Sailor To Reissue Old Jentle Inks In March 2016

SNAK

Sailor's own Investor Report released today had these blurbs about future goals

"万年筆インクの新開発を進め、万年筆を使う楽しさを増大させます。"

Advance the development of new fountain pen inks to greately enhance the experience of using the fountain pen.

"万年筆、万年筆インクを海外市場へ積極的に売り込んでいきます。"

Aggressively market fountain pen and fountain ink to overseas markets.

Sounds promising! :)

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mew

• Cyber6

• lgsoltek

• white_lotus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does this mean that the present Four Seasons won't be discontinued? I'd be very happy, as I don't have enough funds now to stock up with as many bottles as I would like to.

Edit: lost one word.

Edited by Old_Inkyhand

Old_Inkyhand, I don't think anyone is really certain on this yet. There are reports from Sailor reps at DCSS that they'll be added to the existing lineup, and certainly when Sailor added these in Japan, they did not discontinue any inks. So there's hope they'll be adding to the lineup.

And the comments from the Sailor investor report are also encouraging, but of course, "overseas markets" could be investor-speak for China. :)

I will probably buy Kin-Mokusei and Rikyu-Cha. Chu-shu is also tempting. Waka-uguisu seems to be too light for me.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Old_Inkyhand

Also the fact the re-released 4 seasons ink are directly listed as part of the current 4 seasons ink series on Sailor's own product page is an indication to me that these are not considered limited releases. They now list the 4 seasons ink series as consisting of 16 inks.

http://www.sailor.co.jp/lineup/fountainpen-others/13-1005

That said, I'm stil going to stock up on Rikucha and Chu-Shu whenever I can.

Edited by zchen

This is what the photo for the Seasons-line looks like on Sailor's Japanese website :

http://www.sailor.co.jp/images/bungu/13-1005/color-sample.jpg

At least it seems promising...

However, in the recently added colours, there are only two or three that I would buy. But I know others that like these type of hues.

Anyway, I think it's positive that they are expanding their standard lineup.

Edited by AndyYNWA

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

I will definitely stock up on my standard 7 back up bottle of Rikyu-cha and Irori, but I'd also like to snag some Yuki-akari and Sakura-mori. :D I still have 7 of Kin-mokusei from 2010, so I suppose I'm fine on that front! :P

7 back up bottles? Of orange ink? Wow. :yikes: I haven't got 7 bottles of any ink.

I've been investigating whether Kin-mokusei is the same as Apricot, and I found this previous thread that confirms it is.

So if you have 7 back up bottles of K-m and 7 back up bottles of Apricot, you will need to love the colour a lot. :o As I have a bottle of Apricot, I might not bother with K-m now. I also found it very easy to make a copy from a sample of KWZ Orange and Diamine Sunshine Yellow. I turned a sample of Orange into a vial full of a very good Apricot match.

Oooooooooooooo ... that sounds like an interesting mix!!! Care to share some pictures??? And maybe a recipe? :D

I don't have 7 back up bottles of both K-M AND Apricot - I have one bottle of Apricot, and 7 back up bottles of K-M. I do think the two are veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery similar, but I feel as though K-M is just a stitch brighter and lighter than Apricot, and I like it better. But it is so hard to tell even when staring closely that it's really not necessary to chase Kin-mokusei if you have enough Apricot to make you happy.

And yeah, I really REALLY like orange ink. :D K-M is my grail in this colour and I use it all the time.

post-17276-0-04894600-1470934055_thumb.jpg

I will definitely stock up on my standard 7 back up bottle of Rikyu-cha and Irori, but I'd also like to snag some Yuki-akari and Sakura-mori. :D I still have 7 of Kin-mokusei from 2010, so I suppose I'm fine on that front! :P

Already have

9x Irori

7x Rikyu-cha :)

Should be lifetime supply for me. I also bought a bottle each of Kin-Mokusei, chu-shu and Fuji-Musume. Regret the last one. :|

Edit: I think 7 bottles of rikyu-cha that I have is an overkill. I already have 7 cigar and 3 Kjellmaniella.

Edited by Mew

I want Epinard and Kin-mokusei. Sky High would be good too!

Perhaps one day they'll bring back the line that included Epinard and Sky High, but no word yet.

Oooooooooooooo ... that sounds like an interesting mix!!! Care to share some pictures??? And maybe a recipe? :D

I don't have 7 back up bottles of both K-M AND Apricot - I have one bottle of Apricot, and 7 back up bottles of K-M. I do think the two are veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery similar, but I feel as though K-M is just a stitch brighter and lighter than Apricot, and I like it better. But it is so hard to tell even when staring closely that it's really not necessary to chase Kin-mokusei if you have enough Apricot to make you happy.

And yeah, I really REALLY like orange ink. :D K-M is my grail in this colour and I use it all the time.

I have one of each and kind of think of them as backups of each other. :)

See, I only have 3 Cigar and 2 Kjellmaniella, and I prefer Rikyu-cha, so I don't think 7 bottles is overkill. :P

Yep, makes sense. Aggregate is kinda same. :)

Why do you prefer Rikyu-cha to Cigar?

Really hope the current line is kept, as I think the "reissue" inks (save for one color) are awful. :c/ However, it should appease those that felt the current rotation was too dark.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed this blurb on Sailor Shop's page on the 4 seasons ink with 16 colors listed

http://sailorshop.jp/SHOP/13-1005.html

※ 当商品は限定品ではありません、今後も随時入荷いたします ※

This product is not limited edition, it will continue to be restocked in the future

However, they are still limiting to 2 bottles per customer....

Edited by zchen