Hi... I Have Some Fountain Pens

AFewGoodPens

Hello everyone!

I found this site through a google search because I have some fountain pens, and I wanted to learn the value because I'm looking to sell. I just got out of a 5 month relationship will a real pen lover. Unfortunately, I was never able to match his zeal for the pens. I think they're beautiful, but I'm a messy writer and I don't like the idea of having ink stained hands. I'm also clumsy and can only imagine the kind of luck I'd have carrying around glass bottles of ink.

My dear ex purchased four different pens for me during our time together...despite the very obvious sign that I never opened or used the previous pen. To add further insult to the blatant disregard for my actual gift preferences, I have very small hands and he kept gifting me with GIANT pens!

I realized that he must have only wanted to do something nice for me because I do love to write, so I called and asked him if he would like them back...he very impolitely described some colorful things that I could do with the pens instead.

I'd prefer to find a home for them with another pen lover.

Hopefully, I'll figure out how to use this forum and you'll see them listed in the classifieds soon. They're all 100% brand new and unused, so I'd like to try to get something close to the values I've seen online.

And I might just use some of the money to buy a pack of erasable Bic pens out of spite.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AFewGoodPens

• PAKMAN

• Mastiff

• Sasha Royale

Hello,

You may want to consider one of these three options:

• this forum has a classifieds section and educated buyers
  • www.newpentrace.net
  • ebay (ebay will be a great place for you to determine value)

What kind of pens are you selling? Do you have photos?

Edited by Propman

"You want to be a writer, don't know how or when? Find a quiet place, use a humble pen." ---Paul Simon

Hello,

You may want to consider one of these three options:

• this forum has a classifieds section and educated buyers
  • www.newpentrace.net
  • ebay (ebay will be a great place for you to determine value)

What kind of pens are you selling? Do you have photos?

Hi. Thanks for the info!

I can definitely take some photos.

I have three 800 sized Pelikan fountain pens (one is orange, one is clear, and one is called the Grand Place that's mostly brown with some blue swirls). From what I've seen online they're about $800, but I'm hoping to post them for about $650 once I take some pictures.

The last one is a Waterman Edison Blue Sapphire. I've seen that one listed as high as $1100. I'm thinking of listing it for much lower even though its new because there's probably little incentive to buy it here instead of at a store if its the same price. I'll probably list that for $750.

If you have any feedback about the pricing, I'm very open to suggestions :)

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Even if the pens are brand new you should likely expect them to sell at perhaps 50% of current MSRP.

Oh ! I have some fountain pens, too. Whatcha got ?

Edited by Sasha Royale

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Hello and welcome from Baton Rouge, Louisiana...Enjoy your time here

Hi all, thanks for the welcome.

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Even if the pens are brand new you should likely expect them to sell at perhaps 50% of current MSRP.

Thanks for letting me know. I expected I won't get quite what they're selling for in stores.

Oh ! I have some fountain pens, too. Whatcha got ?

I have Waterman and Pelikan pens. I can't quite figure out how to list them in the classifieds, but I'm hoping to get them listed soon. Maybe I have to wait a while to make a listing because I'm still a newbie?

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

To sell in classifieds you have to have 30 posts and 30 days membership in the forum.

Again welcome!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Welcome.

Whilst I understand the circumstances around the pens, have a look around and maybe try using them.

If your mind is concrete set on selling, you will be losing a lot in value but I'd recommend not selling them for peanuts and don't be tempted when you get inconsdierate offers as they are nice and desirable pens (see the Pelikan forum).

Be reasonable in your expectation as you are unlikely to get any more here compared to selling on the bay. From my experience buying and selling here (FPN) works around trust. People won't pay much more, but if they have the choice, they would rather buy from a fellow member rather than someone random on the net.

Good luck!

Welcome.

Whilst I understand the circumstances around the pens, have a look around and maybe try using them.

If your mind is concrete set on selling, you will be losing a lot in value but I'd recommend not selling them for peanuts and don't be tempted when you get inconsdierate offers as they are nice and desirable pens (see the Pelikan forum).

Be reasonable in your expectation as you are unlikely to get any more here compared to selling on the bay. From my experience buying and selling here (FPN) works around trust. People won't pay much more, but if they have the choice, they would rather buy from a fellow member rather than someone random on the net.

Good luck!

Hi, thanks for all the information!

My biggest issue with the pens is that they are all large and I have fairly small hands. I've seen some attractive pens since I joined here that might work better for me. I even noticed some Pelikans in smaller sizes.

Welcome to FPN. You've got a tough story, but you'll find many fans of quality pens like your 800s and Waterman. Good luck.

Buzz