Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Have You Seen The New Ink Miser Inkwells?

Margana

Luxury Brands Ink Miser Inkwell videos.

The Intra-Bottle Inkwell is good for getting that last drop of Noodler's from bottle to pen. That is assuming you ever empty one of those 3 ounce bottles which is something I have yet to do.

Besides the uses shown in the videos, soaking a pen just up to the nib would be a really good use for the Ink-Shot. I might just need a row of these to clean pens after paper tests.

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Margana

• dcwaites

• Randal6393

• TheGreatRoe

How much are they? Can I buy them by the gross?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar

Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I saw the link shared on FB, but was unable to find any information other than a couple of images and a brief description.

The video you linked to suggests visiting luxurybrands.com, but that domain appears to be for sale.

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

How much are they? Can I buy them by the gross?

MSRP for Intra-Bottle Inkwell is $5 and $6 for Ink-Shot.

Buying by the gross, indeed!

A certified Inkophile

I saw the link shared on FB, but was unable to find any information other than a couple of images and a brief description.

The video you linked to suggests visiting luxurybrands.com, but that domain appears to be for sale.

The URL is http://luxurybrandsusa.com/ though there is nothing on the site about the new products yet. They were only announced Saturday, so you might want to nudge your favorite retailer to place an order with the distributor.

A certified Inkophile

MSRP for Intra-Bottle Inkwell is $5 and $6 for Ink-Shot.

Buying by the gross, indeed!

Yikes. Half the cost of a bottle of Noodler's for a little plastic insert?

The URL is http://luxurybrandsusa.com/ though there is nothing on the site about the new products yet. They were only announced Saturday, so you might want to nudge your favorite retailer to place an order with the distributor.

Wow, that website hasn't been updated in 20 months, and the YouTube channel looks like it's 3 days old. Sounds like they could use a little social marketing help.

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

Wow, that website hasn't been updated in 20 months, and the YouTube channel looks like it's 3 days old. Sounds like they could use a little social marketing help.

Yeah, but assuming the device saves you 4 ml of ink, you'll make your money back after only 11 bottles! :-)

That plastic insert can be reused and since it is made from polypropylene should last a very long time. That makes it a small investment if you have bottles it would fit.

Luxury Brands is on Twitter, Instagram and FB.

A certified Inkophile

Well, Margana,

Until the Luxury Brands Ink Miser Inkwell gets off the ground, we have the Erka Inkwell available from Goldspot Pens for about $ 15 for three, so around $ 5 each. I have six and find them most useful. They are listed under Rohrer und Klingner inks. Fit the R & K bottles, Aurora bottles, and others too numerous to mention.

The thread on the Erka is amusing and goes on to quite a length. Recommend looking it up when you have a few minutes.

Really enjoyed the comment that the Ink Miser is the only inkwell insert that "exactly fits" the Noodler's three-ounce bottle. The Erka is a bit smaller and does have some wiggle room. If you aren't careful, it may come out with the cap when you open the bottle.

Enjoy,

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

That makes it a small investment if you have bottles it would fit.

I'll agree to disagree. I'm fine with dumping the last 5ml into a vial for free.

Hi Amber, you may contact us at john@luxurybrandsusa.com to open an account or we could run the business through one of our dealers.

But what about the rest of us? Or can you qualify Amber as a reseller?

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

I'll agree to disagree. I'm fine with dumping the last 5ml into a vial for free.

+1

But also if I have another bottle of the nearly empty one, I just transfer what's left to the new one.

But what about the rest of us? Or can you qualify Amber as a reseller?

I think Amber wants a gross of them for her minimalist collection of Noodler's...

I would only need about a dozen.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

The stand-alone inkwell (the Inkshot) would be more useful if made of transparent plastic, to enable the user to see the color of the ink and the depth of the nib in the ink more clearly. Sure, it could stain, but it should be easily washable. A wider or weighted base would improve stability against tipping also.

Looked at the video last night. It seems to be a free-standing unit. I was expecting some sort of actual insert, or else something like the Visconti traveling inkwell (for less than Visconti prices).

For $5, I can transfer ink into a sample vial, and stabilize it with a copper pipe connector that has a hex nut end. Oh wait -- I already do.... And eyedroppers are pretty cheap at drugstores (for larger bottles, I'll use the longer size eyedroppers that came with the exclusive Noodler's inks from last fall's Commonwealth Pen Show.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

She also gives the incorrect url in the video

I don't understand why she uses a full bottle if she want to demonstrate the utility to get the last drop of ink.

I'm just so impressed that in all the various youtube videos, filling the same pen with black ink (presumably Noodler's Black) the lady has spotless hands.

She'll never be able to contribute to "What color are your fingers today?"

Talk about trying to kill of one of our more entertaining and long-running threads*...

*To which I have, myself, contributed on the odd occasion.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching