2016 Montblanc Writers Edition - William Shakespeare

skibunny

I found out from my friendly pen dealer that the 2016 Writers Edition will be William Shakespeare. I believe this is to commemorate 400 years since the death of the writer.

This would be an interesting pen to have...

Edited by skibunny

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• Pen Nut

• Pravda

• salesguy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I am not the police here, but we have been politely asked not to post such pictures or information about pens that have not been released by MB.

See this thread: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/304113-new-montblanc-pens-for-2016-still-under-embargo/

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Tick Tock Tick Tock ................................. :)

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Round and round the garden like a teddy bear :lol:

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Very much like F.Scott Fitzgerald if you ask me. The LE version mmmmm not really sure, often find that pictures can be give off the wrong impression so wont comment on that one just yet.

So I am not the police here, but we have been politely asked not to post such pictures or information about pens that have not been released by MB.

See this thread: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/304113-new-montblanc-pens-for-2016-still-under-embargo/

Thank you for sharing the rules... I will just take out the pictures.

But that's a catalog for customers to check products so isn't it safe at this stage? It's released documentation

Yes, I'd think that this is correct? Once it's out, it's out.

But that's a catalog for customers to check products so isn't it safe at this stage? It's released documentation

That raises a copyright issue. The image belongs to MB.

That raises a copyright issue. The image belongs to MB.

If they didn't print it with explanations and marketing lines for people to talk about, why then? This catalog was made for our eyes

I am in no way defending MB over this (anything but actually) but that maybe a point of sale catalogue for behind the counter use only with some form of 'open after' date on it ?

I have stated this before but in my past I have seen two other companies operate like MB, one was / is Rolex and the other was Rolls-Royce in the 1980 period. Some very peculiar marketing methods & restrictions do go on behind closed doors, cross that 'party line' and you are doomed !

Its a pen, thats what it is. Not military hardware or police covert equipment. I know......... I know that others view things differently but its a pen !!

Lets all keep friendly..............as they said going over the top in the last edition of Black Adder Goes Forth " Good luck everyone "

If they didn't print it with explanations and marketing lines for people to talk about, why then? This catalog was made for our eyes

I saw the catalog last week in the boutique. I had to ask and it was pulled out from a locked cabinet behind the counter. It was clearly not top secret stuff, but it was not laying all about for anyone to see. It looks like an internal book for the staff to me vs a sales aid. It listed all the pens, papers, and other related ephemera.

I was happy to see it, but I did not take any pictures of their copy written materials.

I would love to discuss these pens in more detail and I think it builds the interest and anticipation. I was just passing along the decision from one of our moderators and being respectful of the process they have chosen to follow.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

This is so big. It's bigger than BigFoot. When this, what ever this is, finally comes to light it's gonna shock the world. I have it on very good authority that WIM and Mister Blanc recently held secret meetings at Area 51. No one is supposed to know this but WIM just bought a GulfStream 5, so that he can secretly fly back and forth from the Netherlands to Quantico Virginia. This whole thing gets even stranger. WIM and Nathan Tardiff were recently seen hamming it up with Dallas Mavericks, Basketball team owner, Mark Cuban. What I am doing is very dangerous. WIM can not find out that I am giving out this info. I have a Mole planted on the inside. Donate 20 bucks to the forum and you too, will get this insider info. Your donation will not actually go to the forum. It will be funneled into a special account, set up by the Rebel members. This just came in on the Wire. WIM introduced Nathan Tardiff to Mark Cuban. It seems that mister Tardiff is supplying mister Cuban with the ink that's used to print on the Basketballs. It stands to reason that this Mister Blanc would be upset with WIM For not turning him onto the business. I'm sorry but I have to end this transmission.

Some regards

Allan

Dear Mr. 4X4:

The operational information you've touched on is to be shared only with those authorized to operate within the Globe Theatre of operational operations.

Thank you,

The Department of Redundancy Department

Consumer Titillation Division

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

Dear Mr. 4X4:

The operational information you've touched on is to be shared only with those authorized to operate within the Globe Theatre of operational operations.

Thank you,

The Department of Redundancy Department

Consumer Titillation Division

I know, I know. But the guy over the titillation division was out sick and this info had to be brought to our members. After I ended my last transmission I found out that WIM is hiding even more from us. No one knows what he had for breakfast. Why won't he tell us? We have a right to know

Ok, ok, I have to admit here that I had a proper home made caffe latte for breakfast this morning, while the GulfStream get its annual oil change, and the airstrip at the back of our house is cleared of any debris .... <ROFL>

On a slightly more serious note: Montblanc actually did ask us in a very friendly email to please hide the discussions on the pens to be announced April 5.

Please note that MB-stores are under an embargo as well, and there also is the copyright issue. The images posted from Montblanc folders are indeed copyrighted, so can't be published anywhere without express permission from Montblanc, they can actually take legal action to enforce this, and would be completely in their right to do so.

Our relationship with Montblanc is such, however, that they actually apologize for the inconvenience, but would like the material to be removed from view. Considering they could request this in a completely different manner, and which they do with others, is in my view very positive.

For the first time in our history, we have a meeting with Montblanc rather than just a few email exchanges, and will discuss the way forward, next month (March) - it is brought forward from April, which is just great.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever