Central Penn Pens, Harrisburg Pa, 7 May 2016 @ 1:00Pm

FredRydr

Central Penn Pens - Middle of Spring meeting

Saturday 7 May 2016 @ 1:00 pm
Café Fresco, 3352 Paxton Street
Harrisburg, PA

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t68/earthly-paradise/Waterman-Ideal-Fountain-Pen-Giclee-.jpg

Hello everyone!

The Central Penn Pens group will meet again to celebrate the arrival (then departure, then re-arrival) of Spring. The Philadelphia Pen Show was a bit of a blizzard, but Baltimore and Long Island more than made up for it.
Café Fresco. Many of you are now familiar with that venue for showing and sharing your pen hobby.

Now, let’s just relax in the back room of that local eatery where we’ve been meeting on and off for almost ten years. The next meeting of the Central Penn Pens will take place on Saturday, 7 May 2016 at 1:00pm. We'll gather in the back room of, just east of Harrisburg. This location is like the hub of a spoked wheel of major roads, and is easy to get to from I-81, I-83, I-76 (Pa Turnpike) and US322.
We are working on a presentation, so watch this thread. Those of you who've been here before know we pile the tables with pen collections and the opportunity to trade, buy or sell. Then there's the ink swap to try new brands and shades that you would never consider before, and without spending a dime. After all, your unwanted ink is another writer’s treasure, so bring those dusty bottles along. We’ll also have the Goodie Box, a place to put your orphan pen items that simply clutter your desk at home, but others will be glad to have them.

Watch this space for more information, updates, freebies and whatnot. Please contact me with ideas, offers and questions.

Fred

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FredRydr

• Rick Krantz

Bump. Watch for news on the presentation.

If you are not on the email list and you wish to be, PM me.

Fred

Edited by FredRydr

Franklin-Christoph Pens are coming to the Central Penn Pens Spring Meeting! http://www.franklin-christoph.com

Jim Rouse, a long-time member of the fountain pen community, has been with Franklin-Christoph for quite a while now, and he will bring his knowledge and Franklin-Christoph pens to share with us on May 7th! Jim is also familiar with vintage and modern pens, especially Sheaffer. Many may know him from his years managing the downtown Baltimore pen shop.

Have your questions ready to challenge Jim. I know he'll be informative and entertaining. See you on May 7th at 1:00pm.

Fred

This just in! Bert Oser, owner of Bertram's Inkwell in Kensington Maryland, has donated a door prize for the May 7th meeting.

Bertram's Inkwell has quite an impressive inventory, and can be found at many pen shows. Bert often has guest experts at the shop with their collections of vintage pens, many of them for sale. Get on his email list for more information by visiting his website. https://www.bertramsinkwell.com Also, Bert is the promoter of the Baltimore and Miami Pen Shows. Miami is July 15-17, 2016, and Baltimore will be next March. Check the following websites for the latest information. http://miamipenshow.com http://baltimorepenshow.com

Thank you Bert from everyone who comes to the meeting!

Fred

We are not paying for taking over the back room at Cafe Fresco, so please buy your lunch from them. That ensures our welcome. And their food is top notch. Here is the menu: Cafe Fresco Paxton Menu

Fred

Saturday is approaching fast!

I'll bring my junk box, and a few misc pens and projects if anyone is interested.

http://www.chiltonpens.com/images/displaystyle.jpg

Jim Rouse has had to cancel. :unsure: We're working on a stand-in. :P

Fred