Sailor To Reissue Old Jentle Inks In March 2016

SNAK

This Sailor LE business and hard-to-get game they (and the stores) are playing just get more and more annoying. Makes me sad too. I've pretty much given up on the hunt of these rare inks. Might just well get more KWZI instead.

I agree with you...

But that i beleive is part of their biz strategy and probably that is what keeps them profitable and lot of stationary shops in Japan running...

Also the prices are quite high for the inks... Though I must say the quality is amazing...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mew

• Cyber6

• lgsoltek

• white_lotus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^These inks were not meant to be sold outside Japan, hence the difficulty in obtaining these. As for the business part, all inks are handmade by only one person, so there's only so much workload a person can handle.

As for the seasonal inks, I got these:

9x irori

6x rikyu-cha

1x kin-mokusei

1x fuji-musume

1x chu-shu

Kicked out waka-uguisu and Sakura-Mori

^These inks were not meant to be sold outside Japan, hence the difficulty in obtaining these. As for the business part, all inks are handmade by only one person, so there's only so much workload a person can handle.

As for the seasonal inks, I got these:

9x irori

6x rikyu-cha

1x kin-mokusei

1x fuji-musume

1x chu-shu

Kicked out waka-uguisu and Sakura-Mori

9 Iroris? What are they for though? :yikes:

9 Iroris? What are they for though? :yikes:

Lifetime stock. ;)

Don't want to run out of it again.

Wish I could stock up on Sky High. Soutan is a good alternative, but Sky High was....Sky High.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

I already have lifetime supply of most inks that i like except Kjellmaniella. Only 2 bottles of that.

Otherwise i have

7x Cigar

4x Old burgundy

9x Irori

and a few more which i prefer not to name. :P

I already have lifetime supply of most inks that i like except Kjellmaniella. Only 2 bottles of that.

Otherwise i have

7x Cigar

4x Old burgundy

9x Irori

and a few more which i prefer not to name. :P

You're a terrible human being.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

I got rikyu cha and fuji musume off of eBay. The rikyu cha is a winner for sure, brown and green with slate blue undertones. The purple is a bit light and Easter eggish but still fascinating in the way the color vacillates between light blue and lilac.

Perhaps a comparison next? Like you did with the standard line.

Not all of them are worth getting, and the ones worth getting aren't easily available. I only like Irori and Rikyu-cha from this. I wish they had a better colour for winter than Yuki-Akari. I really like winter.

Perhaps a comparison next? Like you did with the standard line.

Not all of them are worth getting, and the ones worth getting aren't easily available. I only like Irori and Rikyu-cha from this. I wish they had a better colour for winter than Yuki-Akari. I really like winter.

Well I probably don't have the time for a major comparison with the same pen and the same paper as I did the last time...

I like Irori, Rikyu-cha, Kin-mokusei and Chu-shu (surprise!). The rest are pretty boring or even meh (eg. Sakura-mori).

• 1 month later...

*UPDATE*

Not to worry everyone - I sat down with the Sailor USA rep this weekend at the '16 DC Pen Show -- these are all being rereleased and should be out in stores in October.

(YAY!)

I see a guy selling a couple on eBay at the moment for around $36 a bottle + shipping. Which is kind of odd because I just ordered 4 bottles (rikyu cha, kin mosukei, chu shu and waka uguisu) direct from Japan without any problems and for $11 each + shipping (about $7 per bottle). I've already got tokiwa matsu (2 bottles), so it's going to make a nice pile of toys to play with! :wub:

Now if I could get Clown Tears at that price... oh well, there's always KWZI Cherry.

Ain't that the truth! I have a sample that I am nursing, but I fear that when it's gone, it's gone.

Edit: nuts! ninja'd by Chrissy, :ninja: my response was to @mongrelnomad

On the plus side, I continue my current tear through Sailor inks with a quick purchase of a bottle each of Yama dori and Oku yama. Total price $25, including overseas shipping! Seemed like a pretty good deal to me. :)

And yes, engeika is where I just picked up rikyu cha, kinmosukei, waku uguisu, and chu shu. That will bring my Sailor ink cache to 8. How the heck did that happen? :huh:

The new inks are available from Engeika for $11.70 each plus shipping :)

THANK YOU!

I happily just ordered three bottles & a couple of Clear Candy cartridges & was very pleased to pay less than $20.00 shipping! You were VERY thoughtful & kind to post this information & I appreciate it. I know there are people who think October will "bring these inks" stateside but I can't imagine them being any less expensive & I could be DEAD before October!

*UPDATE*

Not to worry everyone - I sat down with the Sailor USA rep this weekend at the '16 DC Pen Show -- these are all being rereleased and should be out in stores in October.

(YAY!)

No kidding? That's some great news!

And, indeed, I just picked up Kin-mokusei on Ye Bay for $36 (including shipping), after losing two auctions for bottles that went for well over $40. I was wondering why the second $36 bottle wasn't being snapped up, and I wonder if it's because news started spreading that there was going to be a restock.

And many thanks to EoC and Chrissy for the mention of Engeika -- I'd never been to the site. I feel like a wee bit of a doofus for paying $36 for a bottle of ink I could have gotten for half that, but still, 'tis good to have a new source to check in the future. And, I'd been seriously considering picking up that second $36 bottle, so it likely saved me some money in the short term, too. :D