mehandiratta

So, here are a few Kaweco pens: a black stonewashed AL sport, a copper Lilliput, a brass sport and a blue stonewashed AL sport.

They are all well over one year old (and close to two), and despite the bad quality of the picture, you may be able to appreciate a bit the patina that the copper and brass pens have developed.

fpn_1582391159__kawecos.jpg

I must say, the brass is great, but the Lilliput... oh my. That's got me in love.

I kind of like the blue stonewashed. It is the one I’d consider buying some day. How do you like yours?

Posted Image

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• mehandiratta

• OMASsimo

• Azuniga

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

after having lost my black AL sport at the security check of Malaga airport (out of sight, out of mind ... the black of the pen perfectly blended with the black of the x-ray container), i finally gave in, and bought another one - this time, non-black.

showing here, because i didn't see a picture of the light blue version posted yet. the blue is really very light.

fpn_1587625946__al_sport_lght_bl.jpg

Edited by sebastel23

I kind of like the blue stonewashed. It is the one I’d consider buying some day. How do you like yours?

I certainly like it very much. It's the color of blue denim, and very light. Comfortable to write when posted, and terribly easy to switch nibs with the screw-in nib unit (I got F, M and 1.1 nibs). I got them with clips, but as mentioned by someone else, somewhere else, the clip of the AL sports is not too tight, so it easily slips off, which is why I normally do not use the clip.

The clip of the D'like Alpha has a similar problem. But oddly, I found there is a cheap (3USD) clone of the D'like Alpha (itself a clone of the Sport), that comes with a clip that looks a lot like the classic-style clip of the Lilliput. Here, I must disgress, the classic-copper style clip of the Lilliput is very tight for the Lilliput. Well, this classic-style, steel-color, clip of the cheap clone is actually great, it is somewhat thicker than the ones that come with the Kaweco or the D'like, sturdier and fits a lot tighter. In one word, it is great for the Kaweco (or the D'like).

The only (well known) issue with the Kaweco is the small capacity converters. I got both, and much prefer the syringe-like one. I do not care that much about the capacity, it allows me to switch inks more frequently.

after having lost my black AL sport at the security check of Malaga airport (out of sight, out of mind ... the black of the pen perfectly blended with the black of the x-ray container), i finally gave in, and bought another one - this time, non-black.

showing here, because i didn't see a picture of the light blue version posted yet. the blue is really very light.

fpn_1587625946__al_sport_lght_bl.jpg

That is a very nice one. Looks really tempting. Let's hope I don't see it in real life at a B&M shop.

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.

• 3 weeks later...

The vintage Kaweco pens are really well made and have great nibs. I hope you'll enjoy this little 1960s Sport set with the 12G fountain pen and 19 pencil.

49878861993_5d0346291b_3k.jpgP1530536 by pensninks, auf Flickr

49879392186_a4e68f158f_3k.jpgP1530537 by pensninks, auf Flickr

49879391846_f1dfdc84e6_3k.jpgP1530538 by pensninks, auf Flickr

49879701862_043068b83a_3k.jpgP1530539 by pensninks, auf Flickr

49879700737_71ff6e66ac_3k.jpgP1530543 by pensninks, auf Flickr

49879701567_b0123e1289_3k.jpgP1530541 by pensninks, auf Flickr

49879700437_afa9a0c484_3k.jpgP1530544 by pensninks, auf Flickr

49879701087_d7bda4f7e2_3k.jpgP1530542 by pensninks, auf Flickr

49879700067_2b0dd3a17a_3k.jpgP1530546 by pensninks, auf Flickr

49879699817_4bf9c8049e_3k.jpgP1530547 by pensninks, auf Flickr

49879699392_507573474e_3k.jpgP1530549 by pensninks, auf Flickr

Cheers

Michael

Edited by Michael R.

• 1 month later...

Kaweco No.1 "Colleg" safety, hard rubber pen in nice original condition in working order.

In all of it`s lack of impressiveness, shine and glory... Pure "simplicity". Don`t know anything about it, beside that is probably the smallest one in Kaweco safety pens fleet. Didn`t find a thing on net. So if someone can say a word or two...

fpn_1593965228__1_open.jpg

fpn_1593965273__3_caped.jpg

fpn_1593965293__4_nib.jpg

fpn_1593965316__5_cap_engraved.jpg

fpn_1593965449__6_filling.jpg

fpn_1593965877__7_feed.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just arrived to join its modern siblings:

kaweco-writing-sample.jpg

It's tiny, even smaller than a modern Sport capped, but a smidge longer posted. It's a piston-filler, which is very exciting. It says it's a broad, but it might be slightly stubbed, and it has a little spring. I'm looking forward to getting to know it.

kaweco-capped.jpg

kaweco-posted.jpg

Victoria Versicherung was a German insurance company that was founded in 1853 to insure railways and that disappeared as an independent entity in a merger with German insurance giant ERGO in 1997.

And original vintage trio.

Nothing new, bat rarely seen as a trio. 619 ball-point, 19 pencil and V16 fountain pen.

fpn_1596978809__k3.jpg

fpn_1596978822__k4.jpg

fpn_1596978842__k5.jpg

fpn_1596978767__k1.jpg

fpn_1596978787__k2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, I have a new vintage Kaweco Sport v12 set it interestingly the inscription of "Junker" on the FP. It writes well with medium semi-flex.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow

Thank you @txomsy for telling about your blue stonewashed Kaweco. Good to know about the clips’ tightness.

I finally ordered one today after getting a $5 amazon gift card from the cellphone company that bought the cellphone company I switched to in 2018. With another $9.75 in rewards/return money, and the lower price, the pen cost $47.75. Hopefully it will be a good transaction. A reviewer claimed they were sent a rollerball.

Posted Image

My Kaweco AL Sport Stonewashed Blue pen arrived today. It isn’t the same blue as the photo, but it’s still nice.

fpn_1598231093__59c6952f-dc24-4377-a5f0-

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Just arrived to join its modern siblings:

attachicon.gif kaweco-writing-sample.jpg

I'm reaching the end of the first fill of this V16 Sport, and it's starting to burp ink all over the place. Is that normal? I know eyedroppers can do that, but the only other piston fillers I have are Pelikans, and I haven't seen them do that.

Piston fillers usually don't burp in my experience. If they do, that could be an indication that the piston seal isn't sealing properly anymore or that there is another air leakage (crack, feed not set properly, etc.). I think the V16 has a rubber seal and those usually don't fail. At least non of my did so far. I hope you'll find the reason and can fix it. Enjoy this nice little pen. :)

Has anyone tried a Black clip on a silver, raw, grey, or steel Sport? Just curious how it looks. I feel like the chrome one might clash because it does not match perfectly.

My Kaweco's the Blue Jeans Denim version and the black carbon fiber version

Kaweco1.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!