Heritage Collection - Rouge Et Noir Special Edition

Sampanel

The 1912 writes wet but dries quickly. I previously used Winter Glow and now Toffee Brown, it's the same.

I did open up the ink channel on mine and I've been using Pilot ink lately. Before that, I did mainly use Mont Blanc or Parker Quink.

Nino

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pravda

• Sampanel

• mjchuang9

• daenghafez

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone have both a medium and fine nib and can say how the width differs? I presume Hamburg doesn't have any other nibs lurking at HQ?

I just received my coral with B-nib. Your dealer or boutique can take care for you

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

Wow just received my coral with B-nib. Here are some pics of it.

Thank you Mr. Appelboom for the excellent service (again)

post-44576-0-91707900-1462204242_thumb.jpeg

Appelboom

post-44576-0-29166400-1462204478_thumb.jpeg

Still at work so don't have time to enjoy it and ink it. Hope I can find some time tonight and make more pics of it.

Appelboom

I did open up the ink channel on mine and I've been using Pilot ink lately. Before that, I did mainly use Mont Blanc or Parker Quink.

Nino

Ah yes, speaking about the Parker Quick, I've been using that on my Lamy 2000 and it seems that's it's even wetter than MB inks and takes a longer time to dry too. Did yours previously felt similar?

Lamy 2000 FP, PP, BP, MFP & RB. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.

Ah yes, speaking about the Parker Quick, I've been using that on my Lamy 2000 and it seems that's it's even wetter than MB inks and takes a longer time to dry too. Did yours previously felt similar?

Honestly, it's hard to say. I swap out the inks pretty frequently (like after a couple of days...I get bored easily). The MB inks flow different for me depending on which pen they're in.

Nino

It is said that it is not a true piston inside but a converter. What's your opinion about it?

The picture below indicates the "piston" is in fact a simple convertor.

13129347_967372093358976_1990447293_n.jp

Edited by lunarfp

Dropped by the Dallas boutique today. They are completely sold out of all the coral models. My wife loved the coral BP I got her for her birthday. She has been showing it off to everyone.

Clearly a woman with discerning taste.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

What an amazing picture! Explains so much just by looking at it.. Thank you

The picture below indicates the "piston" is in fact a simple convertor.

Interesting picture. If this is true, I find it quite sad that a pen sold as a piston filler in fact merely hides a simple converter.

Regards,

S.

Edited by sny

Honestly, it's hard to say. I swap out the inks pretty frequently (like after a couple of days...I get bored easily). The MB inks flow different for me depending on which pen they're in.

Nino

I see, I just flushed out my last remaining balance of the winter glow ink in my 1912 and replaced it with toffee brown. It's my first ink change since I bought the pen and the flushing process using warm water takes a few cycles to completely become clear.

Lamy 2000 FP, PP, BP, MFP & RB. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.

I think we need to keep discussing the elephant in the room. The picture of the tray of prototype parts is interesting and a bit disturbing. Has anyone taken apart theirs and confirmed that there is a simple flimsy converter in there? If it is true, I'm a bit disappointed. I could understand the 1912 having to use a converter but Montblanc could've easily put a real piston filler in there.

What an amazing picture! Explains so much just by looking at it.. Thank you

Fascinating, isn't it?

Interesting picture. If this is true, I find it quite sad that a pen sold as a piston filler in fact merely hides a simple converter.

Regards,

S.

I couldn't agree more.

I think we need to keep discussing the elephant in the room. The picture of the tray of prototype parts is interesting and a bit disturbing. Has anyone taken apart theirs and confirmed that there is a simple flimsy converter in there? If it is true, I'm a bit disappointed. I could understand the 1912 having to use a converter but Montblanc could've easily put a real piston filler in there.

The following can be found online:

13166756_1754964278072957_2013705775_n.j

"@timewerke: Montblanc Black & White Week in Singapore. Daniel Kohler (left), head of retail operations at Montblanc GmbH and Axel Nier from Montblanc's Nib Manufacture, both based in Hamburg, Germany, reveal the "secrets" of the Rouge et Noir and their passion for fine writing instruments."

12912278_510530449149105_24621335_n.jpg

Time will let us know the reasons why they decided to use a captive converter instead of a piston filler system. To be fair, they are not hiding themselves, since they have exposed all pieces that are inside the Rouge et Noir fountain pen line.

Time will let us know the reasons why they decided to use a captive converter instead of a piston filler system. To be fair, they are not hiding themselves, since they have exposed all pieces that are inside the Rouge et Noir fountain pen line.

I beg to disagree. If it hadn't been for FPN I wouldn't have known it.

Moreover, the Montblnc website explicitly speaks about reinterpreting a legendary writing instrument with a modern piston filler technology. I don't know what the typical Montblanc customer understands by a modern piston filler technology but I doubt they have a fixed converter in mind.

Regards,

S.

Edited by sny

In the end, it doesn't bother me how it's filled. Could it hold more ink? Probably, but in a way it's cool that it's an enclosed converter....until you can access it and you need to. haha

Nino

My ReN makes sound when I shake the pen. Do you hear this sound as well? Its some sort of rattling sound, different from 1912 in that it is more prominent. Sounds like a ball moving within a convertor.

My ReN makes sound when I shake the pen. Do you hear this sound as well? Its some sort of rattling sound, different from 1912 in that it is more prominent. Sounds like a ball moving within a convertor.

Oh yeah, just shook mine. Like several balls not just one by what I can hear

Oh yeah, just shook mine. Like several balls not just one by what I can hear

Exactly, mine is like that too. I suppose a lot of converters have a small bead inside to assist ink distribution or something?

FWIW, I tried to "see through" my ReN special edition using an infrared camera without success. The cap and blind cap are transparent i.e. resin but the barrel is of something different, totally black i.e. can't "see through" :-(

Besides, Montblanc needs to come clean on this. Is this a piston filler pen i.e. the ink is held in the barrel or a piston convertor i.e. the ink is held inside a ink "reservoir" within the barrel.

P.S. I asked them on their Facebook post about this. Let's see what comes out of it.

Edited by sunnerd

Best regards, Kai

Montblanc 13x, #20/25/30/40, 244/6 Green Marbled, 322 Azure Blue, 234 1/2 G/PL, 256, 220, 34.

Montblanc 144G Grey, 146G Green Striated, 146 Silver Barley, 149 (50s-00s).

Montblanc WE Christie, Imperial Dragon, Wilde, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Proust, Schiller, Verne, Mann, Twain. PoA Prince Regent, Morgan...

Visconti Pontevecchio LE, Metropolitan Gordian Knot, Ripples. Omas Paragon Royale Blue HT, Extra Lucens Black LE. Pilot Silvern. Pelikan 620 Shanghai, 800 Blue o Blue.

Exactly, mine is like that too. I suppose a lot of converters have a small bead inside to assist ink distribution or something?

FWIW, I tried to "see through" my ReN special edition using an infrared camera without success. The cap and blind cap are transparent i.e. resin but the barrel is of something different, totally black i.e. can't "see through" :-(

Besides, Montblanc needs to come clean on this. Is this a piston filler pen i.e. the ink is held in the barrel or a piston convertor i.e. the ink is held inside a ink "reservoir" within the barrel.

P.S. I asked them on their Facebook post about this. Let's see what comes out of it.

Both of your observation and inquiry have been previously addresses no? :)

The barrel is metal lacquered and the cap is resin. Just like the Heritage 1912 you see the infrared shots. And it is in fact a converter as we see above in a disassembled piece