other merchants sailing the Mediterranean sea, he would pick them up in Cyprus, on his way back home.
The carob bean is the fruit of the carob tree and was cultivated in the Mediterranean countries since ancient times..
Carob pods are known for their great therapeutic properties and were marketed throughout Europe as the “black gold of Cyprus”.
This new Anniversary ink is called “Caroube de Chypre” because of its intense and deep brown with a hint of red, and of course its gold specks".
The official launch date is 14th of July 2016.
J Herbin have a very solid brown line-up, so creating a red-brown with gold specs sounds amazing!!!! :thumbup:
What do you think?
All the best,
Mishka

bureaudirect the home of quality stationery
www.bureaudirect.co.uk
@bureaudirect

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShortRound131

• Fabienne

• bureaudirect

• inkstainedruth

I'm not a huge fan of red-browns. But I'll be interested in seeing what this one looks like -- because, after all, if you had asked me about orangey-reds I would have said no on them as well. Until I saw Rouge Hematite (the original formula with the big gold flakes in it).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Thanks for posting the announcement.

Once in a while, a red-brown catches my eye. Maybe this will be one of them especially since it's hard to say "no" to gold specks.

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

This new Anniversary ink is called “Caroube de Chypre” because of its intense and deep brown with a hint of red, and of course its gold specks".

That sounds quite interesting... I am a sucker for Browns.. Inks, I mean... :lol:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I currently have all the brown inks that I could possible use for the next decade. Like others, I really don't like glittery inks, so I will just let this one pass right on by..........

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

I don't like glitter inks, I bought rouge hematite and it caused problems even without glitter. Won't buy again irrespective of the color.

I'm looking forward to seeing it closer to release. So far, I like the two 1670 inks I do have so another and brown to boot would be nice.

I'm excited!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I have been using Tsukushi ink in Franklin-Christoph Cokebottlepen for 2 months now and it's wicked. Hoping to see something similar, perhaps darker with Caroube de Chipre :))

I dislike inks with sparkle/glitter or whatever. So I'll give it a miss.

Same. My Hematite is the goldless formula, as is the Bleu Ocean. Traded my Stormy Grey- grays that pale make me sad.

Physician- signing your scripts with Skrips!

I'm so tough I vacation in Detroit.

Hi,

I just wish they provided the glittery bits in a separate container, so one could use the ink both with and without bling.

Bye,

S1

Edited by Sandy1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

Neat. I'm also not a huge fan of the glittery stuff so I'l pass. Still very cool though that we have all these interesting options for FP ink in this day and age.

Current Favourites

Pen- Pilot Custom 74

Ink- J.Herbin Emerald of Chivor

I'm not fond of sparkly or shimmery inks either, but I'm looking forward to seeing what shade of brown it'll be. The name sounds lovely, and also I've been enjoying my Rouge Hematite. Unlike Emerald of Chivor, my bottle of Rouge Hematite is rather more subtle with the glitter (though perhaps I simply haven't shaken the bottle enough before filling!).

I was once a bottle of ink, Inky Dinky Thinky Inky, Blacky Minky Bottle of Ink!

I wasn't originally interested in a red-brown, but just purchased two brown pens, so I may end up picking this one up. For those that don't like sparkle or shimmer, the particles in the J. Herbin 1670 inks settle quite a bit. If you fill your pen without shaking the bottle first, you will probably end up with little if any sparkle. If you really like the color but for the sparkle, give a sample a shot after letting it settle (though it may be harder with a sample than with a bottle).