Soon To Be Released New Pilot Pen

Tinjapan

Wow mchenart, beautiful. Thanks for posting those gems.

I hope to own a Yukari Royale someday, though the cost puts me off a bit. I think I'll start with a Pilot Custom 845 and see if I like it. I also want a Platinum Izumo.

Pilotiophiles: what size nib dos the Yukari Royale employ?

Tinjapan - no problem; I enjoyed your post and appreciate your insight as someone "on the ground" at ground zero for a pen, paper and ink aficionado like me: Japan. My son is crazy about Pokemon and I'm hoping to visit there before he outgrows the craze; Japan is ground zero too for his Pokmon stuff

(and Nintndo HQ too).

Sorry for answering so late. No problems, didn't take it personally. Japan has many things to offer but be prepared for sticker shock, though this does seem to be less than before as other currencies inflate.

Let us if/when you make the trip.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tinjapan

• Maurizio

• Lam1

• mongrelnomad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, but is it confirmed that this new pen is a converter filling mechanism pen?

Sorry not confirmation but I believe it will be c/c filled as are all (again I believe) all regular Pilot pens currently issued.

Wow

Wow. Well that's underwhelming.

Yukari Royale it is then...

Hmm, at first though you were crazy based upon the price. But the Yukari Royale black is offered by at least one online shop for "just" 50% more. Myself, I much prefer flat tops so the new pen suits my tastes better.

I was pretty sold on the "larger urushi Custom 845" idea, but at the 80,000 yen range I'll pass. If Pilot ever reintroduces a high-end pen like this with silver trim and not a ball-clip, I'm in.

Sorry not confirmation but I believe it will be c/c filled as are all (again I believe) all regular Pilot pens currently issued.

Thanks for your reply Tinjapan.

I wonder if Tokyo Pen Shop Quill will get a Vermilion or specialty nib offering.

I was thinking the same... That would spell trouble for my wallet :D .

I asked Tokyo Pen Quill. They said that they have been in negotiations with Pilot with regards to a Vermilion version of the Custom Urushi since January, but the ebonite factory is currently swamped with orders from Pilot and Nakaya. So their special version will have to wait until the ebonite supply situation eases.

I asked Tokyo Pen Quill. They said that they have been in negotiations with Pilot with regards to a Vermilion version of the Custom Urushi since January, but the ebonite factory is currently swamped with orders from Pilot and Nakaya. So their special version will have to wait until the ebonite supply situation eases.

Oh, this is fantastic news!! I wait (im)patiently for their Vermillion version.

Thank you for letting us know.

It will be worth the wait, if their vermilion Custom 845 is any indication.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been researching a Pilot 845 for months now. And I was ready to pull the trigger until seeing that the official Pilot website in Japan has this model listed.

So now I'm going to wait for this new model --especially because this whole time I've been deliberating the Pilot 845 purchase, I've held off because I kind of wanted a pen a little bit larger, and I like larger nibs.

Looks like my wish has been granted! Of course I'll have to save up a few more yen from the sounds of it... :-)

http://www.pilot.co.jp/products/pen/fountain/fountain/custom_urushi/

• 1 month later...

I inquired to a vendor who I buy Japanese market pens from and he says Pilot immediately sold their initial batch to dealers and that the next batch should hit around January 2017.

That's disappointing to me, but made my wallet quite happy.

• 2 months later...

Any news on the availability of this new pen and what it's official designation is?

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

Any news on the availability of this new pen and what it's official designation is?

It is currently on sale at pen stores in Tokyo. It think it is called "Urushi". Pricey but oh so nice.

It is currently on sale at pen stores in Tokyo. It think it is called "Urushi". Pricey but oh so nice.

I was actually checking on one recently and yes it is called the Urushi and comes with a #30 nib but everywhere I checked showed it as out of stock with no idea if it would become available.

My Website

So it's called the Pilot Urushi?

And us the price roughly 80,000. yen?

Thanks for the update.

Edited by Maurizio

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

Well, we would call it the "Pilot Urushi" but Pilot would call it simply "Urushi". I think that with tax the actual price tops ¥90,000, but I could be wrong.