Maruzen Fountain Pen Fair Day One

katanankes

Hi Lee, I am deeply sorry, I tried, but I was unable to hold a conversation with Ohashido...

Thanks katanankes,

I really appreciate you trying already. I come to the conclusion that if they have a pen fair around where I will be, I will make every effort to go. If I don't find them at Osaka or any pen fair while I am there, I will just live with it.

Thanks for the report anyways, I really wish I can visit during this time of the year. Maybe someday.

Lee

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tinjapan

• katanankes

• Algester

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Katanankes Thank you for your excellent posts, makes me wish I could return to Japan soon. Great haul of pens too :)

Thanks katanankes,

I really appreciate you trying already. I come to the conclusion that if they have a pen fair around where I will be, I will make every effort to go. If I don't find them at Osaka or any pen fair while I am there, I will just live with it.

Thanks for the report anyways, I really wish I can visit during this time of the year. Maybe someday.

Lee

Lee,

I'm going to Mitsukoshi's pen fair tomorrow and Ohashido will be there. I will try to remember to ask him if he has any free time.

To help me remember, please post again what you would like asked.

Lee,

I'm going to Mitsukoshi's pen fair tomorrow and Ohashido will be there. I will try to remember to ask him if he has any free time.

Thanks Tinjapan,

If you can ask whether Ohashido has a permanent stall at Hankyu Umeda department store 10th floor in Osaka or any other place so that I can visit and finally buy some Ohashido pens in person. Otherwise if he has any pen fair planned in late June to early July.

I really appreciate the effort but like I said, if I don't get to see it, I will live. After all, I will be in Japan and visit all those pen shops as others have mentioned in their reports.

Thanks again for your effort and reports.

Lee

Lee,

Tinjapan, of course we all waiting for your report on the Mitsukoshi fair! (maybe in a new thread!)

In progress in my notes app. Will finish after bathing the little and putting them to bed.

Lee,

I was able to ask Ohashido. They told me that the only permanent store that they have is in Sendai. They do often have booths set up at events such as this pen show and others. They can also be found at non pen specific events. I bought mine at a Japanese craftsmanship exposition at a department store outside Tokyo. They were the only pen related people there.

Sorry.

T

Lee,

I was able to ask Ohashido. They told me that the only permanent store that they have is in Sendai. They do often have booths set up at events such as this pen show and others. They can also be found at non pen specific events. I bought mine at a Japanese craftsmanship exposition at a department store outside Tokyo. They were the only pen related people there.

Sorry.

T

No Sorry needed Tinjapan,

I am already grateful for your help. As I said before, I will live. I am still very excited with all the pen stores in Tokyo that my family and I will be visiting. I will keep an eye out for their FB post on upcoming events and hopefully we will cross paths during my trip.

I will read your post on Mitsukoshi's pen fair now. Great read so far. Thanks for your help again.

Lee

Here is a comparison of this year's LE Maruzen ink ( in the center ) with others that are somewhat similar. The multiple samples of two of the inks look very different in person from these different pens

.post-92404-0-09159100-1457882576_thumb.jpeg

It's too bad that I missed your post. I also was having a trouble with language barrier, both in Maruzen and Mistukoshi.

For the sailor ink mix event, I lined up since 8:30 a.m. and there were already 10 people ahead of me.