• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AndyYNWA

• gordyt

• erpe

• avoiceinthedistance

I really like R&K inks. I got a 3-pack from the previous Massdrop (just a month or so back).

Get another one... ;)

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

These Massdrop offerings never seem to work for me. Including shipping, each bottle is almost twice the retail price. Is it an American thing?

These Massdrop offerings never seem to work for me. Including shipping, each bottle is almost twice the retail price. Is it an American thing?

Not all drops are good deals outside of the US, but I have joined a couples of drops and saved about 20% on those (incl shipping to Sweden).

YNWA - JFT97

Just to give you a point of comparison, the Massdrop I did in January where I got three bottles of R&K ink came to a total cost (including shipping) of $24.18. I just checked on Goulet and the same exact purchase (including shipping) would be $44.80.

I think that erpe means that these inks are cheaper in Europe at their normal price, than this drop.

Three bottles from my domestic retailer is about $21,80 including shipping at normal price.

YNWA - JFT97

I think that erpe means that these inks are cheaper in Europe at their normal price, than this drop.

Three bottles from my domestic retailer is about $21,80 including shipping at normal price.

That makes sense, especially with German inks.

Indeed. I pay € 4.75 ($5,25) per bottle and that is in a B&M store, might be even cheaper in a webstore somewhere. I just checked Goulet, regular price there is twice that. So, I think some of the massdrops are interesting for the American market, not so much for Europe. To be honest, I didn't check many other items. I don't need watches and pocket knives ;-)

FWIW, I've had good luck buying R&K inks from Seitz-Kreutznach in Germany, 5.58 USD per 50 ml (not sure if that was a sale price or their regular price, I think regular). I wound up ordering enough to get over the $25 threshold for free shipping to US. Seemed like a good deal.

Edited by avoiceinthedistance

I just ordered 5 from seitz since I couldn't get the colors I wanted from mass and the ship date was way too far out. Saw there was one comment about getting broken bottles, so here's hoping I'm luckier or Seitz packs better.

I tried to make an order at Seitz-Kreuznach but the order form only has European countries, even though the shipping information does say they ship to US, Canada, Australia, Japan (with free shipping for orders of 25 euros). Anyone know how to get the worldwide shipping form?

I tried to make an order at Seitz-Kreuznach but the order form only has European countries, even though the shipping information does say they ship to US, Canada, Australia, Japan (with free shipping for orders of 25 euros). Anyone know how to get the worldwide shipping form?

I do not believe it is possible. I tried to place an order from THIS link & despite having PREVIOUSLY ordered from Seitz-Global (I am registered there & even able to "log in" to my account) was unable to select a shipping address that included US as a shipping option. I had recently purchased four inks from the other Seitz sites (selling on Ebay) & in linked emails confirming my orders attempted to inquire how I could purchase a bottle of the Pelikan Dark Green ink from THIS site offering same.

I received an email from Mr. Seitz informing me I was only allowed to purchase from the Seitz sites that provide US shipping. Despite spending $51.42 to purchase four bottles of ink from the Seitz Ebay sites (& purchasing 3 bottles of Seitz ink, "Colors of Nature" from there previously) I was "not allowed to purchase from this site as a US resident." In other words, NO Pelikan Dark Green ink for me!

I have appreciated the opportunity to purchase the products available from the Seitz sites offered on Ebay & Amazon (my first Kaweco Sport was purchased here several years ago) but have to accept the reality that I am unable to utilise the "German" site despite having previously done so. It seems strange to offer different products on the three Seitz sites but it is certainly their right to manage their business in whatever way they choose.

I can suggest if you want to order any of the Rohrer & Klingner inks you might want to consider La Couronne du Comte where I recently ordered a couple of bottles @ $4.28 each. The shipping charge for US delivery is $12.50 which for my order of six bottles of inks seems very reasonable. Their communication, packaging & shipping have always been "top of the line."

Not one for Europe, my normal seller has them a hell of a lot cheaper.

Decent enough deal for the US, I love R&K inks, now if this was for their Document inks then it would be a different matter.