Sailor To Reissue Old Jentle Inks In March 2016

SNAK

*UPDATE*

Not to worry everyone - I sat down with the Sailor USA rep this weekend at the '16 DC Pen Show -- these are all being rereleased and should be out in stores in October.

(YAY!)

They didn't mention anything about discontinuing the current 4-Seasons line, did they? I might need a few more bottles of Yama-Dori if that's the case

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mew

• Cyber6

• lgsoltek

• AndyYNWA

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No kidding? That's some great news!

And, indeed, I just picked up Kin-mokusei on Ye Bay for $36 (including shipping), after losing two auctions for bottles that went for well over $40. I was wondering why the second $36 bottle wasn't being snapped up, and I wonder if it's because news started spreading that there was going to be a restock.

And many thanks to EoC and Chrissy for the mention of Engeika -- I'd never been to the site. I feel like a wee bit of a doofus for paying $36 for a bottle of ink I could have gotten for half that, but still, 'tis good to have a new source to check in the future. And, I'd been seriously considering picking up that second $36 bottle, so it likely saved me some money in the short term, too. :D

I welcome you as a member of the Doofus Club; I was also happy to purchase a bottle of Rikyu-Cha from the same seller, after following the recent auctions of these inks! BUT I had NOT succumbed to Kin-Mokusei because I had Apricot & Iro Days, Honey. HOWEVER, @ the Engeika price I didn't have a bit of problem adding another orange in to my cupboard.

As far as the US market being flooded with these inks when October rolls around I will adapt a "wait & see" attitude, having enjoyed these inks for a few months. "October Release" could mean a lot of things & there are 31 days in that month..........in the meantime I received notice that my $36.80 bottle of ink arrived in Chicago on 5 August, spent it's R&R with Customs & left Chicago yesterday. Perhaps it's because I added the additional $3.00 for speedier shipment, (just "dues" for being a member of the Doofus Club) BUT if I ordered on Aug 4 & it found it's way to Chicago the NEXT day, I am pretty happy with my $3.00 spent to expedite postage.

If spending $40.00 to receive an ink from Japan that is not currently sold in the US makes me a Doofus, please "color me a HAPPY Doofus." I say we will be 'a sittin' round the campfire, writin' with our "OLD/MAYBEnew/OUR choice of the 4 season's" inks 'a singing "Kumbaya!"

Who knows WHEN or IF the Engeika order will ship? BUT my lil' ole Rikya-Cha, an ink I have heard people SQUEALING about as long as I have followed ink posts here, is 'a speeding down the hiway toward MY lil' house. My Doofus membership began when I began paying double price for the inks I asked Cool Japan to obtain & ship me, renewed my membership with the two bottles of Hieronymus ink from Switzerland, similar orders from Louis Vuitton; but I do not complain because I knew the $ when I ordered & each purchase has been worth the $ to me.

If "Barkingpig" did NOT have sentimental meaning to me I would be tempted to change it to "happyDOOFUS"; a friend adopted a similar name years ago after he left his wife & children to "find himself," becoming HappyOtter. I am not "searching for myself," ONLY ink I want to use. (I suspect we would be surprised to know the TOTAL # of members in the Doofus Club if it were made public.)

If spending $40.00 to receive an ink from Japan that is not currently sold in the US makes me a Doofus, please "color me a HAPPY Doofus."

Oh Please.... money spent on ink is money that was not wasted in booze, drugs, cigarettes... and loose women...

You are good and perfect in my books. :wub: :wub:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

We have a whole town built on sins and ink isn't even on the list.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

You are very kind BUT who said I was doing without "drugs, cigarets & loose women?"

THAT is why I should/have to be more careful, even tho I no longer drink alcohol, most of the really exciting "loose women" like a good snort.

I do however consider ink purchases to be a lot more reasonable than therapy. I am happy I enjoyed it's benefit when needed BUT consider inks to be a happy alternative during normal times.

