Group Buy - Ambitious Nibs - Round 2 - Year 2016

mehandiratta

My nibs arrived yesterday, and 4 of them have been installed in pens. I love the flexy nibs! Thank you, and thank you as well for the 2 extra "surprise" nibs :-).

Cool...can we have pics :)

"Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of Love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.”
- Osho

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• gopool

• IrishEyes

• L.Velvet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My nibs arrived. I have one off-centre slit on one of the #6 flex nibs. Fortunately the cut does start at the tip, so the nib is still usable as a normal #6 nib. However, as the cut curves, resulting in significantly uneven tines, I expect it won't be any good for flexing.

The rest of the nibs are perfectly fine. I appreciate the extra couple of nibs you included, particularly the one that seems to very flexible.

Thanks again for organising this mehandiratta. Indian nibs are not very common around here, and its fantastic that we have people like you to facilitate.

I received the well packaged nib consignment today.

Jinhao_159_fountain_pen_with_Ambitious_3

I mounted a 35 mm Ambitious chrome plated nib in a Chinese Jinhao 159 pen. The Ambitious nib is a serious upgrade compared to the Jinhao OEM nib.

Thank you Mr. Mehandiratta for your effort.

I received mine today too. Installed a 40mm ambitious in a Ranga sold and a #6 flex nib in a model 5. Really pleased with these two swaps. Thanks Mehandiratta.

My nibs arrived. I have one off-centre slit on one of the #6 flex nibs. Fortunately the cut does start at the tip, so the nib is still usable as a normal #6 nib. However, as the cut curves, resulting in significantly uneven tines, I expect it won't be any good for flexing.

The rest of the nibs are perfectly fine. I appreciate the extra couple of nibs you included, particularly the one that seems to very flexible.

Thanks again for organising this mehandiratta. Indian nibs are not very common around here, and its fantastic that we have people like you to facilitate.

oh... i will send you extra nib next time... sooner

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Got my nibs today also, will experiment this weekend. Thanks Mehandiratta.

Ve sent you ink samples ... in a separate mail...

vaibhav mehandiratta

I received the well packaged nib consignment today.

Jinhao_159_fountain_pen_with_Ambitious_3

I mounted a 35 mm Ambitious chrome plated nib in a Chinese Jinhao 159 pen. The Ambitious nib is a serious upgrade compared to the Jinhao OEM nib.

Thank you Mr. Mehandiratta for your effort.

Oh ... I never tried that... will do that... I was looking for finer nib for Jinhao...

There u go...

Thank you

I received mine today too. Installed a 40mm ambitious in a Ranga sold and a #6 flex nib in a model 5. Really pleased with these two swaps. Thanks Mehandiratta.

Amazing... Do share pics...

My nibs arrived yesterday, thank you very much Vaibhav :)

My pleasure....

vaibhav mehandiratta

Ve sent you ink samples ... in a separate mail...

Oh...wow. I look forward to receiving the samples.

Here's a pic of my two successful swaps. First attempt at using a flex nib and my everyday handwriting is illegible. Still the the flex nib is very fun to play with and surprisingly smooth.

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b517/mb33ch/IMAG1493_1_zpsywilnqcb.jpg

And here is a close up of the nibs with a Jowo 6 fine inbetween.

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b517/mb33ch/IMAG1494_1_zpshperiunu.jpg

It was so easy to swap the nibs on these Indian eyedropper I think anyone could do it. Definitely recommended.

Edited by Leeuwenhoek

post-122181-0-69792600-1465417922_thumb.jpg

Thank you Mehandiratta, I got my nibs in today's mail. The #6 Ambitious nib looks so much better than the smaller stock nib it replaced in one of my Wality pens. I did trim about 1/8" from the end of the nib and heat set the feed for a perfect fit. It is a lovely smooth writer. Thanks for showing off your Wality with an Ambitious nib which inspired this change.

Mick in Vermont

Still no PM

...it is impossible to overlook the extent to which civilization is built up upon a renunciation of instinct....

― Sigmund Freud

Hello,

I recieved the nibs :) Many thanks

We are two for this order (me and a friend from the french forum living in my town ), and I thought we would recieve two japanese flex nibs that we could share but we only got 1

He was nice enough to let me the Japanese nib and I could not refuse, but I can feel his disapointement and it makes me sad :( Is there anyway that I could buy an extra japanese flex nib for him ?

Hello,

I recieved the nibs :) Many thanks

We are two for this order (me and a friend from the french forum living in my town ), and I thought we would recieve two japanese flex nibs that we could share but we only got 1

He was nice enough to let me the Japanese nib and I could not refuse, but I can feel his disapointement and it makes me sad :( Is there anyway that I could buy an extra japanese flex nib for him ?

will send u one ... next time...

vaibhav mehandiratta

Thank you for this group buy! I got my nibs, installed 3 and love them, 2 are flex and pretty damn nice. Great deal and everything. thanks so much for working with us

Life isn't always what you make it. Sometimes it just falls in your lap and you have to deal with it.

Thank you for this group buy! I got my nibs, installed 3 and love them, 2 are flex and pretty damn nice. Great deal and everything. thanks so much for working with us

Thank you

vaibhav mehandiratta

Hi,

I received my 12 nibs. The #6 nibs are all smooth and juicy on an ASA athlete (my test pen). The #5 flex nibs were dry. But, they were smooth. One of the #5 nibs came with tip damage. Planning to grind it to a stub.

msg-84345-0-37305300-1466439536.jpg

Thanks Vaibhav for arranging the group buy and handling the packing and shipping.

thanks,

Dinuraj

Hi,

I received my 12 nibs. The #6 nibs are all smooth and juicy on an ASA athlete (my test pen). The #5 flex nibs were dry. But, they were smooth. One of the #5 nibs came with tip damage. Planning to grind it to a stub.

msg-84345-0-37305300-1466439536.jpg

Thanks Vaibhav for arranging the group buy and handling the packing and shipping.

thanks,

Dinuraj

Thank you again..

vaibhav mehandiratta

Last Thursday I received my nibs. I have installed two of them (flex) in two Jinhaos and they work like a charm:

post-128880-0-01184900-1466894780_thumb.jpg

Thank you Vaibhav for arranging this group buy!