Aurora Optima 365 Abissi Warning

jhsd1124013561

Hi FPN,

I know a lot of you folks are fans of Aurora and are very excited about the new 365 Optima Abissi this year. Since this year is a leap year, Aurora made 366 pieces.

According to nibs.com, the color is described as:

"The Aurora Optima 365 Abissi Limited Edition fountain pen is made from green marble Auroloide and flecked with flakes of blue. Deep black on the section and flat cap ends provides luxurious design, while gold trim highlights the warmth of this quality writing instrument. This is a pen that must truly be seen in person to appreciate the complexity of the subtle color shifts."

nibs.com link: http://www.nibs.com/aurora-optima-365-abissi-limited-edition.htm

25752725451_8c97ffabd6_z.jpg

And from http://luxuryadvisor.online/2016/02/tribute-to-a-classical-time-aurora-optima-365-abissi/ they are beautiful! The 000 number is shown as below.

And also in reddit, it is claimed that the last photo was shot without camera shy:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fountainpens/comments/402wq5/not_camera_shy_at_all_the_aurora_optima_365/

25752726351_09fc37fa9c_h.jpg

25547134720_7075a1b590_h.jpg

When I first saw the picture, I was simply stunned and decided to go for one. So I purchased one from novelli.it and I have to say, Novelli is very pleasant to deal with, they put the order and packed very securely and shipped very fast.

However, I am very disappoint by the Aurora changed their color. As you can see, the 000 is rich blue-green color with green base and blue strip. However, mine is blue and green strip with grey color base. I am very very disappointed that Aurora made a color change when they put the pen into production. Please check the picture of the actual pen below and see the differences! I compared this pen to one of my old style Optima and you can see how bad the pen actually looks.

Again, I am very pleased with Novelli's service and I will contact them to figure the next step. But for further potential buyers of this pen. Be aware of this!

25221246783_dddf70e9f0_k.jpg

25726897602_32e6fa69dd_k.jpg25726895592_e3d4b5b3b9_k.jpg

Edited by jhsd1124013561

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jhsd1124013561

• whichwatch

• Kactus

• banjomike

That is very unfortunate. I find what you received to be very unattractive, as well.

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

Haoran,

as specified by email Aurora at first launched the pen with this color

http://www.novelli.it/images/pendescriptions/Aurora/Optima%20365%20Abissi/bigimages/Aurora-Optima-365-Abissi-01.jpg

but on February 29th they informed me they changed the color and I promptly updated my web site. I informed all the customers who placed the pre-order and some of them confirmed and some others didn't. You complete your order after I updated my web site, when the picture was already updated and I didn't think to inform you about it. Anyhow I understand the confusion and, obviously, I will send you a full refund or give you a credit after receiving your pen back to me.
Sorry for the trouble.
Marco

Novelli.it

visit us at Novelli.it

Kudos to Novelli for the extra mile in client service! I have bought from them in the bast and they've always been really nice; great to see that this is confirmed in this thread too :)

But hey, that acrylic is really terrible! What were they thinking at Aurora? :D

I agree, that new acrylic looks more like somebody's been playing with an 80s digital paintbox. That 000 pen is probably going to end up being worth a fortune if the rest are as ugly as the one you got JHSD.

Nice to see some good customer service from Novelli though :)

Haoran,

as specified by email Aurora at first launched the pen with this color

http://www.novelli.it/images/pendescriptions/Aurora/Optima%20365%20Abissi/bigimages/Aurora-Optima-365-Abissi-01.jpg

but on February 29th they informed me they changed the color and I promptly updated my web site. I informed all the customers who placed the pre-order and some of them confirmed and some others didn't. You complete your order after I updated my web site, when the picture was already updated and I didn't think to inform you about it. Anyhow I understand the confusion and, obviously, I will send you a full refund or give you a credit after receiving your pen back to me.

Sorry for the trouble.

Marco

Novelli.it

Dear Macro,

Thank you so much for the quick reply and explanation, now I understand that Aurora did make a color change. Sorry that I don't know that and made the purchase, I am so sorry for the inconveniences.
As you can see from my post, I specifically addressed that I am very pleased with your service. I am just disappointed by Aurora, and their decision to make the color change. I really wanted to like it but I just can't :(
Again, thank you so much for your understanding, I will follow your return instruction to get a refund. Thumb up for your excellent customer service :) I really look forward to buying from you again.
Thanks again and sorry for the inconveniences.
Best regards,

Oh no! I just sent payment for mine yesterday morning, and it is due to be delivered Tuesday. Wish I had seen this post before that!

