Pen Engineer

not sure... have I told you that I have almost completed my writing about feeds.

would REALLY appreciate some questions or pointers, so I know what's missing :rolleyes:

with kindness...

Amadeus W.
Ingeneer2

visit Fountain Pen Design

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pen Engineer

• Tas

• mehandiratta

• Cyber6

General News!

1.)

The French have discovered Fountain Pen Magic. Yesterday, there were almost 100 French visitors. Their forum website is almost a copy of the fountain pen geek site, no comment. My French is very rusty, there were nice compliments, that much I could understand. I would have liked to respond to some, but subscribing in French... no go!

So, if there are any French in this forum / site... do you think you could help me signing in? Do they have an English translation of their site?

Now, the final question is: Where are the Germans?

2.)

Have you noticed, there is a section on design towards the end of my site? The articles have more of a theoretical, philosophical and spiritual lean... with practical applications, of course. Yesterday, I published a chapter on Aesthetics in my paper Design Quality.

with kindness...

Amadeus W.
Ingeneer2

• 2 weeks later...

I have to talk about it somewhere, otherwise I explode. Yesterday, I had 1131 views on my fountain pen site. :lol: Still can't believe it. Today, it's back to normal, around 90 views a day.

Let's have a party. :lticaptd:

with kindness...

Amadeus W.
Ingeneer2

• 2 years later...

Hi to all!

I am writing on a new chapter on my website. It is about the reservoir. The technical side of it, as you can imagine. B) So that I can compare the different styles I need their volumes, which I have found information for most but not the piston and bladder converter. I would need their volumes (ml) and the actual height/length to which they fill up and the mechanical length of the volume, which would be a smidgen longer. :rolleyes:

Sure, I could buy one each. However, so far, I have always received your help, otherwise, adding it all up, it would have been quite costly. :huh:

BTW, I published a new chapter, which is about the cap. If you have a moment, enjoy reading. :rolleyes:

Edited by Pen_Ingeneer

with kindness...

Amadeus W.
Ingeneer2

Ooo. I always enjoy reading your blog. Will take a look now. Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge with us.

:)

Hi to all!

I am writing on a new chapter on my website. It is about the reservoir. The technical side of it, as you can imagine. B) So that I can compare the different styles I need their volumes, which I have found information for most but not the piston and bladder converter. I would need their volumes (ml) and the actual height/length to which they fill up and the mechanical length of the volume, which would be a smidgen longer. :rolleyes:

Sure, I could buy one each. However, so far, I have always received your help, otherwise, adding it all up, it would have been quite costly. :huh:

BTW, I published a new chapter, which is about the cap. If you have a moment, enjoy reading. :rolleyes:

What measurements and from which pens would you like the information from?

Ooo. I always enjoy reading your blog. Will take a look now. Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge with us.

:)

i am glad you like it. What really helps me is your feedback. You see, I am writing from the view of an ingeneer, which can be over the top, sometimes. Through your feedback I learn how to write for my readers. Because that's my motivation.

with kindness...

Amadeus W.
Ingeneer2

What measurements and from which pens would you like the information from?

The volume of a bladder converter... I would need the volume (ml) and the actual height/length to which they fill up and the mechanical length of the volume, which would be a smidgen longer. :rolleyes: I only need averages, therefore, just throw some data at me and I'll do the rest. B) It does not matter which pens they are.

As I am writing the new chapter, I found another point I like to know. The distance between the tip of the nib and the end of the feed/start of the reservoir. I want to calculate the hydrostatic pressure resting on the nib. Same as above, any measurements are good. ;)

By the way, have you ticked on my site to be a follower? This way you get an email message, automatically, whenever something new is happening.

with kindness...

Amadeus W.
Ingeneer2

What a Great blog you have put together!

Namiki Yukari Maki-e Zodiac Horse 1st edition, by Masaru Hayashi 林胜 | Namiki Yukari Royale Vermillon Urushi No. 20 | Pelikan M1000 | Montblanc WE 2004 Franz Kafka LE | Montblanc POA 2018 Homage to Ludwig II LE 4810 | Montblanc POA Joseph II 2012 LE 4810 | Montblanc 146 75th Anniversary SE | Montblanc Meisterstück Great Masters James Purdey & Sons SE | Montblanc 118232 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir Spider Metamorphosis SE Coral | Montblanc 10575 Meisterstück Gold 149 | Montblanc 114229 Meisterstück Platinum 149 | Montblanc 111043 John F. Kennedy LE 1917 Rollerball | Montblanc 116258 The Beatles SE Ballpoint | Montblanc 114723 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir SE Rollerball | Montblanc Meisterstück Platinum-Coated Classique Ballpoint |

The volume of a bladder converter... I would need the volume (ml) and the actual height/length to which they fill up and the mechanical length of the volume, which would be a smidgen longer. :rolleyes: I only need averages, therefore, just throw some data at me and I'll do the rest. B) It does not matter which pens they are.

As I am writing the new chapter, I found another point I like to know. The distance between the tip of the nib and the end of the feed/start of the reservoir. I want to calculate the hydrostatic pressure resting on the nib. Same as above, any measurements are good. ;)

By the way, have you ticked on my site to be a follower? This way you get an email message, automatically, whenever something new is happening.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_pilot_bladder_converter_volume.jpeg

Unlike you, I am not an engineer. My measurements are shown above. The converter, if filled though a pilot pen fills almost full so probably 50mm instead of 55mm. I tend to fill mine using a syringe. Filled to the brim (not advisable) I'm getting 0.9ml.

This does't sound right though.

* I've just used the same syringe to measure the volume of a full international short cartridge and it showed 0.7ml - I've a feeling the units are not ml but something else.

** This is not really helpful is it? :rolleyes: :unsure: :blush:

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_pilot_bladder_converter_volume.jpeg

Unlike you, I am not an engineer. My measurements are shown above. The converter, if filled though a pilot pen fills almost full so probably 50mm instead of 55mm. I tend to fill mine using a syringe. Filled to the brim (not advisable) I'm getting 0.9ml.

This does't sound right though.

* I've just used the same syringe to measure the volume of a full international short cartridge and it showed 0.7ml - I've a feeling the units are not ml but something else.

** This is not really helpful is it? :rolleyes: :unsure: :blush:

it always helps... :rolleyes: your drawing is excellent and livens up the scenery... you can draw a straight line, which is more than many ingeneers can :lol: and your measurements are correct: the short international is 0.75ml ;) and what I am after are practical results, not always the technically possible

thanks again.

with kindness...

Amadeus W.
Ingeneer2

it always helps... :rolleyes: your drawing is excellent and livens up the scenery... you can draw a straight line, which is more than many ingeneers can :lol: and your measurements are correct: the short international is 0.75ml ;) and what I am after are practical results, not always the technically possible

thanks again.

:) Yay glad to help.

Please feel free to put out more specific requests if you need them. I know your findings will be for the greater good.

:) Yay glad to help.

Please feel free to put out more specific requests if you need them. I know your findings will be for the greater good.

:) Okidoki, wonderful

with kindness...

Amadeus W.
Ingeneer2

Welcome. I've been visiting your blog for quite some time, and find it most interesting and often useful. It's a joy to have you on FPN.

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.

Cool! Great site, I look forward to digging deeper in it. thanks! George