Verdigris - Rohrer & Klingner

visvamitra

Rohrer & Klingner operates since 1892. At the moment it's the fifth generation of the family that manages the company. I guess that after 122 years they know what they are doing.

R&K inks offer amazing quality for amazing price. In my country a bnottle of R&K ink costs 5-6 $. I know it's a bit more expensive in America, yet I believe the price is still reasonable.

I find it interesting that Rohrer & Klingner seems to focus mainly on the content and not on the bottles. Inks come in industrial looking bottle taht is quite handy but there's just nothing fancy about it. It's surprising.

http://www.rohrer-klingner.de/fileadmin/_migrated/pics/schreibtinte_top_03.jpg

Anyway they offer eighteen colors, some stunning, some boring but all have good qualities and are easy to clean.

http://imageshack.com/a/img742/3085/WHCjxM.jpg

1. Alt_bordeaux
  2. Alt-Goldgrun
  3. Blu Mare
  4. Blue Permanent
  5. Cassia
  6. Fernambuc
  7. Helianthus
  8. Leipziger-Schwarz
  9. Magenta
  10. Morinda
  11. Royal Blue
  12. Salix
  13. Scabiosa
  14. Sepia
  15. Smaragdgrun
  16. Solferino
  17. Verdigris
  18. Verdura

fpn_1461438108__verdigris_rk_bottle2.jpg

It's time to re-review this ink. I'll start with Verdigris. When I first bought this ink three years ago I loved it. Then, after few months, my taste changed and I stopped using this ink. Recently I've rediscovered this ink. This ink is very smooth and is a real joy to write with. Dry time leaves something to be desired, but it's not terrible.

fpn_1461438124__verdigris_is_3.jpg

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

fpn_1461438219__verdigris_rk_2.jpg

Software ID

fpn_1461438176__verdigris_leuchtturm_3.j

Color Range

fpn_1461438188__verdigris_leuchtturm_4.j

Tomoe River, Kaweco Classic Sport, B

fpn_1461438228__verdigris_tomoe_1.jpg

fpn_1461438238__verdigris_tomoe_2.jpg

fpn_1461438246__verdigris_tomoe_3.jpg

Leuchtturm 1917, Kaweco Claasic Sport, B

fpn_1461438160__verdigris_leuchtturm_1.j

fpn_1461438166__verdigris_leuchtturm_2.j

fpn_1461438195__verdigris_leuchtturm_5.j

Lyreco Budget notebook, St Dupont Fidelio, M

fpn_1461438202__verdigris_lyreco_dupont.

fpn_1461438210__verdigris_lyreco_dupont_

Comparison

fpn_1461438877__img.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• visvamitra

• Ghost Plane

• lgsoltek

• sakshi__reddy

This is my favorite. It does awesome things in my large nibs and no problems in any of my high end pens. The color does intriguing things for me. :wub:

Thank you for the review - the multi-color tableau is a nice touch. Most of these colours don't speak to me, but this blue-grey I really do like. Another bottle for the wishlist.

A shame about it having no water resistance... would've been a nice ink for use at work.

Thank you for the review - the multi-color tableau is a nice touch. Most of these colours don't speak to me, but this blue-grey I really do like. Another bottle for the wishlist.

A shame about it having no water resistance... would've been a nice ink for use at work.

Sailor's Miruai is a similar colour (somewhat greener I believe) and has better water-resistance.

I've always liked this one and thanks for yet another great review.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Nice colour and helpful review as always.

Interested to note your comment that these inks are easy to clean. I had wondered about that.

• 7 months later...

I absolutely love the format of your reviews and I adore the way this looks on my monitor.

How would R&K Verdigrese compare to Sailor Yama dori and Diamine Teal? I'm looking for a deeper teal/ blue-green-black colour and have these three on my radar at present. Any writing samples would be appreciated!

• 1 month later...

Great review! This is too near in shade to Franklin Christoph Midnight Emerald, which I prefer.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

I eventually got Verdigris thanks to reviews like these, it's drop dead gorgeous, my only regret is not getting it sooner.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

• 11 months later...

I bought a sample of this ink recently, and it was much bluer than the samples above. Has it perhaps been reformulated? I love the sober blue-green color, but unfortunately it disappears from the page when water touches it, so it won't become my regular ink.