Unidentified Waterman Has Identity Crisis. Could Anyone Help?

stringsandpedals

I found this old fellah at a flea market a few months back. Haven't been able to figure out what pen it is, though. Feels a little cheap, but the nib feels nice.

Could anyone help me out?

tumblr_o2nyrfJOWc1r6y85zo2_1280.jpgtumblr_o2nyrfJOWc1r6y85zo3_1280.jpgtumblr_o2nyrfJOWc1r6y85zo6_1280.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stringsandpedals

• RMN

• Nath

• amk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi stringsandpedals,

It's a Waterman Forum, 1980-1990, a school FP all-plastic with a gold-plated nib.

Thank you so much!!!

Actually, I have found the Forum to be a fine performer for a quite low price. I have used one as my "carry-around" pen for some time now.

Actually, I have found the Forum to be a fine performer for a quite low price. I have used one as my "carry-around" pen for some time now.

It does have nice feel to it. I filled it up with some Edelstein Jade for work yesterday. Now my hands are green, but it was worth it.

Hi SAP.

Good the forum could help you solve an identity crisis.

Just a tip for anyone posting pics for identification: Please also post pictures of the section and nib. Especially for Watermans these are oftne indispensable for identification.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Hi SAP.

Good the forum could help you solve an identity crisis.

Just a tip for anyone posting pics for identification: Please also post pictures of the section and nib. Especially for Watermans these are oftne indispensable for identification.

D.ick

Good call. Thanks for the tip. Something like that?

http://41.media.tumblr.com/224dffa207797f72a1a0040c31da8153/tumblr_o2t8iup6Bo1qai2cpo8_1280.jpg

Good call. Thanks for the tip. Something like that?

http://41.media.tumblr.com/224dffa207797f72a1a0040c31da8153/tumblr_o2t8iup6Bo1qai2cpo8_1280.jpg

Yep. After all, it's the most important part of a fountain pen!.

D.ick

~

~

With this Forum, a simple plastic pen/FP we have a great choice indeed:

Forum, united colors (last picture)

Forum Agora, “psychedelic designs” (7th picture)

Forum Atrium “metallic design” (6th picture)

Forum Revolution (understand, French Revolution) in three version: Les droits de l’Homme, Décret de l’Assemblée Nationale and la Marche des Marseillois (old French) (pictures 1, 3, 4 and 5)

...I love this pens of 80s

Cheers

post-70682-0-85504100-1456354785_thumb.jpg

post-70682-0-49685500-1456354866_thumb.jpg

post-70682-0-23116100-1456354981_thumb.jpg

post-70682-0-12822300-1456355124_thumb.jpg

post-70682-0-86297600-1456355211_thumb.jpg

post-70682-0-95219500-1456355227_thumb.jpg

post-70682-0-26361500-1456355243_thumb.jpg

post-70682-0-90019500-1456355279_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nath

Ahhhh.... Love you, Nath! :P ;)

Dick

~

~

No my dear, we are full of "crazy" here!

Seriously, the cheap fountain pens can also be very interesting and attaching (The 80s, it’s my college years :) with lot of excellent memories). In addition, they write very well with a pleasant nib.

Sorry, it's night in Paris :blush: almost 8 pm:

post-70682-0-31653000-1456858384_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi stringsandpedals,

It's a Waterman Forum, 1980-1990, a school FP all-plastic with a gold-plated nib.

Hoi...so I have been looking through some catalogues, and this one suggests that this pen is a Waterman Agora Venezia.

You probably know your waterman stuff by now, but...how exactly would I know?

Hoi...so I have been looking through some catalogues, and this one suggests that this pen is a Waterman Agora Venezia.

You probably know your waterman stuff by now, but...how exactly would I know?

Look at Nath's post nr 10. She mentions a Forum Agora. Where Forum is the main series and Agora the sub-series.

D.ick

~

~

Dear All,

With the first photo of stringsandpedals I thought the pen was of uniformly coloured, so a simple Forum. With additional pictures allowing us to see the marbled design, of course it's a Forum Agora (the same word; the first in “Latin”, the second “in Greek”).

As so well reminded by RMN Forum is the generic name of the model for all the Forum. Agora, Atrium, Revolution are sub categories.

But I had no idea that each Agora Forum had a “first name/ given name”. Thank you very much for this valuable information.

Venezia for this one and other colours as shown in the catalogue Gopens No. 57, is well suited to the somewhat "commedia dell'arte".

A huge thank you

Best wishes

• 1 year later...

Wow. Reviving a thread cos I'm going through my memento pens, and I have a Waterman Declaration des Droits de l'Homme fp -- no box, of course. I picked it up somewhere in France in late summer 1989. I don't remember using it at all, but I had to have tried it. Since I bought it as a souvenir, I didn't use it. (I used a bit more (but not so much) the Lady...Charlotte (?) in a purplish pattern finish that I picked up in Riom, but sold during an accumulation purge.)

The collections shown here are wow.

I am, as current jargon has it, editing what I have. (Cos I want a Stylo Art maki-e pen. *Laughs*)

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.