Loaner "51"s And Journals

Ruaidhri

Folks,

Quick update.

I am awaiting three "51"s from very kind people who read the thread Here

When they arrive I will do some polishing, de-dinging etc and pass them on to Richard who has offered to wave his magic wand over them.

This will probably take a little time - I'll post as it goes on.

Edit 14 Oct 2008

Black strike-throughs have opted out for various reasons.

Green strike-throughs have received and are done.

I'll try to update this as often as possible.

Meantime, those already on 'The List' are, in order (God bless their patience) -

1. Yarek
  2. jd50ae
  3. Tricia
  4. anniemac
  5. Samuel07
  6. HDoug
  7. jlepens
  8. jonro
  9. longwriter
  10. coolpenz
  11. usqview
  12. JediGamer
  13. Demeter
  14. Tojusi
  15. Kalessin
  16. kudzu
  17. Dean
  18. mysta rave
  19. bartosz.gadomski
  20. sheafferkid
PM me if you wish to be added, but remember - patience :)

That's the list for the moment folks

Regards,

Ruaidhrí

BTW - having checked old PMs I put Ann (anniemac) back in her proper place in the queue :embarrassed_smile:

I'm going to close the list at 20 for the time being. As we go through the list I'll post again.

Edited by Ruaidhri

Administrator and Proprietor of Murphy Towers

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ruaidhri

• HDoug

• sheafferkid

• kudzu

Will you be including a bottle of Richard's faux tanzanite (50:50 mix of Watermans FB & Purple) to ensure proper flow?

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Will you be including a bottle of Richard's faux tanzanite (50:50 mix of Watermans FB & Purple) to ensure proper flow?

Without making assumptions about the question I have provided (at no extra expense) a selection of replies below:

1. No, but I consider this a nice choice of ink
  2. No, I only recommend Guinness
  3. Yes, I'll bring it personally
  4. Are you bloody serious ?

:roller1: :roller1: :roller1:

R

Just a quick bump to get the list finished

R :)

Are you bloody serious ?

No. In light of the last "51"'s disappearance, the level of generousity being display by you, Richard, et.al. is highly commendable. However, I'd hate for you to send it to a newbie that fills it with their calligraphy India ink or Iron Gall ink and leaves it for a week or two prior to returning it to you.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Richard's faux tanzanite

After careful consideration, I have decided that the official name of said color is Binder Blurple. Note, please, that it is not "burple" -- that would only make sense if I were mixing BOO and Purple, which is not the case.

sig.jpg.2d63a57b2eed52a0310c0428310c3731.jpg

I have decided that the official name of said color is Binder Blurple.

So shall it be known from this day hence :D :D

Regards,

R

Edit: just remembered - Boo is Ruaidhrí jnr's pet name for his better half (Ann).

I hope he reads this :roller1: :roller1: :roller1: :roller1:

Edited by Ruaidhri

I shall henceforth strike "Faux Tanzanite" from my lexikon, and begin learning how to pronounce "Blurple" without tripping. :D

Room for one more this time round folks !

Regards,

Ruaidhrí

(I'll update this as needed)

I pmed you, Ruaidhri! I want to be added! I want to be added! Choose me! Me! :lol:

Evan

Done evan :)

First pen has arrived, and a rather tasty journal.

Further updates as it goes.

Regards,

Ruaidhrí

I pmed you, Ruaidhri! I want to be added! I want to be added! Choose me! Me! :lol:

Evan

Done evan :)

First pen has arrived, and a rather tasty journal.

Further updates as it goes.

Regards,

Ruaidhrí

Pen No 2 arrived :)

I'll post a full list of these when all recd.

R

Absolutely outstanding of both you and Herr Binder to invest in this. This community never ceases to amaze me at its ability to come up with clever new forms of generosity. My hat's off to you both.

