Buying Various Vintage Pens In India-Three Vendors I Have Dealt With Recently

sanyalsoumitra

Hi all. I like to share some recent experiences. Vintage pens somehow captivate my imagination. But the vintage pens sold in ebay are generally the very high end pens, much beyond the budget I kept- rather those premium special editions range. I was looking for a softer alternative where I too can buy a few.

This vacation , I have spent a lot of time and some nice pens came by at moderate costs. Trying to source locally at my hometown city of Kolkata was not so encouraging- of the three known vendors , two confirmed they do not get much supply anymore and there is a third with whom I am not introduced. So I was looking online.

The overseas vendors in ebay mostly sell the expensive $100+ range. I did like some pens ex-USA but was looking for free shipping options. Generally free shipping options are not offered by US/Canada/Europe vendors except on very expensive pens.

Looking for free shipping options I eventually came across two India based sellers in ebay.com.

These are 1. vintage-pens and 2. fajarseller.

Pens from both these seller are moderate priced. They arrived in nice packaging. Condition of the pens are moderate to good with minor occasional defects. The selection varies from time to time- some times I have come across some pretty rare pens as well.

The flip side is that most of their pens are sold in the "auction " mode- so you might come to know the final price only when the auction is over. Plus you might not always get to buy the pen you liked as someone else is luckier than you many a times. Moreover the time of auction is past mid-night. The condition of many of these pens however are nearly as is and never came across any NOS variety of any pen.

That said I have been able to get hold of some really likable pens in good conditions from these two sources.

Then , I have come across another vendor m/s penspoint. Unfortunately this vendor does not have an ebay presence. Instead his clientile are served through a facebook page of same name ie penspoint. With all sell in buy it now format it was much easy for me to plan the purchase. For any communication the owner is always available on whatsapp.

The above advantages apart, what nearly got me hooked to this vendor is the condition of the pens. Most of his pens are NOS or extremely well preserved old pens and all pens come complete with converters. Apparently he is rather selective about his suppliers. The other advantage of this seller from Delhi is that he sells mainly new pens while vintages are a side business. The owner Mr. Ravi has also been very supportive to source new pens and vintage pens alike. He seems to have a nice stock of vintage and new pens. I am particularly happy about the price of his pens. Also In my knowledge this is one pen shop where you have a lot of Italian pens - though with my present budget I am not yet into collecting such expensive pens.

All three above vendors have offered an eclectic selection and at reasonable price and free shipping. Sharing this info with members who might find it helpful. In fact I read the post of a satisfied buyer in facebook yesterday about a CrossTownsend pen bought from one of them and later got inspired to share my experience here.

I would eventually upload photos of all the 50 or so vintage pens I have bought from these vendors.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sanyalsoumitra

• mehandiratta

• rohit1974

• roycalligraphy

Good info...

Thank you.. Wait for your pics

Thanks Vaibhav. I will send pots now with the set of pens I have received today.

Waterman Expert Vintage pen

Price : Rs 3000

Vendor : Pens point Delhi

Buy format : Fixed price, Bank Transfer

Condition : Immaculate

Nib : Two tone , steel medium Nib

Any Defect : None.

Remarks : Did not want to buy a new one for Rs 5200/-

Photos :

fpn_1456947580__img_0003.jpg

fpn_1456947616__img_0004.jpg

fpn_1456947643__img_0005.jpg

fpn_1456947669__img_0006.jpg

[/url]

fpn_1456947703__img_0007.jpg

Edited by sanyalsoumitra

Waterman Expert Vintage pen

Price : Rs 3000
Remarks : Did not want to buy a new one for Rs 5200/-

Photos :

Cross Solo- cartridge fill type.

Price : Rs 1300
Condition : Immaculate [almost]
Nib : Single gold tone , steel fine Nib
Any Defect :Minor body marks, nib will need a little tuning,barrel end finial trim ring fallen off.
Remarks : Fitted a converter from my stock. Excellent buy for the money.