If it turns out to be as ugly as your picture, I know the seller will accept the return, as his website has the same original picture which apparently came from Aurora. Still, that will be an inconvenience but more importantly a major disappointment.

Enthusiasm diminished. Anticipation now changed to trepidation.

Kudos to Novelli for the extra mile in client service! I have bought from them in the bast and they've always been really nice; great to see that this is confirmed in this thread too :)

But hey, that acrylic is really terrible! What were they thinking at Aurora? :D

Novelli has excellent customer service and I am very pleased with them :)

I am just very disappointed by Aurora and their decision to make the color change. That looks truly distasteful.

I agree, that new acrylic looks more like somebody's been playing with an 80s digital paintbox. That 000 pen is probably going to end up being worth a fortune if the rest are as ugly as the one you got JHSD.

Nice to see some good customer service from Novelli though :)

I agree, the 000 looks truly amazing :) Novelli has good customer service, thumb up

Oh no! I just sent payment for mine yesterday morning, and it is due to be delivered Tuesday. Wish I had seen this post before that!

If it turns out to be as ugly as your picture, I know the seller will accept the return, as his website has the same original picture which apparently came from Aurora. Still, that will be an inconvenience but more importantly a major disappointment.

Enthusiasm diminished. Anticipation now changed to trepidation.

I am afraid it probably would be the same as mine, my friend :(

However, if it is not looks like the one that I have and looks like the 000 above, you are lucky :P

Best regards and good luck :D

What a shame - the first one looks stunning, why on earth have they changed it?

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

I was going to order mine next week, so I am glad I've come across this thread. This new acrylic is ugly. I cannot believe that Aurora would make such a blunder. Wow.

Pen companies do not have the luxury to screw up, especially on such an important LE that people have been looking forward to for weeks now.

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

This thread was pointed out to me by a good customer of ours...

All the of the pens we have in stock look just like the picture on our site and like the original Prototype pen.

https://chatterleyluxuries.com/product/aurora-optima-365-abissi-bluegreen-limited-edition-auroloide-piston-filled-fountain-pen/

This is a very strange thing. I dont know why they would change it for some but not others. I confirmed with the US distributor and all the pens that arrived State-side looks like the ones I have on our site. Sorry you got one that differs than what you expected, but at least you know Novelli will take care of you. Marco is stand up!

Chatterley Luxuries and Pentime

Web: Chatterleyluxuries.com

Email: Info@chatterleyluxuries.com

Follow us on...

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

All i can see from this thread is an amazing customer service...

even though i have never purchased from him...

However after following the post ... I am really happy to see brilliant customer service...

Kudos to NOVELLI

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

This thread was pointed out to me by a good customer of ours...

All the of the pens we have in stock look just like the picture on our site and like the original Prototype pen.

https://chatterleyluxuries.com/product/aurora-optima-365-abissi-bluegreen-limited-edition-auroloide-piston-filled-fountain-pen/

This is a very strange thing. I dont know why they would change it for some but not others. I confirmed with the US distributor and all the pens that arrived State-side looks like the ones I have on our site. Sorry you got one that differs than what you expected, but at least you know Novelli will take care of you. Marco is stand up!

Thanks for the additional comments, Bry. I can go back to sleeping comfortably! :-)

Guess I'll be able to confirm this for readers when mine arrives Tuesday. I'll try to post some pictures when it does.

For anyone not familiar with them, Marco and Bryant are two of the best in the world. You can't go wrong with either!

Yep, this edition of the release is a bit of a let down. Would love to hear from some of the other recipients.

I have noticed that the amount of light present also effects how it looks.

If you are interested, check out my review. :)

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/305836-aurora-optima-abissi/

I have attached some pics to compare against the other Optima's.

post-112820-0-24528900-1458376100_thumb.jpg

post-112820-0-14170600-1458376126_thumb.jpg

post-112820-0-64272700-1458376142_thumb.jpg

post-112820-0-29428200-1458376159_thumb.jpg

post-112820-0-92334400-1458376184_thumb.jpg