If a third 51 is wanted, I've got a 51 frankenpen that's quite nice that I would offer up. It's demi-sized, although I believe it's been fitted with a full-size hood, judging from the bulge 'round the clutch ring. Fitted with a full-size MKIII gold-filled cap, I believe, and a smooth medium/fine nib. If you'd like, I'll send it off to Richard, should his generosity still remain in full form!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1118/726404937_328386ddc6_o.jpg

Brassing Adds Character: Available by clicking on my signature.

Ah, another thought.

Regardless of whether or not it might condescend others, a quick "advice and proper protocol" section might be added to the first page or two of the journal, so that if someone who is new to the addiction (affliction?:)) might catch the drift - proper cleaning and filling instructions, perhaps an ink recommendation or two, etc.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1118/726404937_328386ddc6_o.jpg

Brassing Adds Character: Available by clicking on my signature.

Ah, another thought.

Regardless of whether or not it might condescend others, a quick "advice and proper protocol" section might be added to the first page or two of the journal, so that if someone who is new to the addiction (affliction?:)) might catch the drift - proper cleaning and filling instructions, perhaps an ink recommendation or two, etc.

I sincerely appreciate the thoughts :)

There is a pen already on its way to Richard, I received two more in the last couple of days, and the fourth is on its way to me.

Not wanting this to turn into something totally unwieldy, and not wanting Richard to come over and shoot me :D, I am keeping it to four pens & journals.

Thanks for the kind offer though :)

As soon as I have things ready I'll post again to update folks on progress.

Warm regards,

Ruaidhrí

Great! Thanks for putting me on the list, Ruaidhri! What a guy!

Evan

Sheaffer all the way!

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

1 x "51" with Richard

2 x "51"s arrived in Dublin

2 x Journals arrived in Dublin

More details anon.

Regards,

Ruaidhrí

How did I miss this thread? :bonk:

This is a great idea Ruaidhri. Hopefully it all runs smooth this time. I'll be looking forward to the journal entries. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ruaidhri! I don't know if this is the best place to post this, but I was wondering how everything is coming along with this great idea. So far, is it running smoothly? Where are we at in the queue right now? Is the 3rd "51" back from Richard? Just thought I (and perhaps other people in the line) might want to know how its coming. Thanks!

Evan

Sheaffer all the way!

Hey Ruaidhri! I don't know if this is the best place to post this, but I was wondering how everything is coming along with this great idea. So far, is it running smoothly? Where are we at in the queue right now? Is the 3rd "51" back from Richard? Just thought I (and perhaps other people in the line) might want to know how its coming. Thanks!

Evan

Good a place as any Evan :)

It is far from running smoothly I'm afraid.

My last update was:

Update:

1 x "51" with Richard

2 x "51"s arrived in Dublin

2 x Journals arrived in Dublin

More details anon.

Regards,

Ruaidhrí

Received to date:

"51" Black/Lustraloy (polished) aero from Oxonian1

"51" Black/Lustraloy (polished) vac from Paircon012

Journal (Celtic) from Mary A

Journal (Moleskine) from DilettanteG

1De-dinged, cleaned & polished and will be heading to Richard in the next day or two.

2This I discovered has sentimental attachment and I am simply tidying it up and returning it. I would not be happy taking a chance on losing it, although it was a lovely thought (that it might make people more careful). Bill has kindly offered me another to replace it. :embarrassed_smile:

The other "51" (from Larry) is with OldGriz who will be passing it on to Richard at the Raleigh Pen Show.

I will pick up another two journals myself but, unfortunately, the only "51"s I have at the moment have various sentimental attachments.

The original that started the whole business way back seems to be gone. Several mails have gone unanswered as has a letter sent by registered post.

Pity it was one of my own countrymen!

If anyone else has sent pens/journals will they please contact me.

Meantime I'll have a look around and see if I can pick up another "51" or two somewhere.

I'm still prepared to make this work, and Richard tells me he is as well. This is NOT going away :)

Regards,

Ruaidhrí