Photos :

fpn_1456947809__img_0008.jpg

fpn_1456948178__img_0009.jpg

fpn_1456948203__img_0010.jpg

fpn_1456948229__img_0011.jpg

fpn_1456948254__img_0012.jpg

Sheafer Imperial all plastic Blue and Chrome Vintage pen

Price : Rs 1600
Condition : Near Immaculate
Nib : Inlaid ,steel , Fine point Nib
Any Defect : Minor spot damage to cap band plating.
Remarks : Always wanted a full blue and a maroon over my all steel ones.

Photos :

fpn_1456948344__img_0013.jpg

fpn_1456949143__img_0014.jpg

fpn_1456949171__img_0015.jpg

Pelican Vintage pen [ need to find out the model no]

Price : Rs 2800
Condition :Well preserved old pen
Nib : Gold tone , steel medium Nib
Any Defect :Piston filler, piston is very tight to unscrew but easy to screw back
Remarks : Job at hand, or I might send it back for fixing.But I like this model.

Photos :

fpn_1456949225__img_0016.jpg

fpn_1456949524__img_0017.jpg

fpn_1456949564__img_0018.jpg

fpn_1456949564__img_0018.jpg

fpn_1456949627__img_0020.jpg

Sheafer No-nonsense Vintage pen [NOS]

Price :Free Gift
Buy format : N/A
Nib : Chrome , steel medium Nib
Remarks : I would fit a Sheafer converter, already ordered.

Photos :

fpn_1456949726__img_0021.jpg

fpn_1456949726__img_0021.jpg

fpn_1456949962__img_0023.jpg

Sheafer Javeline Vintage pen Japan

Price : Rs 1500
Condition : Well preserved.
Any Defect : The blue patina has lost the lusture , minute patina damage at places
Remarks : I like the rubber grip much more than the slippery grip modern chrome sections.

Photos :

fpn_1456950068__img_0024.jpg

fpn_1456950440__img_0025.jpg

fpn_1456950479__img_0026.jpg

Parker 45 Flighter Steel Nib USA Vintage pen

Price : $ 14.5, RS 989
Vendor : fajarseller, ebay
Buy format : ebay auction
Nib : Hooded steel medium Nib
Remarks : One more Parker 45 very well maintained.

Photos :

fpn_1456950657__img_0027.jpg

fpn_1456950895__img_0028.jpg

fpn_1456950933__img_0029.jpg

Parker 51 14K Nib USA Vintage pen

Price : Rs 3800
Vendor :Pens point Delhi
Buy format : Fixed price, bank transfer
Condition : Very well preserved
Nib : Hooded 14K fine Nib
Any Defect :Nib had one sided wear from last user. Took me an hour to grind and shape it up. One dent mark on cap.
Remarks : One more Parker 51 for me, very well maintained.

Photos :

fpn_1456951051__img_0030.jpg

fpn_1456951684__img_0031.jpg

fpn_1456951726__img_0032.jpg

fpn_1456951753__img_0033.jpg

Parker Insignia 14K Gold Nib USA Vintage pen

Price : $ 65, RS 4436
Vendor : fajarseller, ebay
Buy format : ebay buy-it-now
Condition : Excellent
Nib : Open 14k Gold flex medium Nib
Any Defect : Nib had a kink at the tip, took me a hour only part restored. Scared about tinkering on gold nib so left as it is.
Remarks : Very well maintained adorable little pen, a bit costly by my budget.

Photos :

fpn_1456952758__img_0034.jpg

fpn_1456952783__img_0035.jpg

fpn_1456952817__img_0036.jpg

fpn_1456952853__img_0037.jpg

These are the pens received today. I will detail later about the other vintage pens received in last two weeks. thank you for viewing. Hope the information is useful to fellow members. warm regards.

Is the shipping included with the price he seeks? If not then how much he charges for the shipping . I am thinking of ordering a pilot.

Is the shipping included with the price he seeks? If not then how much he charges for the shipping . I am thinking of ordering a pilot.

Presume you mean pens point. He charges as per size of the package. pls contact him o 9711427616 or 9730942676 on whatsapp

I have received four more today will post details a few hours later.