Kwzi Violet #7

white_lotus

As some of you may know, there are some inks being made by an industrious fellow named Konrad in Poland. There's been a few North American "group buys" in the past, and most inks in the line are carried by Vanness Pens and can be ordered online. I picked up a few of the inks in the last group buy in early 2015. I have a much longer list of inks I want to acquire.

The ink here is one of the water-resistant inks, Violet #7. Unfortunately, I don't see this ink at Vanness as I like this color range, but it may well be available directly from KWZI through the website kwzink.com.

The papers were the usual suspects: MvL=Mohawk via Linen, Hij=Hammermill 28lb inkjet, TR=Tomoe River.

This ink has a vibrancy that I wouldn't have expected from a violet, which usually is a dark color. It's not retina-searing by any means, but just has a spark of life to it that I like quite a bit. As typical, my old iPhone doesn't capture color the best, especially when it is dark. Definitely seeing it as redder than presented.

There was a little bit of staining on the converter, a common problem with violet inks, but it washed out easily.

fpn_1456072577__img_4102.jpg

fpn_1456072770__img_4103.jpg

fpn_1456072873__img_4107.jpg

This actually seems closest to the authentic color.

fpn_1456072917__img_4115.jpg

The ink is actually claimed as water-resistant, not waterproof as I wrote. And it meets that criteria.

fpn_1456072958__img_4112.jpg

Some wet paper towel chromatography.

fpn_1456073019__img_4119.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• white_lotus

• inkstainedruth

• chingdamosaic

Thanks for the review. And not.... :headsmack:

Is this an IG or non-IG ink?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Standard ink, water resistant. Apparently only direct from Konrad in Poland. So you're safe from having to buy another ink.

• 6 months later...

UPDATE September 18, 2016.

I was looking through my review notebooks and yesterday noticed there was a greenish showthrough on the back sides of both reviews. Other reviews of other brands did not exhibit this behavior. I did not have any other KWZ inks in this particular notebook, I'll have to check another book for that.

The behavior was especially noticeable on the Hammermill 28 lb inkjet paper, and was more noticeable with Violet #2 than with Violet #7, but it's quite prominent on Violet #2. On the Mohawk via Linen paper you can see a little bit of green showthrough, but very little. It's not a distraction. On Tomoe River there is no showthrough, but the color on the front is nothing like what I see on MvL or Hij, it's more like a pink now.

Interestingly, my waterfastness test sheet, done on the Hammermill paper does not exhibit the green showthrough. Those sheets are kept in a separate place, probably less exposed to light.

fpn_1474219948__back_kwzi_violet_7.jpg

fpn_1474219978__img_4722.jpg