Pelikan Souverän M1000 Review

sannidh

Always amazed at the number of expensive new pens available on ebay for sale by individuals. Presumably most of us bought these pens ourselves given the price and know what we like. Where do all these pens come from?! :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sannidh

• Lam1

• perfaddict

• MarkSimenhoff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Feel that one advantage of the current nib (pf) over a slightly older (perhaps by Bock) is the EF runs a tad finer & less wet than the other EFs ( ex an older m6XX EF) and thus there absence of extreme feathering with wet inks, on cheap copy paper.

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag127/soniknitr/IMG_4354_zpsrtyuekrj.jpg

Edited by soniknitr

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

• 1 year later...

Always amazed at the number of expensive new pens available on ebay for sale by individuals. Presumably most of us bought these pens ourselves given the price and know what we like. Where do all these pens come from?! :)

perhaps a lot of pens are bought on impulse...... How human....

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the excellent review. My M1000 fine has provided much enjoyment and M1000 broad and double and triple broad are on my wishlist.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the excellent review. My M1000 fine has provided much enjoyment and M1000 broad and double and triple broad are on my wishlist.

Thank you minddance :)

I have an M400 and an M1005 Demo. The M400 is too small, the M1005 is perfect. The nibs couldn't be more different. The M400 nib writes great, but is very stiff and offers zero line variation. The M1005 F nib on the other hand feels like it glides over the paper, and offers fantastic line variation without being flex. Could this be the combination of softer 18k gold and the huge size of the nib?

In short: I like the M400 but it will have to go, I absolutely LOVE the M1005.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an M400 and an M1005 Demo. The M400 is too small, the M1005 is perfect. The nibs couldn't be more different. The M400 nib writes great, but is very stiff and offers zero line variation. The M1005 F nib on the other hand feels like it glides over the paper, and offers fantastic line variation without being flex. Could this be the combination of softer 18k gold and the huge size of the nib?

In short: I like the M400 but it will have to go, I absolutely LOVE the M1005.

M1005 is an adorable addition, couldnt agree less :)

To answer your question this is quoted by pelikan as per linked webpage:

"The high-quality nibs from Pelikan allow a fluent handwriting for both casual and experienced writers. The larger a nib, the more room is there for the material to move, therefore a nib in the size M800 or M1000 will automatically provide a good flexibility."

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't green patterned barrel with black cap and gold finishes just the best fountain pen design there is?

Sadly, those things are way over my budget, but if I ever was to spend couple hundred dollars on a fountain pen it will definitely have green stripes and a beak for a clip.

Not that I mind other colors. Pelikan Souveran's are just stunningly beautiful pens in my opinion. Though if I had to choose, green would be my first one.

ÃÂ

M1005 is an adorable addition, couldnt agree less :)

To answer your question this isÃÂ quoted by pelikan as per linked webpage:ÃÂ

"The high-quality nibs from Pelikan allow a fluent handwriting for both casual and experienced writers. The larger a nib, the more room is there for the material to move, therefore a nib in the size M800 or M1000 will automatically provide a good flexibility."

Dear Pelikan, M800 has no flexibility whatsoever. And the nibs are so malleable that they get sprung easily if one tries to flex.

M1000 yes, some softness to it, but not meant to be flexed.

I enjoy both.

Edited by minddance

• 4 years later...

Excellent handwriting. A great addition to the post.  :thumbup:

M1000 is my favorite and better than M800 IMO.

The nib is not a flex but has a little 'give'.

Sadly, it seems M1000 is still a niche else there would be more variants like the M800 lineup.  :(

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

On 10/10/2017 at 4:52 PM, minddance said:

Did you ever get the nibs?

10 hours ago, 1nkulus said:

Excellent handwriting. A great addition to the post.  :thumbup:

M1000 is my favorite and better than M800 IMO.

The nib is not a flex but has a little 'give'.

Sadly, it seems M1000 is still a niche else there would be more variants like the M800 lineup.  :(

The M1000 is amazing. I love mine, even though it only has a medium nib.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

15 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

The M1000 is amazing. I love mine, even though it only has a medium nib.

I am glad you enjoy it, shame about the lack of variants.

Hopefully, I can procure another with a 'B' nib and get it tweaked.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two M1000s, one with a m and another with a f ,they are terrific writers

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time