Show Off Your Current Pen Case Lineup!

mhphoto

Share what's in your various pen cases at the moment! I really only have one case, though I'm always looking for a sale to get another few.

And how do you decide what goes in your cases if you have more pens than can fit in them? Do expensive pens get first dibs? Or maybe ones with sentimental value get the first chance at leathery protection?

post-76584-0-31592600-1456032889_thumb.jpg

Left Side (top to bottom):

Pelikan M800

Parker Vacumatic

Waterman 56, woodgrain

Waterman 55, woodgrain

Waterman 94, Olive Ripple

Waterman 52V, Rose Ripple

Waterman 52V, BluGreen Ripple

Waterman 52, Cardinal

Visconti Homo Sapiens, sterling silver

Visconti Homo Sapiens, bronze

Right Side (top to bottom):

Yard-O-Led Grand Viceroy, Victorian

Yard-O-Led Pocket Viceroy, Victorian

Yard-O-Led Grand Viceroy, Barley

Yard-O-Led Standard Viceroy, Barley

Yard-O-Led Pocket Viceroy, Barley

Wahl-Eversharp Doric, Morocco, #5 adjustable nib

OMAS Extra, vintage Grey Arco

OMAS Paragon, Bronze Arco

OMAS Paragon, Arco Verde

OMAS Paragon, Burlwood

Share yours!! :)

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainpenlady

• Cryptos

• sakayume

• gopool

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Currently I have four inexpensive zipper cases, each holding up to 24 pens. I try as much as possible to have them sorted by brand (although I have more Parkers than fit in one case at this point). :headsmack:

That doesn't count the pens that are in current rotation, of course -- the pens that are inked up live in a metal canister on a small bookcase next to my bed, unless I'm going someplace; then I have a few small 1-2 pen cases, and a couple of other larger containers -- a crocheted pen wrap, a wool clutch purse, and a zipper case originally for a Thinkpad -- if I need to carry a lot (say, to a pen show for talking to repair people).

Of course that sorting process is is somewhat in flux -- I have a few pens that are in need of immediate servicing (such as replacing o rings) and those haven't made it back into either the correct case or back in rotation. :blush:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• 2 weeks later...

This was the first pen case I ever picked up. On the front said [ National Press Inc. ]

The case was full of that pen brand and I sold the lot and as you can see I placed some of my 1st generation Parker Jotters and No tip protector Jotters and 2 nd generation Jotters [ Some colored barrels are enhanced with the ridge ball clips ] http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f239/Jotteraddict62/001_zpshejmq04g.jpg

fpn_1457417222__dscn1403.jpg

Compared to the OP picture this is embarrassing - although it is also probably far more representative of the average pen user. The entire cost of what EoC has left, including the wrap, is less than any single pen in the OP - with the exception (probably) of the Parker Vacumatic.

Realism: sometimes it just sucks!

fpn_1457417222__dscn1403.jpg

Compared to the OP picture this is embarrassing - although it is also probably far more representative of the average pen user. The entire cost of what EoC has left, including the wrap, is less than any single pen in the OP - with the exception (probably) of the Parker Vacumatic.

Realism: sometimes it just sucks!

You say "with the exception (probably) of the Parker Vacumatic" as if having a Vac is a BAD thing.... :rolleyes:

Oh, and the pen wrap is really quite lovely. My most recent pen EDC case is a repurposed Thinkpad sleeve that I got for a couple of bucks in a silent auction.... Ugly, no straps or elastic, and a velcro closure that may not work too well with pens in the way.... But it was cheap....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

... Realism: sometimes it just sucks!

Or rather than constantly moaning about the state of things

we can take Realism for what it is and search for the beauty in that ...

http://i.imgur.com/w3E53Zm.jpg

Ruth, no, EoC likes the Vacumatic. It was probably the least expensive pen in that line up though.

tartuffo, EoC was attempting a little humour. Obviously he is not very good it it. What is the pen on the left?

Where are all you people getting these lovely Japanese patterned pen rolls? :P I'm currently using a bright pink Delfonics one, and am down to only 5 pens well, 6 if counting the Prera only used for writing in italic (will try to attach a photo later when at a computer), so EoC I know how you feel!

I was once a bottle of ink, Inky Dinky Thinky Inky, Blacky Minky Bottle of Ink!

Firstly my apologies if anyone thought I was being rude to the OP. I was simply blown away by the contents of that case - it's a world I will never likely know. Dead jealous!

candide, my pen roll is by Saki (sakicollection.com) but if I recall correctly I think I got it through a Japanese eBay seller. I'll have to check later when I get home. They are about $10 or $12 I think. The material is nice, though mine has taken a hammering and is very faded. I may put in the next wash and see if that helps any.

The only thing I don't like about it is that the pens are not separated from each other, unless you only have 3 pens or, as in my case, cheaper pens. I prefer the concept and design of LizB's pen wrap.

Having said that, and rather amusingly, the wrap is the only thing that my colleagues have ever commented on. Forget about the pens! :D

I bought my pen roll from JetPens. It's not expensive, probably costs less

than the postage to Australia !!!

Lots of patterns to choose from

http://i.imgur.com/tZIX4y7.jpg

But the pen roll I would really like and that I'm having fun trying to get is one from

Elizabeth at http://www.exbpenwraps.com/about/

It's not at all easy to buy one because they are all one offs, unique & so beautiful that they are

usually sold only minutes after she posts them for sale .

http://i.imgur.com/YMDkMj6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wB3LOrR.jpg

I made mine myself. Got the fabric off eBay, and adapted a pattern I found on a blog somewhere. I also added extra padding between the layers of fabric as it is only thin cotton. They are pretty straightforward to make (although the finish on mine is pretty rough).

EoC, tartuffo, thank you! :) LizB, I really like your idea of putting in extra padding. Sewing your own is a great idea as one can fully customise it, though the last time I touched a sewing machine I managed to jam it within the first few stitches. :rolleyes: I still have the sewing machine, so I might look into making one too.

I'm not surprised the pencase drew comments, it's really lovely and roll pen cases are not common at all in the world of (often dispoable) ball point points. :P I agree that individual pockets are a better design. I think I remember reading about a seller on etsy who also made fabric roll pen cases with Japanese prints, but I can't recall who it was.

christof, your collection of Pelikan 100s (and one Ibis?) is truly a sight to behold. :wub: May I ask what the fourth from the left is known as?

I'm embarrassed to post my pen case photo now, but since I dug up the digital camera specially for this, I'll post it anyway. :blush: I'm actually somewhat relieved to have only 6 pens at the moment. (Though not for long...)

25671538566_30157556bd_b.jpg

My favourite of these five is actually the Kaküno (which I didn't even want to buy to begin with), because it's just so comfortable to write with, or maybe the Prera because the CM nib fulfils a purpose none of the other pens can. I'd trade/sell the Pelikans towards another pen without a backward glance. :P

Edited by candide