Montblanc M Refill

walter_lam

Hello all,

I am new to this group and I have a question that need some help.

I brought the Montblanc M rollerball pen for my wife but she said the line is too bold for this pen, Then I go to the store and brought the only compatible refill - Art fineliner and this time she said it is not smooth :yikes: . After I took her to MB store and try out the pens, she said she like the ballpoint. My local store do not accept return or exchange and therefore I am hoping anyone could advise me which MB ballpoint refill that I could buy to fit it this Montblanc M rollerball, I know the rollerball refill is different and I do not mind to do some DIY in order to make it work. Thanks.

I have took some photos of the refill and attached,. Thanks again.

Regards,

Walter

post-129222-0-52336000-1460011279_thumb.jpg

post-129222-0-42782500-1460011313_thumb.jpg

post-129222-0-69379200-1460011345_thumb.jpg

post-129222-0-44589100-1460011384_thumb.jpg

post-129222-0-56549100-1460011425_thumb.jpg

post-129222-0-50892200-1460011438_thumb.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• walter_lam

• A1979

• penparadise

• Chrissy

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello and welcome to FPN. :W2FPN:

Montblanc BP refills do not fit any of their RB pens. RB pens only take RB or Fineliner refills.

Hello and welcome to FPN. :W2FPN:

Montblanc BP refills do not fit any of their RB pens. RB pens only take RB or Fineliner refills.

Thanks Chrissy,

I understand it and therefore trying to see any other refill which is similar to this one and then I could do some small modification to make it fit.

Would you try to fill diesel into your car if it normally runs on gas?

I know it's not comparable but if you try to put a not suitable refill (no matter if this is from Montblanc or not) with a different size into your pen, filling up the difference with something self constructed you might destroy the whole pen. There must be a reason why Montblanc uses different refill sizes for the different bodies of their models, don't you think so? — So why not selling the pen in the bay and buy your wife a new and real ballpoint pen?

Axel

Montblanc collector since 1968. Former owner of the Montblanc Boutique Bremen, retired 2007 and sold it.
Collecting Montblanc safeties, eyedroppers, lever fillers, button fillers, compressors - all from 1908 - 1929,
Montblanc ephemera and paraphernalia from 1908 to 1929,
Montblanc Meisterstück from 1924 up to the 50s,
Montblanc special and limited editions from 1991 to 2006

Please do not try to make modifications to the pen. I agree with penparadise , sell the RB and buy a BP.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

The refill you show is a capless roller one; it can be replaced with a Parker ballpoint refill without any modification.

Edited by Rodberman

Walter, no good deed goes unpunished. This should teach you the consequences of trying to do something nice for your wife.

If you try to fix the pen, or substitute a Parker refill, you will make a bad problem worse. Take your wife to the store with you to be sure she gets the ballpoint she wants (and so richly deserves :rolleyes:), and to make sure she cannot heap more opprobrium, scorn, and contempt upon your head. Then sell the roller on the Bay. The difference between what you get for the roller and what you pay for the new ballpoint is the cost of today's lesson.

Did you buy the roller at a Montblanc boutique? If not, I'd look for a dealer that accepts exchanges.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Montblanc will provide you a new wife. :)

I don't think so, you rascal.

Edited by meiers

Thanks all for the advice, buying a new pen is much easier than getting a new wife :lticaptd: .

:) :)