Noodler's (Swedish) Stockholm Indigo

white_lotus

Well, I feel a little bad about posting a review of an ink that is most likely unobtanium. A sample was sent to me early last year, and I've only now gotten to actually trying the ink. It was apparently a Noodler's custom ink for perhaps a Swedish Pen Club. I don't remember the exact circumstances surrounding this ink. I don't know if it was a one-off, or something that is restocked. Perhaps there is someone in Sweden or Stockholm who could clarify matters.

A vintage style blue kind of like a royal blue. This ink for some reason seemed dry to me, which usually isn't the case with Noodler's. The ink dries almost instantly, and is totally waterproof. I forgot to do a chromatography before I emptied the pen.

The pic for the Mohawk via Linen is very accurate to my eyes comparing on screen and on paper.

fpn_1456419739__img_4134.jpg

Here the ink looks brighter and darker, almost like PPS, which this ink definitely is not.

fpn_1456419793__img_4133.jpg

fpn_1456419841__img_4130.jpg

fpn_1456419864__img_4136.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• white_lotus

• AndyYNWA

• lapis

• inkstainedruth

Nice review, well written. I like the label but that's all. Even the shot of the bottles makes me think of neon lights.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Too its not available anymore. That looks like a nice color....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Yes it is similar, but definitely lighter. It's not really brighter, though the pictures probably give that impression.

Yes it is similar, but definitely lighter. It's not really brighter, though the pictures probably give that impression.

Thanks for your kind clarification.

I dunno. My batch of Henry Hudson Blue is softer and less vibrant -- and a bit greyer (although not as grey as Blue Upon the Plains of Abraham), at least as what Stockholm Indigo is looking like on my screen.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I dunno. My batch of Henry Hudson Blue is softer and less vibrant -- and a bit greyer (although not as grey as Blue Upon the Plains of Abraham), at least as what Stockholm Indigo is looking like on my screen.

Yes Ruth, my HHB is just as you say. My pictures are putting too much saturation into the image. I took a pic of HHB and NSV together and thought, oh that's a good comparison. But once I loaded the image on the Mac, I couldn't get it color corrected to actually look like the inks. It was always too saturated, too bright. My first picture is closest in showing the softness, but it's still probably too saturated.

Noodler's seems to make the best inks when they make small and exclusive runs. Lovely ink thanks for sharing.

"Do you know the legend about cicadas? They say they are the souls of poets who cannot keep quiet because, when they were alive, they never wrote the poems they wanted to."

• 1 month later...

One of my friend is in Stockholm and went to look for this ink, this was his message after he came back:

"Update on Noodlers Stockholm ink. The store's name is NK, and they had the exclusive ink make by noodlers.

This was more than ten years ago, the last of the bottles, years after they were made, had ink sift in them.

The ink was made in limited quantities, so when it sifted, it was taken off the shelves and there was no more of it to sell.

So this ink is now gone."