Lamy 2000 And Lamy 27 - Nib & Feed

Inky.Fingers

Have you ever wonder if you can get a spare nib/feed for your Lamy 2000?

Seems that Lamy 27 is forward compatible to Lamy 2000.

But not vice versa.

By chance, I have a lefty's OB Lamy 27 feed and nib (pens for parts) (I am right handed.)

24529958784_39054dedc7_c.jpg

25067376001_c6b2167f7e_c.jpg

25134286276_99b3675f2b_c.jpg

Edited by RMN
removed trade info

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the_gasman

• Inky.Fingers

• PointyThings

• litlviv

This is probably me being a bit brain-dense but I don't understand. In the top photo, I presume that the nib on the left (the darker nib) is the 27's nib. If you flip it over, so that the top surface of the nib is uppermost, it has the "left foot" appearance so is a left oblique -- the correct angle for a right-hander who rotates the pen/nib. I am a righty and my preference is for left OBB nibs (I have a beauty on a Lamy 27 which gives a fabulous italic line without any grinding).

To my eye, the nib shown in the Lamy 2000 in the bottom photo, and which I presume is from the original Lamy 27, is already a left oblique (it looks like a left foot when viewed from above).

Anyway, as I said, it's probably just me with the dimmer switch turned down.

Cheers,

David.

Inkfingers, the Lamy 27 is such a wonderful pen that I think that you should be sentenced to a long stretch for cannibalism! :crybaby: :glare: :crybaby:

David,

Left footer for a righty, or is a left footer for a lefty? Honestly, I don't know. It didn't seem right for me to write with a left footer.

i have several 27. I love them very much. This one came with a broken barrel, unrestorable. What better way to use parts and keep the spirit alive? My driver licence is makered organ donation ready!

This one came with a broken barrel, unrestorable. What better way to use parts and keep the spirit alive? My driver licence is markered organ donation ready!

Inky, your liberty and your organs have had a reprieve! Phew, I'm relieved!

I use this article by Richard Binder when trying to understand the different characteristics of the various nibs. There are a few linked pages on his site that give as much info as you could ever dream of -- about every conceivable aspect of pen, nibs, feeds, etc.. The only limitation to using the encyclopaedic store of knowledge is time.

Cheers,

David.

Oops! My link seems to want to go to the wrong page. If you find "Nibs II: Beyond the Basics with Specialty Nibs" click the link at the top of that page that has "Nibs I: The Basics". That is the page that gives details about oblique nibs.

Sorry,

David.

Edited by the_gasman

• 6 years later...
  • 5 months later...

There were a number of variations in the Lamy 27 over the years, along with changes in nib design. Can you post of photo of your pen and the nib?

Visit my new writing instrument buy/sell/trade community: Fountain Pen Classifieds

100% dedicated to making deals better for everyone! And it's FREE!

• 2 months later...
On 2/21/2016 at 5:38 AM, Inky.Fingers said:

David,

Left footer for a righty, or is a left footer for a lefty? Honestly, I don't know. It didn't seem right for me to write with a left footer.

i have several 27. I love them very much. This one came with a broken barrel, unrestorable. What better way to use parts and keep the spirit alive? My driver licence is makered organ donation ready!

Hello; I've just acquired an early Lamy 27 and there are some issues.

According to this excellent Lamy 27 infographic created by Christoph, my pen is from the first era, just the Lamy 27 from 1952, the fourth one down with gold cap, fully hooded nib, and inofficial numbering 1.4.

https://live.staticflickr.com/4030/34784046054_23b5ee9d35_o.jpg

It is in need of some repair, part of which I was aware, part of which I was not, and the worst part, is I've caused damage requiring an additional need of repair.

This was an eBay pen. I knew from the listing it came without the cap's plastic finial/jewel/button.

Once I received it I discovered the piston seal was shrunken and hard as rock; obviously not holding ink.

And finally, in an effort to clean/free up/disassemble the grip section/feed/nib, I used hot water. Too hot.  Hot enough that it warped and shrunk the grip section hood.

The pen still reassembles properly... just that the hood/section looks ridiculously deformed. I can still use the pen. And it works just fine without the jewel. I used a Lamy 2000 seal for the piston (perfect fit:)

For the purposes of this post, I'll get to my point - I am looking for:

1. a replacement hood/section, and

2. the cap button/jewel for my pen.

I wonder if you have any of the parts I've listed that will work with my pen?

Thanks

Mark