snehsab

Hey there....

After a long time, the two minute reviews guy has come up with a new video introducing us to a new Indian Fountain Pen company called Glare Pens.

The above video is a hands of review of the following 3 pens...

Glare 71 - which, according to me, in one word looks amazing. Its nib reminded me of Jinhao 450 and i have seen him write with it in the video and i think it writes very well.. and its a medium nib (not broad like Jinhao 450).

Glate T7 looks like Lamy Safari and similar Chinese pens by Jinhao and Hero. But, according to him this one feels richer than even the Safari. Now, thats a tall claim but he has great things to say about the way it writes. He has just been using the pen for a couple of days, and it is already his favourite writer.. I really want to order it now.

There is also a fountain pen with roller ball nib i.e. called T7 ( C ) that accepts cartridges and converter. Its very interesting and he seems to enjoy writing with it too. But i will wait for him to do a full review of the pen before thinking about whether i will purchase it or not.

Anyways, all 3 pens look very nice. I agree with him that they look too beautiful and more like German pens than Indian. Feels proud to see new age Indian Fountain Pen manufacturers are coming up such exciting pens.

Edited by snehsab

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• snehsab

• mehandiratta

• Aramchek

• zaded

Glare 71=Oliver F27

Слава Україні!

Slava Ukraini!

STR:11 DEX: 5 CON:5 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3

Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}

Ah! So, its just the re branding? How much does the Oliver 27 cost?

And what about the Glade T7? Is it also re branded?

Edited by snehsab

ASApens used to offer it with German Schmidt nibs for US$30, Ranga pens recently sold them for US$29 with Ambitious nibs (like this one), but both are aimed at foreign customers and thus probably charge far more than what they cost in India.

The other two look familiar but I can't recall where else I've seen them (or if I've just seen similar ones).

Слава Україні!

Slava Ukraini!

STR:11 DEX: 5 CON:5 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3

Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}

I am confused. Who actually makes these pens?

It seems like companies like ASAPens, Ranga and now Glare are just rebranding it.

I think they import it from some other country.. the reason why it is priced so much. Even on ebay (india), the glare pens are priced very high. I have ordered the T7 though..

Also are there videos like these for such pens? or just the written reviews?

Edited by snehsab

I am confused. Who actually makes these pens?

It seems like companies like ASAPens, Ranga and now Glare are just rebranding it.

I think they import it from some other country.. the reason why it is priced so much. Even on ebay (india), the glare pens are priced very high. I have ordered the T7 though..

Also are there videos like these for such pens? or just the written reviews?

ASA pens and Ranga Still sell it as Oliver F27...

Oliver is Chennai based company... thier website is http://www.oliverpens.com/

ASA pens and Ranga Pens are just sellers... the pen is manufactured in India only....

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Thank you for sharing the link, Vaibhav.. However, there is no information about the fountain pens they manufacture. But atleast they have a site. I have posted an enquiry.. and will purchase all the fountain pens they have to offer.

And its a shame to see how pathetic they are with the distribution of their pens.. And all the local shops in relatively smaller cities have to offer.. in the name of fountain pens.. are Parker and basic Cartridge Pens...

Also, i will be sharing my review of T7 as soon as i receive it from the seller.

• 2 months later...

I love the look of this Glare 71 and checked thethe Oliver f27. But what justifies the exponential price hike of this pen? In ebay.in it comes with a kanwrite nib which is about 50 cents. Somewhere, it comes with ambitious nib. I am not sure about ambitious nib. So, i am confused. So, will any oneone, especially Indian suggest whether i should buy this pen at that priceprice (about 2800 INR) ? Is it better than the quality of Rangas

I love the look of this Glare 71 and checked thethe Oliver f27. But what justifies the exponential price hike of this pen? In ebay.in it comes with a kanwrite nib which is about 50 cents. Somewhere, it comes with ambitious nib. I am not sure about ambitious nib. So, i am confused. So, will any oneone, especially Indian suggest whether i should buy this pen at that priceprice (about 2800 INR) ? Is it better than the quality of Rangas

I suggest do not go by nib alone.Both Ambitious and Kanwrite have good nibs. But, Rs.2800/- seems like high price, check.out difference with over F27.

Check with Ranga pens, they also sell Oliver F27.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Subbu_ASApens