Pilot Metropolitan Vs Mr Confusion

Mendy

I have been surfing the internet regarding the Pilot Metropolitan. I understand that the Metropolitan use proprietary cartridges and converters. Additional surfing mentioned that the MR takes international converter and cartridges. Amazon has an MR animal at a very reasonable price including a converter and 1 cartridge. However the description mentions that the pen takes a Pilot or Namiki cartridge. I have quite a few international cartridges and would prefer the pen accept the international cartridges. I was wondering if the description may be incorrect or if Pilot makes the MR for their own cartridges?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maurizio

• Bounce792

• Algester

• Mendy

Top Posters In This Topic

if your buying from european countries your chances of getting an MR/Urban are high (and ironically are actually more expensive)

if your buying in Japan and or America your chances of getting a Cocoon/Metropolitan are high

Edited by Algester

No, a Pilot won't accept the international cartridges. If you like the pen and the price, and it comes with a converter, what's the problem? You'll be able to use your other carts eventually in another pen.

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com