Visconti Divina Black Or Divina Elegance Blue

ajlmarques

Decisions, decisions :)

I've already made my mind that the next one in the collection will be a Visconti Divina. And I had my sights on the Divina Black. However (damn you internet) the Blue is starting to grow on me as well. I'm sure I won't have the chance to compare them in a B&M store, so I need your opinion, in particular if you had the chance to handle both. And yes, I realise tastes are subjective...

Also, for approximately the same price, I can get a pre-owned near mint Divina Black in the special edition with the calliper or go for a regular edition new Black or Blue.

Thoughts?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ajlmarques

• Ghost Plane

• shawndp

• Old_Inkyhand

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! (says the proud owner of black, blue, red and brown :blush: ) I lean toward the Maxi size as well. My black is a B nib and the rest are stubs.

Bottom line, you can't go wrong, no matter which you get. Because you will want the others eventually. They're so gorgeous and so darn comfortable in the hand :wub:

My understanding is that the back divina in the fancy box with the caliper is just a standard divina... so I would not pay the same as per a new pen just to own a fancy box. Of course I am not talking about the original Divina Proportione limited edition (that was in brown).

I own a divina Maxi and I came to hate it. It is beautiful aesthetically, but the filling system - basically a captive converter - is awful. You never know if the pen was actually loaded.

Yes! (says the proud owner of black, blue, red and brown :blush: ) I lean toward the Maxi size as well. My black is a B nib and the rest are stubs.

Bottom line, you can't go wrong, no matter which you get. Because you will want the others eventually. They're so gorgeous and so darn comfortable in the hand :wub:

I was thinking of going with either M or B... but then I picked up my HS with the stub and "what was I thinking, M or B?!?" it will be a stub.

And I do want the others, not eventually, but now. Bank account says otherwise, though.

My understanding is that the back divina in the fancy box with the caliper is just a standard divina... so I would not pay the same as per a new pen just to own a fancy box. Of course I am not talking about the original Divina Proportione limited edition (that was in brown).

I own a divina Maxi and I came to hate it. It is beautiful aesthetically, but the filling system - basically a captive converter - is awful. You never know if the pen was actually loaded.

I don't know what Visconti were thinking with this filling mechanism, in particular knowing how good the filling on the HS is (yes, I know that a lot of people also hate it, but I can't fault it).

In my humble opinion, blue (imperial blue?) is a very attractive pen, sollowed by the brown one. I think black one is a little too black.. I think giodarni had a recent sale on this item if you are interested.

On the other hand, I would choose the black one. The other versions are stunning, but I like simple, elegant designs. Those blue acrylic swirls combined with silver inlays make me feel that too much is "going on" on the pen. That it is... maybe not messy, but for sure not as calm and regular as the black one. I enjoy this calm regularity a lot, it is definitely one of Divina's advantages.

You may as well have a look at your present collection. If you have a lot of black pens with silver trim, you could be more willing to go for the blue one.

Damn, now I want to have a Divina.

Damn, now I want to have a Divina.

It's what I've been saying all along - FPN are just a bunch of enablers... :)

If only they were cheaper :)

I decided to make our 'next pens' list. Next... and next... and next... Over fourty pens on the 'next pen' list. I don't want to be a hoarder! Somebody stop me!

(But no, you're going to show me more.)

Funny that you mention that. The Divina is actually the last on my "want" list. I'm sure it will get populated with additional pens at some point, though.

The Divina is a beautiful pen - bought one for my gf in that pink/white colour and she uses it regularly... the blue is absolutely stunning and very high on my list of pens I dream about. Not that there is anything wrong with the black - it was in consideration the last time before I went with the peau d'ange version - it just looks a touch dull.

As a side note, you can have your initials on the top of the cap instead of the Visconti logo with the "my pen" accesory.

The Divina is a beautiful pen - bought one for my gf in that pink/white colour and she uses it regularly... the blue is absolutely stunning and very high on my list of pens I dream about. Not that there is anything wrong with the black - it was in consideration the last time before I went with the peau d'ange version - it just looks a touch dull.

As a side note, you can have your initials on the top of the cap instead of the Visconti logo with the "my pen" accesory.

I also think the blue is stunning. But I intend to use it very frequently, and this means taking it to all sorts of meetings - not sure if the blue is not just too flashy. What do you think?

I don't own the Divina, but Dan Smith (The Nibsmith) showed a photograph of an upcoming Divina in the Wall Street celluloid. It was the green celluloid, and I don't know if they'll also offer it in the red and blue colors, but if you like the Wall Street celluloid, you may want to wait for this. I don't know the release date.

I can't stop buying pens and it scares me.

I also think the blue is stunning. But I intend to use it very frequently, and this means taking it to all sorts of meetings - not sure if the blue is not just too flashy. What do you think?

I bought the blue maxi and love it but it is definitely flashy. I'm not really into showing off so I don't use the pen as often as I should, mainly when I'm at my desk.

After seeing the blue, I couldn't go any other way it is beautiful!!!!! I got mine in the maxi size, what a pleasure to view and to use!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I shudder to think at the dull sensory deprivation some of you must work in if you think the blue is flashy. :yikes: :wacko:

It's not flashy in a bad way but there is no mistaking the fact that it is an expensive pen (in the context of non-FPN people), but the black would draw similar responses anyway. My gf works in a hospital and takes hers to meetings... The bottom line is that there are always people who will choke at spending even $50 on a pen; the key is to ignore them and write with what makes you happy. All the best!