Heritage Collection - Rouge Et Noir Special Edition

Sampanel

Picked mine up earlier this evening at the Boston store. Really nice. I love the minimalism of it, well aside from the clip. I was tossed between the coral and black, but I decided to go for the black as I really liked that one. Plus, I thought I can always get the coral later on. Anyway, the nib is nice and springy. Pictures really don't do it justice, as I wasn't completely sold until I saw it in person.

Anyway, I'm thinking I might send it off for an OBB nib like on my Heritage 1912.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pravda

• Sampanel

• mjchuang9

• daenghafez

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Picked mine up earlier this evening at the Boston store. Really nice. I love the minimalism of it, well aside from the clip. I was tossed between the coral and black, but I decided to go for the black as I really liked that one. Plus, I thought I can always get the coral later on. Anyway, the nib is nice and springy. Pictures really don't do it justice, as I wasn't completely sold until I saw it in person.

Anyway, I'm thinking I might send it off for an OBB nib like on my Heritage 1912.

What are the nib options available?

Another coral version with stones on snake eyes, and more expensive.

Here are roughly the prices of the pens in US:

Black FP $670

Black BP $420

Coral FP $800

Coral BP $495

Pouch (EB price) $465

Thanks for the information, I can't believe the difference between those two is less than $100.

1 WE > 1 black bp + ​1 coral bp !

Just got mine a coral red this evening from Kuala Lumpur MB boutique. The MB sales guy said that the pen arrived today & I was the first buyer! The price here is $889 for the coral red & $740 for the black.

This collection will be joined with the serpent cufflinks & leather notebook. 😍😍😍

Here are some photos with its elder sibling Christie & 100 years anniversary MB pouch.

Beautiful pens.

My only concerns are the metal section and the look of orange on black. I'd prefer black but I can't see how it can go with orange.

On the other hand getting plain orange would also be a challenge for me- I'd feel like... wearing a pink shirt to work...

Still undecided..

Beautiful pens.

My only concerns are the metal section and the look of orange on black. I'd prefer black but I can't see how it can go with orange.

On the other hand getting plain orange would also be a challenge for me- I'd feel like... wearing a pink shirt to work...

Still undecided..

I mentioned in an earlier post/thread that the metal section was actually what drew me away from the black version; however, on the coral it is a champagne colored metal that blends in really well :)

Also, I like you thought the coral would be too much for my taste. But when I saw it in person, wow! I figured one pen out there (like a pink shirt) would actually add a nice contrast to my collection. It really stands out in my 13 pen case.

Actually, because the colour is that of orange hard rubber / ebonite, despite being precious resin (the cap) and lacquer (the metal body), it actually looks quite good.

I know they really made a lot of work of matching the colours., quite amazing they are exactly the same.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

So far the only fleeting concern I have after 2 days is that the turn circumference when closing the pen is somewhat short. Maybe too short :/ twice now I close it properly and put it in case, where as I pull it delicately out the cap comes almost open.

I mentioned in an earlier post/thread that the metal section was actually what drew me away from the black version; however, on the coral it is a champagne colored metal that blends in really well :)

Also, I like you thought the coral would be too much for my taste. But when I saw it in person, wow! I figured one pen out there (like a pink shirt) would actually add a nice contrast to my collection. It really stands out in my 13 pen case.

Thanks for that info. I think I might harden up and seriously consider the orange.

So far the only fleeting concern I have after 2 days is that the turn circumference when closing the pen is somewhat short. Maybe too short :/ twice now I close it properly and put it in case, where as I pull it delicately out the cap comes almost open.

What the...... I hope this is an isolated incidence.

I will be going to a conference in a couple of months, stopping en route either in Singapore or Sydney. I'll have to see it in person before making the decision. I think I must fly Singapore Airline rather than Asiana this time!

Thanks for that info. I think I might harden up and seriously consider the orange.

What the...... I hope this is an isolated incidence.

I will be going to a conference in a couple of months, stopping en route either in Singapore or Sydney. I'll have to see it in person before making the decision. I think I must fly Singapore Airline rather than Asiana this time!

Ok maybe it sounds worse than it is.. I'm used to my other MBs to turn a lot to close and it feels tight or snug (I don't do it too much to damage the thread linings of course). But this one it's like just maybe 1 ½ turns and easy to open.. Will report again in a few days :)

For those who own the Coral, I notice that when the pen is under the sun light, the orange colour of the barrel slight differs with the colour of the pen cap/knob.

Does anyone here share with me or my eyes are playing trick with me?

For those who own the Coral, I notice that when the pen is under the sun light, the orange colour of the barrel slight differs with the colour of the pen cap/knob.

Does anyone here share with me or my eyes are playing trick with me?

The cap is made by precious resin and the barrel is metal that is lacquered. That is the reason they look a little bit different.

The cap is made by precious resin and the barrel is metal that is lacquered. That is the reason they look a little bit different.

Oh I see.. Thanks for enlightening.

Now the important question is.. What color ink suits or matches your coral version best?

I've already inked it with Edelstein Sapphire. :)

Oh I see.. Thanks for enlightening.

The colour is exactly the same, so I reckon it is caused by the different girth of cap and barrel; the cap obviously is quite a bit thicker than the pen itself, and hence light will be reflected differently, so it may indeed look indeed slightly different :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Can you post the cap on these pens?

If yes, it might clinch th deal for me.

Edited by meiers

I've already inked it with Edelstein Sapphire. :)

Nice! I did something similar, was given a free bottle of Leo Tolstoy with it and so there it did :)

What other colors match it you think? I am contemplating MB Irish Green, dark grey, maybe MB Midnight Blue, possibly Mystery Black.. Hmm..

Nice! I did something similar, was given a free bottle of Leo Tolstoy with it and so there it did :)

What other colors match it you think? I am contemplating MB Irish Green, dark grey, maybe MB Midnight Blue, possibly Mystery Black.. Hmm..

My next choice would be Midnight Blue or Dark Grey.