Looking For Fade Proof Blue-Black Inks

AmeyaG

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this.

I'm looking for a blue-black or black ink which is fade and water resistant and easy to maintain. The ink will be used for note taking (some important notes which need to last longer without fading). I'm not looking for Iron gall inks. Also, noodler's inks are not available in India and shipping from US costs a lot. Any other suggestion?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AmeyaG

• hari317

• prashant.tikekar

• mriganksinha

Daytone Blue-black is water resistant. But the colour is nearly dark blue rather than Blue-black. You can go through a very detailed review of Vaibhav Mehandiratta on his blog. It is available online on Snapdeal but has to be purchased in bulk quantity like 500 ml X 2 or 60 ml X 15.

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this.

I'm looking for a blue-black or black ink which is fade and water resistant and easy to maintain. The ink will be used for note taking (some important notes which need to last longer without fading). I'm not looking for Iron gall inks. Also, noodler's inks are not available in India and shipping from US costs a lot. Any other suggestion?

Pilot Blue, Blue-Black and Black are quite good when it comes to water resistance and general fade proof ness. Pelikan Black is another favorite, but is not as waterproof as Pilot.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Pilot Blue, Blue-Black and Black are quite good when it comes to water resistance and general fade proof ness. Pelikan Black is another favorite, but is not as waterproof as Pilot.

I have been using Pelikan royal blue. It starts to fade in a week or so. I shall try pilot blue-black. Thank you. :)

Pelikan black and blue black are water resistant enough for me.

Pelikan Royal blue tends to fade. Shall try their blue-black. Thank you. :)

Daytone Blue-black is water resistant. But the colour is nearly dark blue rather than Blue-black. You can go through a very detailed review of Vaibhav Mehandiratta on his blog. It is available online on Snapdeal but has to be purchased in bulk quantity like 500 ml X 2 or 60

Thank you. I will check his review.

Pelikan Royal blue tends to fade. Shall try their blue-black. Thank you. :)

Pelikan royal blue is designed to be eradicated using the Super Pirat ink eradicator which is bleach based. Unfortunately the bleach used to make ordinary paper white remains on the paper in trace amounts and acts on this ink and thus it fades. HTH

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

I've used Pilot blue black and it seems to be fairly fade- and water-proof (a few years now and not decades by any chance).

Hi, Noodler's inks are available in India through Rediff.com

http://shopping.rediff.com/product/noodler-s-baystate-fountain-blue-pen-ink/13435606?pos=alsoview_RT&rkey=165578&sc_cid=www.google.co.in|alsoview_RT

Their bay state blue is just amazing water-proof and vibrant ink.

I am doctor and using it for my patient case pairs and prescriptions, as its water-proof.

Also try their black. its also permanent ink.

Be careful with bay state blue as its notorious for stating. I am using it in Pilot Metropolitan and use only with that entry level pen. Read on-line reviews before using it.

Regards,

Vikas

Daytone Blue-black is water resistant. But the colour is nearly dark blue rather than Blue-black. You can go through a very detailed review of Vaibhav Mehandiratta on his blog. It is available online on Snapdeal but has to be purchased in bulk quantity like 500 ml X 2 or 60 ml X 15.

I brought Daytone blue black recently and the colour is different from what Vaibhav mehandiratta reviewed, its more black than blue . It kind of looks more like a very dark purple than blue.

I brought Daytone blue black recently and the colour is different from what Vaibhav mehandiratta reviewed, its more black than blue . It kind of looks more like a very dark purple than blue.

I also have bought daytone Blue-black 500 ml bottle from Snapdeal which is manufactured in March 2016 and the colour is exactly same as mentioned by Vaibhav Mehandiratta in his review.

I also have bought daytone Blue-black 500 ml bottle from Snapdeal which is manufactured in March 2016 and the colour is exactly same as mentioned by Vaibhav Mehandiratta in his review.

Must be a manufacturing error with my bottle. Will post pictures in a while .

You can find Sailor's pigment blue blacks.
The platinum pigment blue ink is also available if you search for it.

Thumbs up for Daytone Blue black from me as well. But it's water resistant, not completely proof; but more than enough. The feathering is practically negligible.

The pilot inks are superb; but can feather more than others when on substandard paper

Also, it's cheaper to buy Noodler's inks from purepens.co.uk or some other EU retailer.
I'd suggest Bad Belted Kingfisher. (If you are interested in buying it, I am too; we can split the shipping. Others are welcome too.)

X-feather is one of the finest Black inks, but again, not a blue-black.

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest trying Daytone blue black. Quite decently water resistant. Have been using them for school work for some time. Have not noticed any fading.

Here is my review of the ink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkn1VWIcHY4

Watches + fountain pens = heaven! :wub:

Do visit my blogs:-

Watches-http://crazyaboutwatch.blogspot.in/ (run by my friend and I)

Pens-http://crazyaboutpens.blogspot.in/

pelikan blue black...it does the work for me

There's no such thing as perfect writing, just like there's no such thing as perfect despair : Haruki Murakami

• 2 weeks later...

Pilot blue-black is non iron gall and is at least water proof and I believe fade resistant if not proof. It is easy on the pen.

• 3 months later...