• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sanyalsoumitra

• mehandiratta

• rohit1974

• roycalligraphy

How does Waterman Expert write?

Mature balanced feel,in one word excellent. I have asked Pens Point to send me one more vintage Waterman Expert pen. All pens are generally good condition.

I also purchased approx 10K worth of vintage pens from Pens Point a few months ago. I bought:

Parker 45 flighter

Parker 21

A bunch of sheaffer imperials in superb condition

Rare Parker Duofold junior!

Some old Indian Parker 51 clones - Wilsons

Parker 45 (He has a lot of them:))

I found him on OLX. Shipping was fast and customer service was excellent! He has a huge collection and is very responsive to queries. There's a whatsapp group he created recently and it gets lots of msgs everyday...

In summary, look him on google and ask for his collection of Sheaffer's, Parkers, and Pelikan's.

P.S: He mentioned that Vaibhav is one of his customers, and that was good enough for me to do business with him. He spoke of Vaibhav as the "Bheeshma Pita Maha" of the Indian fountain pen collectors club and also that he was somehow related to him (not 100% sure if this is true);-)

Parker Insignia 14K Gold Nib USA Vintage pen

Price : $ 65, RS 4436

Vendor : fajarseller, ebay

Buy format : ebay buy-it-now

Condition : Excellent

Nib : Open 14k Gold flex medium Nib

Any Defect : Nib had a kink at the tip, took me a hour only part restored. Scared about tinkering on gold nib so left as it is.

Remarks : Very well maintained adorable little pen, a bit costly by my budget.

Photos :

fpn_1456952758__img_0034.jpg

fpn_1456952783__img_0035.jpg

fpn_1456952817__img_0036.jpg

fpn_1456952853__img_0037.jpg

This pen appears to be a Sonnet with an Insignia cap. The nib is Sonnet 18K, and appears genuine. The section and barrel are Sonnet, and the barrel appears to be the Laque Autumn Red, but it might be a dark Firedance finish.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

I also purchased approx 10K worth of vintage pens from Pens Point a few months ago. I bought:

Parker 45 flighter

Parker 21

A bunch of sheaffer imperials in superb condition

Rare Parker Duofold junior!

Some old Indian Parker 51 clones - Wilsons

Parker 45 (He has a lot of them:))

I found him on OLX. Shipping was fast and customer service was excellent! He has a huge collection and is very responsive to queries. There's a whatsapp group he created recently and it gets lots of msgs everyday...

In summary, look him on google and ask for his collection of Sheaffer's, Parkers, and Pelikan's.

P.S: He mentioned that Vaibhav is one of his customers, and that was good enough for me to do business with him. He spoke of Vaibhav as the "Bheeshma Pita Maha" of the Indian fountain pen collectors club and also that he was somehow related to him (not 100% sure if this is true);-)

Woaaah...

Bhishma pita maha... no no man... there are lot of people who are in to fountain pen and know much more about me ... I am just a novice....

Ravi at Pens point is friend ... and trusted seller of mine.. I have bought lot of pens from him...

PS: He now stocks Wality also

Edited by mehandiratta

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

I built up my collection of Cross pens from Vintage pens on Ebay.com, they always come securely packaged (a nice plastic pen holder that stops them getting bashed) and delivered in less than a week (normally).

So far on the Cross front 3 Townsend, 2 Century II, 1 Century. All lovely writers and never more than $25.00 paid for each, in fact all have been under $20 except 1 of the Townsends when I got carried away.

I have picked up a few other pens from him but I am carrying the Cross pens just now.

This pen appears to be a Sonnet with an Insignia cap. The nib is Sonnet 18K, and appears genuine. The section and barrel are Sonnet, and the barrel appears to be the Laque Autumn Red, but it might be a dark Firedance finish.

+1

Khan M. Ilyas

• 3 years later...

Mr. Soumitra, really admire your collection, I really need help finding pens in Kolkata, I have been to the pen hospital many times but I really want to but old and discarded pens or spare parts from him, like I saw you did in one of your posts here. I'd like to do some restoring on a very tight budget. However, I don't know what to say to him or how to get it. Please help?

Also, can you tell me about other vendors in kolkata?

Pelican Vintage pen [ need to find out the model no]

Price : Rs 2800

Vendor : Pens point Delhi

Buy format : Fixed price, Bank Transfer

Condition :Well preserved old pen

Nib : Gold tone , steel medium Nib

Any Defect :Piston filler, piston is very tight to unscrew but easy to screw back

Remarks : Job at hand, or I might send it back for fixing.But I like this model.

Photos :

fpn_1456949225__img_0016.jpg

fpn_1456949524__img_0017.jpg

fpn_1456949564__img_0018.jpg

fpn_1456949564__img_0018.jpg

fpn_1456949627__img_0020.jpg

it looks like a pelikan M10 or M20 silvexa

Edited by SpecTP

Pelican Vintage pen [ need to find out the model no]

Price : Rs 2800

Vendor : Pens point Delhi

Buy format : Fixed price, Bank Transfer

Condition :Well preserved old pen

Nib : Gold tone , steel medium Nib

Any Defect :Piston filler, piston is very tight to unscrew but easy to screw back

Remarks : Job at hand, or I might send it back for fixing.But I like this model.

Photos :

fpn_1456949225__img_0016.jpg

fpn_1456949524__img_0017.jpg

M10 Silvexa because the M20/30 come with a 14K nib IIRC.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• 6 months later...

Need these Ebay seller links, can anyone provide?

I already search with advance option but did not find anything.

1. vintage-pens

2. fajarseller

SURAJ :)