De Atramentis - Steel Blue

AndyYNWA

I received a bottle of De Atramentis Steel Blue as part of my prize in the renaming competition. There are not many reviews of this ink on FPN, so I thought I'd give it a try.

It's a nice ink with lots of shading and a good amount of sheen as well. It fethers slightly on low quality paper.

The colour is teal, but probably on the bluer half of the spectrum. Sometimes it looks quite blue, and sometimes it looks rather green. If it had been slightly blue, this would have been a top 3 colour, in my book.

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv27/AndyYNWA/Ink%20reviews/De%20Atrementis%20Inks/6375b17d-fa1e-4697-9c3a-a8d0b5b54483_zpsxrz0ymmq.jpg

Water resistance is non-existant. At least on Oxford Optik paper.

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv27/AndyYNWA/Ink%20reviews/De%20Atrementis%20Inks/c1006f8a-50df-47ca-b1a0-fe77511c6b9a_zpsysj5lm1q.jpg

The sheen is really nice. Sorry for the poor picture, my iPhone doesn't like the lighting in my office.

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv27/AndyYNWA/Ink%20reviews/De%20Atrementis%20Inks/9c95557c-4772-4ea0-84a3-97e2802d52f3_zpsmliosuvl.jpg

Edited by AndyYNWA

YNWA JFT96

Instagram: inkyandy

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AndyYNWA

• Cyber6

• HalloweenHJB

• Morbus Curiositas

The colour itself is not at all bad, but that sheen... that's one I've never yet seen.............

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

The colour itself is not at all bad, but that sheen... that's one I've never yet seen.............

Mike

Is the sheen a good or bad thing...?

YNWA JFT96

Is the sheen a good or bad thing...?

The sheen is a VERY GOOD thing... is an amazing thing that makes people go WOW... How you do that!!!!.... :lol:

I love sheen, sometimes is sooo good it ca be bad, as in.. I get distracted looking at it and forget what I was supposed to write.... :D ... but overall, sheen is a GREAT thing.. :wub:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

The sheen is a VERY GOOD thing... is an amazing thing that makes people go WOW... How you do that!!!!.... :lol:

I love sheen, sometimes is sooo good it ca be bad, as in.. I get distracted looking at it and forget what I was supposed to write.... :D ... but overall, sheen is a GREAT thing.. :wub:

C.

I totally agree!

I LOVE SHEEN!!! :wub:

An ink without some kind of sheen is a bit boring to me...

Edited by AndyYNWA

YNWA JFT96

Looks fairly similar to Private Reserve's Naples Blue, which has tremendous sheen. I'll have to get a bottle of the Steel Blue for comparison!

Looks fairly similar to Private Reserve's Naples Blue, which has tremendous sheen. I'll have to get a bottle of the Steel Blue for comparison!

I have Naples Blue... Just by memory I will say Naples blue is more turquoise. But yes.. it has AMAZING sheen too. I had a small bottle (a few years ago) and this is one of the inks I actually finish the bottle and bought myself a large one. :D :D

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Morbus Curiositas

Dear Andy

Thanks a lot will send this to dr J

There is another chance of Winning inks by naming them.

Dr J is producing vast array of Shimmeringinks in several colours witg Gold, Silver, Copper, and Brass particles

Dr J NEEDS HELP

The first inks are on it's way to me As a test.

They need names more following soon

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

Dear Andy

Thanks a lot will send this to dr J

There is another chance of Winning inks by naming them.

Dr J is producing vast array of Shimmeringinks in several colours witg Gold, Silver, Copper, and Brass particles

Dr J NEEDS HELP

The first inks are on it's way to me As a test.

They need names more following soon

Exciting! :)

YNWA JFT96

Hmmm - I have a sample of this ink and this sample can't be called blue. It's just green.

Is mine bluer, than?

YNWA JFT96

Hmmm - I have a sample of this ink and this sample can't be called blue. It's just green.

You sure is DeAtramentis Steel Blue??.. There is also a Diamine Steel Blue and that one is much greener.

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

This is one of my two fav De Atramentis inks (Aubergine being the other). I've used this ink to convert casual pen lovers in fanatics. Works every time. :D

Steel Blue and Aubergine are my favorite DeA inks, too.

Thanks for the review, AndyYNWA.

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

This is one of my two fav De Atramentis inks (Aubergine being the other). I've used this ink to convert casual pen lovers in fanatics. Works every time. :D

I'm one of those converted by Saskia, so I can attest to the power of this ink. :notworthy1:

"Life would split asunder without letters." Virginia Woolf

Morbus Curiositas

Itis a blue wiht a green hue

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)