New Faber-Castell Colors

annettefhorn

Has anyone tried the new (new to me, anyway) Faber-Castell inks? They're available from Goulet's:

Midnight Blue

Deep Sea Green

I like both colors based on their swatches. Deep Sea Green looks a lot like Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku (one of my favorite inks), but with different sheen.

[Actually now I see they've already sold out of Deep Sea Green.]

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• annettefhorn

• lapis

• Cyber6

• Pensei

IMO both are great inks.

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/peli46/2_new_GvFCs.jpg

At least with this pen (Herbin glass dip and, paper (Rhodia 90), no feathring or bleeding. Fast drying time.

Midnight Blue is one of the "best" Midnight (Blues) of all time. Really a dark dark blue tending towards a blue black with zero other colours like teal etc. Deep Sea Green is also neat. Touch of blue (what else would do?), maybe a quarter of a tick of brown which really fits the bill. I was once a deep sea scuba diver (honestly) so believe me. Two of my all time favourites from any company since years.

As if that weren't eneough, remember that the bottles -- especially their caps -- belong to the best ones made today. IMO. At least as good, if not even better than those of the new MB or CdA bottles.

Don't worry about the price... it's a 75-ml bottle anyway.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Thanks! I was looking in the review index but I guess they haven't been added yet.

I definitely want to try the Midnight Blue. Shin-kai is too grey for my taste.

I have the Moss Green and love both the ink and the bottle. Agreed on the quality of the bottle; it's at the level of an inkwell you might buy just for the inkwell.

Great Midnight blue. Reminds me of St Dupont's blue-black.

Hey, who told you that? I wanted to say that myself!! I'm just too slow today!!!

And... since the S.T.'s is only available in carts (e.g. Réf. 040111), why doesn't everybody just buy the GvFC and be happy ?

:wub:

Hey, who told you that? I wanted to say that myself!! I'm just too slow today!!!

And... since the S.T.'s is only available in carts (e.g. Réf. 040111), why doesn't everybody just buy the GvFC and be happy ?

:wub:

Price?? Availability??.. :( ... With our low Canadian dollar... these inks are expen$$sive :bawl: :bawl:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Price?? Availability??.. :( ... With our low Canadian dollar... these inks are expen$$sive :bawl: :bawl:

C.

At least from American vendors, F-C inks are distinguished by having a low cartridge price relative to the bottle price. I like getting a pack of cartridges for not much more than a sample. In American dollars, $30 for the bottle, and $3.50 for six cartridges.

At least from American vendors, F-C inks are distinguished by having a low cartridge price relative to the bottle price. I like getting a pack of cartridges for not much more than a sample. In American dollars, $30 for the bottle, and $3.50 for six cartridges.

Good point... but the bottles are soooo pretty.. :wub: :wub:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Also FWIW the caps on the new GVFCs are among the very very best. At least as good as the new MBs and CdAs, actually IMO even better. In any case better than Iroshi's for which almost everybody is hotter than §$&? due to their (Iroshi's) bottles alone.

The Deep Sea Green looks similar to Iroshizuku's Syo-ro (although the GVFC inks don't have as much depth to the color as Iroshizuku.) The colors are kind of flat, they have a vintage look to them.

I need to get a bottle of Garnet Red- I love the look of that ink.

Good point... but the bottles are soooo pretty.. :wub: :wub:

C.

No kidding. I really love the bottles. I think I will get one when my Stone Grey cartridges run out. That's the disadvantage of getting cartridges as a variation on samples--if you like the color, you have to wait forever to be able to justify buying the bottle.