Today I was stunned & ecstatic to look at a line written in a new ink received yesterday, L'Artisan Pastillier Encre Classique's, Brun ours, (who wouldn't love an ink called Brown Bear?) with a line from Hieronymus, Brown One, below it..........They are perfectly similar enough to suit me. One a $50.00 ink & the other one $6.00! Those are the Ah HA! moments that make it possible to limit the loose women, drugs & cigarets when need be.

We have a whole town built on sins and ink isn't even on the list.

WHAT............if YOU haven't changed the image of SIN CITY with YOUR inks....you better start ordering MORE!

I like to say "no one has ever been jailed for having multiple fountain pens &/or bottleS of ink, maybe bankrupt, BUT most debtor's prisons are being used for "other offences" these days AND besides I know THE lawyer I would want to represent me!

Oh Please.... money spent on ink is money that was not wasted in booze, drugs, cigarettes... and loose women...

C.

Eh? Money spent on whisk(e)y and women is wasted?

Back on the topic of the re-issued inks, I must say that it appears that in Japan Sailor did not discontinue the current lineup of eight inks when the new, reissued inks were announced. So that may be a sign that at least for a while they'll both be available.

WHAT............if YOU haven't changed the image of SIN CITY with YOUR inks....you better start ordering MORE!

I like to say "no one has ever been jailed for having multiple fountain pens &/or bottleS of ink, maybe bankrupt, BUT most debtor's prisons are being used for "other offences" these days AND besides I know THE lawyer I would want to represent me!

:) Thank you for being the great enabler you are!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Back on the topic of the re-issued inks, I must say that it appears that in Japan Sailor did not discontinue the current lineup of eight inks when the new, reissued inks were announced. So that may be a sign that at least for a while they'll both be available.

Maybe they are thinking this will be their "Iroshizuku"-line, they just have to add the line which had Sky High, Epinard, etc. and they will have a complete 24-ink lineup.

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Maybe they are thinking this will be their "Iroshizuku"-line, they just have to add the line which had Sky High, Epinard, etc. and they will have a complete 24-ink lineup.

That's unlikely when they have added Souten and T-M which are so similar

Souten and Tokiwa-Matsu are similar?

Souten is similar to Sky High and Tokiwa-matsu is similar to Epinard.

YNWA - JFT97

That's unlikely when they have added Souten and T-M which are so similar

True... But some of those colours are quite different from the two "Seasons"-lines. Maybe if they do some adjustments, there are other hues and colours that are missing in their standard lineups.

YNWA - JFT97

C.

Didn't W.C. Fields say that he spent half his fortune on gambling, booze, and women and just squandered the other half?

True... But some of those colours are quite different from the two "Seasons"-lines. Maybe if they do some adjustments, there are other hues and colours that are missing in their standard lineups.

I've chroma tested Souten and Sky High, and they contain exactly the same dye. However, Souten comes up a little more saturated than Sky High was. Either that or my sample of Sky High was a little degraded.

Grenade and Oku yama aren't exactly the same, but for many they would be close enough. I believe Ultramarine and Nioi sumire are meant to be very similar too.

I have yet to test Tokiwa matsu and Epinard to see whether they are similar to each other or not.

Sailor's own Investor Report released today had these blurbs about future goals

"万年筆インクの新開発を進め、万年筆を使う楽しさを増大させます。"

Advance the development of new fountain pen inks to greately enhance the experience of using the fountain pen.

"万年筆、万年筆インクを海外市場へ積極的に売り込んでいきます。"

Aggressively market fountain pen and fountain ink to overseas markets.

Edited by zchen

"万年筆、万年筆インクを海外市場へ積極的に売り込んでいきます。"

Aggressively market fountain pen and fountain ink to overseas markets.

Massive release of all current or discontinued, regular or store exclusive, unlimited or limited inks in overseas markets.

Well a guy can only dream...