2016 Montblanc Writers Edition - William Shakespeare

skibunny

I guess now i have to post a review!

I buy pens to commemorate events. The Twain was because i finally got 50/50 custody over my daughter.

Shakespeare will be a work event, i'm betting it occurs BEFORE the release of the pen.

Anyhow, commemorative pens is the lie i tell myself to hold back from overspending.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• Pen Nut

• Pravda

• salesguy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess now i have to post a review!

I buy pens to commemorate events. The Twain was because i finally got 50/50 custody over my daughter.

Shakespeare will be a work event, i'm betting it occurs BEFORE the release of the pen.

Anyhow, commemorative pens is the lie i tell myself to hold back from overspending.

That's brilliant! The commemorating events bit :)

My problem is I tend to celebrate Tuesdays.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

In fact, I consider Montblanc action an epic fail, as WE clients use those pictures to spread the word and RECOMMEND (YES, MONTBLANC, WE'RE THE CHEAPEST CAMPAIGN FOR YOUR PRODUCTS) their pens.

I've bought many pens and inks only because I've read or see pictures, official or personal. In this forum.

Have you ever thought that maybe the photographer himself holds the copyright or in Germany "Urheberrecht" and not Montblanc? And if you use a photographer's picture without permission you have a problem if he wants you to have a problem. A big one.

Believe me, I am a photographer :-)

Support your local post office - write letters!

Have you ever thought that maybe the photographer himself holds the copyright or in Germany "Urheberrecht" and not Montblanc? And if you use a photographer's picture without permission you have a problem if he wants you to have a problem. A big one.

Believe me, I am a photographer :-)

Sure! But those pictures are used for commercial purposes, they're not in an art gallery, we don't even know the author. And I've never seen anybody in the forum claiming those pictures were theirs.

I keep on thinking that it's free publicity for them when we speculate, and show pictures, and get excited about new products. And this is even more important in such a relatively small world like fp collectors.

Sure! But those pictures are used for commercial purposes, they're not in an art gallery, we don't even know the author. And I've never seen anybody in the forum claiming those pictures were theirs.

I keep on thinking that it's free publicity for them when we speculate, and show pictures, and get excited about new products. And this is even more important in such a relatively small world like fp collectors.

It's not the point if those pictures are used for commercial purposes or if someone claims they are theirs. It is simply not allowed. And it can get nasty.

But I agree with your second sentence.

Support your local post office - write letters!

It's not the point if those pictures are used for commercial purposes or if someone claims they are theirs. It is simply not allowed. And it can get nasty.

But I agree with your second sentence.

I see your point.

I guess speculation should be ok but sharing leaked images could lead to plagiarism. That seems like what MB is most worried about. After all their pens are some of the most plagiarized pens in the world. Though it helps build up the excitement and provides free publicity, the cost of loosing intellectual property is far more catastrophic in the long run and could damage a company's reputation.

WARNING: This post contains humbuggery.

If the good souls of Montblanc want to control what is seen on this website, why don't you tell them to buy an ad? Seems to work at Car & Driver.

It is also odd the level of censorship on this forum. Look at other fora, regardless of hobby or focus. Nobody follows behind tsk tsking at the commenters for acting upon their own views instead of the manufacturers'.

What a wasted opportunity for a pen. After setting eyes on the rollerball link, they can keep this under wraps for another 400 years. He wrote "Hamlet" with a goose feather. Seeing what MB has made of this heritage makes me shudder. A Parkinson's Disease tremor-inspired signature to boot? What other indignities shall they shower upon him? How about a woodcut of him with food falling from his mouth on the certificate of ownership?

MB has been making a mess of their limited editions fairly frequently. All too often, they slap on a name and put overwrought touches on them. JFK and boats? Pavoratti and a scarf? Frequently, I wonder if the Montblanc designers are just creating a new iteration of their most prolific line, the Liberace Model.

I say this as a real fan of Bill, FPN, and Montblanc.

Edited by Michigan

WARNING: This post contains humbuggery.

If the good souls of Montblanc want to control what is seen on this website, why don't you tell them to buy an ad? Seems to work at Car & Driver.

It is also odd the level of censorship on this forum. Look at other fora, regardless of hobby or focus. Nobody follows behind tsk tsking at the commenters for acting upon their own views instead of the manufacturers'.

What a wasted opportunity for a pen. After setting eyes on the rollerball link, they can keep this under wraps for another 400 years. He wrote "Hamlet" with a goose feather. Seeing what MB has made of this heritage makes me shudder. A Parkinson's Disease tremor-inspired signature to boot? What other indignities shall they shower upon him? How about a woodcut of him with food falling from his mouth on the certificate of ownership?

MB has been making a mess of their limited editions fairly frequently. All too often, they slap on a name and put overwrought touches on them. JFK and boats? Pavoratti and a scarf? Frequently, I wonder if the Montblanc designers are just creating a new iteration of their most prolific line, the Liberace Model.

I say this as a real fan of Bill, FPN, and Montblanc.

I will print your comment and buy a frame for it! I just cracked up.

• 1 month later...