• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caestus75

• Tom Kellie

• Raif79

• Honeybadgers

What a beautiful pen! Great choice

Thank you very much I am working on some writing samples with different inks. I just picked up some Thome River paper and I like how it writes. Though being left handed is a slight problem for me.

I cannot edit my posts.... or perhaps I do not know how to. (I could have sworn I was able to edit other posts).

Here are some writing samples from my Mont Blanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Blue Hour LeGrand Fountain Pen with an 18k Gold Medium Nib:

I am using The Seven Seas Writer in an A5 size with Tome River Lined Paper. Additionally I've taken pictures in different light settings to show how the inks might look under different conditions.

Here is my Diamine Havasu Turqouise Overall I really like the color and it does a great job with shading in this nib on this paper. I notice that any ink takes a lot longer drying on this paper but there is absolutely ZERO feathering or bleed through. Being an left handed over writer poses some challenges and I've had to adjust the way I write on this paper. But I think it truly provides a great sample of how the pen writes, and how the ink truly looks and reacts

post-128731-0-28917500-1458618901_thumb.jpg

post-128731-0-61456600-1458619165_thumb.jpg

Low light color variation for the Diamine ink:

post-128731-0-88210500-1458619690_thumb.jpg

Here you will see I cleaned out the pen and transitioned to Mont Blanc Blue Hour ink. You can see the color differences below.

post-128731-0-95164700-1458619554_thumb.jpg

Lower Light to see the color transition

post-128731-0-20444500-1458619608_thumb.jpg

I liked the flow of the Mont Blanc Blue Hour ink quite a bit on this paper, but ultimately I think it dried a bit slower. Oddly, the ink on other paper is much drier i've found.

post-128731-0-99805200-1458619738_thumb.jpg

Being left handed I really smeared the ink a lot :( Makes me a sad panda.

post-128731-0-14128500-1458619815_thumb.jpg

Different light setting for the Blue Hour Twilight ink:

post-128731-0-65854700-1458619952_thumb.jpg

Now I enjoyed writing with Mont Blanc Permanant Blue the most. Though it took the longest to dry.

post-128731-0-68167400-1458620019_thumb.jpg

Different light setting:

post-128731-0-69864300-1458620107_thumb.jpg

The Nib does flex, but it does not provide much line variation (It may be because I am not writing in cursive) Though the flex does provide some decent shading.

I hope this gives an idea of how this pen writes. Edit: I also had to write completely under hand with these writing samples on this paper... so hopefully my hand writing isn't too bad. /end Edit.

Regards,

Edited by Caestus75

• 2 years later...

~ What an excellent review of the Montblanc Meisterstück Solitaire Blue Hour.

The images of the pen itself, and the later handwriting samples all add to the review's considerable value.

I've recommended this pen to others, but never knew that this review existed.

I'm especially interested to see Montblanc Permanent Blue in one of the handwriting samples.

The story of the acquisition is appealing.

An enjoyable read from start to finish.

Tom K.

• 3 weeks later...

Careful with the permanent blue. It can gunk up the feed if not flushed meticulously.

Great review, glad that you have got on so well with the pen.

This is a beautiful pen. For me, it was love at first sight. I went into a Montblanc boutique to look at the 149 but ended up with this pen.

This is a beautiful pen. For me, it was love at first sight. I went into a Montblanc boutique to look at the 149 but ended up with this pen.

~ chenht:

That's interesting to know...and understandable.

It's a striking pen with immediate visual impact.

I hope that it will write very well for you in the years to come.

Tom K.

A stunningly beatiful pen and a captivating review. Thank you.

Congrats. Enjoy writing with the beauty.

Khan M. Ilyas

Very pretty pen. I've avoided going into a MB store to look at them in person to avoid making an impulsive decision. This will be a reward pen, I just need to figure out the right accomplishment.

For me, a MB will be my present for graduating medical school.

first I need to get into medical school.

:D

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

For me, a MB will be my present for graduating medical school.

first I need to get into medical school.

:D

~ Honeybadgers:

Superb advance planning.

It's step-by-step all the way, no?

Best of luck with the MCAT and the admissions interview.

Tom K.

~ Honeybadgers:

Superb advance planning.

It's step-by-step all the way, no?

Best of luck with the MCAT and the admissions interview.

Tom K.

I'm a paramedic, working full time and almost done with my biochemistry undergrad. I've been a medic for almost 10 years and a foster parent to my autistic little brother in law since his mother died.

I think I can pity-talk my way into any med school on earth :lol:

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Sounds like you’ll need a used MB to aid in note taking *enabler mode*

I'm a paramedic, working full time and almost done with my biochemistry undergrad. I've been a medic for almost 10 years and a foster parent to my autistic little brother in law since his mother died.

I think I can pity-talk my way into any med school on earth :lol:

~ Honeybadgers:

Sounds like you're set.

Do paramedics have better handwriting than physicians?

You'll be in the ideal position to know.

Tom K.

~ Ghost Plane:

A nice Montblanc B nib being the note-taking pen of choice.

Or so we we feel is indicated, therefore prescribe.

Tom K.

The visconti HS gets the job done. It only cost an entire year's bonus :rolleyes:

Definitely an excellent alternate. I tend to mix & match Visconti & MB myself.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Beautiful pen and congratulations on your success.

60 plus years from now when you're either dead or living in a nursing home, your family will get someone to sell the pen on eBay. The winning bid will be complaining of the initials and how to remove....LOL!! Just kidding...

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"