Sailor To Reissue Old Jentle Inks In March 2016

SNAK

It appears that Sailor is going to bring out a reissue of the older Jentle series in limited number next month. I don't believe the production of the current Jentle series will be affected, as this reissue is more like a special one-off. See this link from Sankodo here.

The inks in the reissue series are:

Waka-Uguisu

Sakura-Mori

Fuji-Musume

Rikyu-Cha

Kin-Mokusei

Chu-Shu

Irori

Yuki-Akari

I wasn't around the FPN when this older series was available last time, so I am wondering which of these 8 inks are considered more unique or special (if any)? I will be getting all 8 of course, because I am weird that way (my husband's words), but I may consider a few extras if there are extra nice ones. I think I like the Kin-Mokusei already.

Any others?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mew

• Cyber6

• lgsoltek

• white_lotus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is Yuki-Akari the same as Sky High? I bet it isn't but I thought I would ask.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Are these exclusive to Japan, or will all dealers have a limited stock? Looks like there are four colors that would interest me, so if they'll be available in the US I'll order. Otherwise, I'll forget about it. I'm not chasing Japanese exclusives in limited editions anymore.

Is Yuki-Akari the same as Sky High? I bet it isn't but I thought I would ask.

Yuki-Akari is a turquoise, almost aqua color. Sky High is blue. So they are not similar.

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

white_lotus I'm not sure if the reissue series is going to be available outside of Japan. Probably best to ask your local Sailor ink sellers. I am almost certain that none of the Australian distributors will get them (it's hard enough to source regular Jentle series here) so I am going to get them from Japan and use a forwarding service as usual.

sugna I've heard great things about Apricot, but don't have it. I'm hoping Kin-Mokusei will be nice too.

Fabienne I didn't get any of these inks in this reissue series when they were originally out, so I'm not sure about Yuki-Akari, but I'm with you that Sky High is something special. I am rationing mine although Souten is an okay alternative, although not exactly the same.

Margana I'm going to get them from Japan but I am wondering how "limited" the numbers will be when this reissue series comes out. Will it be limited in the sense that "I need to get them now asap or I'm going to miss out" or "I can wait till some reviews come out then make my mind up about placing an order"?

I'm sure Sailor will rotate the series around as they seem to have done in the past so if I miss this lot, there's bound to be another opportunity sometime in my lifetime. That's my wishful thinking anyway.

Yuki-akari and Sakura-mori are fairly bright, but I miss them and regret giving them up, especially as sakura is such a Japanese thing and half my stationery comes from Japan.

Waka-uguisu is perhaps my favourite light yellow-leaning green of all time, so I will stock up... and maybe a third bottle of Rikyu-cha, a wonderful chameleon colour that can go green or brown depending on paper and lighting. It was Waka-uguisu and Miruai that got me into Sailor inks five years ago, and I've never looked back, never had one that was anything less than wonderful, and never had the money to buy them all... but SNAK, please keep bringing us good news!

Oh dear, that was quick.

That Reddit thread was on Kobe Nagasawa store so Sailor must be promising limited numbers to a few (all?) Sailor distributors. If Nagasawa were only promised 1000 bottles, Sankodo may have even less. I have emailed them (Sankodo) but haven't heard back yet.

Sailor are really good with how they keep the customers interested and always wanting more, and the limited availability of their "limited edition", "special edition", "seasonal edition" etc really keeps us on the edge. Reminds me of Pocky (chocolate coated biscuit sticks) and their seasonal/special editions.

Oh well, if I miss out this time, maybe next time.

Edited to add: Obviously, I am not affiliated with any of the stores or brands, etc. Just a customer and user.

Edited by SNAK

Hi all. Two questions: Would these have really sold out entirely from one vendor, or should another vendor have them? Does anyone have a link to real-life color examples of these?

Thanks!

Hi all. Two questions: Would these have really sold out entirely from one vendor, or should another vendor have them? Does anyone have a link to real-life color examples of these?

Thanks!

Chances of other vendors have them are high if you can get them at least problem most likely they have no online presence next I'm not sure what will sailor do next as there's nothing new on the JP website stating about the reissue

As for the colors these are old colors while colors may not be perfectly be represented if there should be a reformulation then the reviews should still be a nice indicator

DustyR I have a feeling that some sellers of regular Sailor Jentle inks (or at least the major sellers) would still have them in limited numbers for pre-order. I have pre-ordered with Sankodo today, but even with pre-order they said they cannot guarantee all the colours I wanted. They didn't ask for payment upfront, but Sankodo only accepts bank transfer this time (their online store takes credit card) as this limited stock is not going to go on their online store so their automated credit card processing doesn't' work I am assuming. It is a hassle to organise the bank transfer but I will try and do it through my parcel forwarding service. If they don't let me, I have to ask my friends in Japan which I normally wouldn't do, but will make exceptions this time. I didn't even ask about shipping overseas, and the communication was only done in Japanese so I am to sure about their English skills. They didn't tell me that they have closed their pre-order yet FYI (as of this afternoon). I can't help you with your second question as I haven't seen these inks in real life.

I assume that Bung-Box will eventually have the reissue series too, knowing their relationship with Sailor, but they were closed today so perhaps you could try them too.