Pen Club In Montreal / Quebec?

Hans-Gabriel

Hi everyone!

I know this question has been asked a long while ago (2006 and 2008) , but I have no idea if things have changes since.

Does anyone know if there is a pen club in Montreal or anywhere in the province of Quebec ?

I'd be interested in joining such club.

Thanks

H-G

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ICantEvenDecideAMajor

• JLS1

• Nibology

• Hans-Gabriel

I've no idea either. But there is a pen show in Toronto this october i think? I'm definitely going then! I'm also in Montreal. Perhaps we can gather some Montreal peoples by just running into them on the forums LOL?

Ask everyone if they want a cup of tea. It's a mantra to Heaven.

• 2 weeks later...

AFAIK, Scriptus (the Toronto pen show) is usually scheduled for the 1st Sunday in November. FWIW, I haven't seen anything about this year's show but it is still a long way off and last year's show was well attended so I wouldn't worry. Stylo was representing Montreal at Scriptus - they had 2-3 tables and brought a lot (A LOT!) of ink...

That said, Montreal managed to host a Pelikan "hub" meeting last summer (which I attended): it was fun and we got some goodies from Pelikan, including ink. If we have another Pelikan hub, might this be a good place/time for the Montreal community to come together?

I don't know of a pen club in Montreal or Quebec .... but I would be interested in participating if one existed.

Edit; I'm also willing to help set one up if this thread gets enough interest (say 5 people or more).

Edited by ppdiaporama

I don't know! It seems like there's plenty of fountain pen users in Montreal but for some reason we don't have a pen club? Sigh...

• 1 month later...

I wish there was a pen show in Mtl! I'd be willing to help if anyone wants to set one up.

Sigh me too. There is one later in the year in Toronto that I definitely will go to, but it'll be great if Montreal has one.

I guess Montreal pen shows would be kind of impractical; was talking with a US retailer and he thought Montreal speaks French only.

Yes there will be a Scriptus Toronto this year on October 30th. The website is here http://scriptustoronto.com/

We are starting vendor registrations next week and updates will be forthcoming as soon as we start to lock people in.

Please do not hesitate to contact me via the website if you would like any further information.

All the best

Philip

www.scriptusinc.com

Also, if you are serious about a pen show in Montreal do give me a shout and I will be happy to help in any way that I can.

Philip

www.scriptusinc.com

Cool - I'll be booking my ticket to T.O. for Scriptus ASAP!

BTW, I am trying to organize a Pelikan Hub for Montreal; if anyone is interested in signing up, please send me a PM and I'll be happy to send you the details.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool - I'll be booking my ticket to T.O. for Scriptus ASAP!

BTW, I am trying to organize a Pelikan Hub for Montreal; if anyone is interested in signing up, please send me a PM and I'll be happy to send you the details.

Don't have any Pelikan pens (but use a Pelikan pen case :P) I suppose pulling out a case full of Italian and Japanese pens at a Pelikan club is not the most welcoming thing in the world?

Hi, I'm in Montreal too! I'm new to the FPN, so I only just read these posts. I'm planning to attend the Toronto event, but if there is one in Montreal, I'm interested.

Hi, I'm in Montreal too! I'm new to the FPN, so I only just read these posts. I'm planning to attend the Toronto event, but if there is one in Montreal, I'm interested.

Don't think there's one in Montreal, at least haven't heard of one before. I'm going to the Toronto one as well. Guess we're not as *important* as Toronto :(

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to "necropost" but I wanted to let people know that we're trying to organize a Pelikan Hub for 2016 in Montreal, but we're apparently a few people short.

If anyone in Montreal would like to help try getting a Pelikan Hub going, please register at www.pelikan.com/hubs by July 31. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

Unfortunately, Montreal didn't make the cut for Pelikan Hub 2016. A few friends and myself will probably try to attend the one in Sherbrooke.

I would love to see a Pen Club in Montreal and I would be willing to invest a little time into its creation if someone's willing to help.

Let me know!

-j

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm kinda late doing the followup on this, my apologies.

Reading the thread, it seems like we might be enough in Montreal to start something interesting.

How about we start with a simple gathering?

Here is what I suggest, I will contact you via PM and send a link to get your email adresses so we can communicate to make this happen.

Don't hesitate to PM me if you want to be part of it.

Looking forward to this!

• 3 weeks later...

We are now about 7 FP Enthusiasts to be interested in a friendly gathering in Montreal.

I'm not sure I can post the link to the "I'm interested / registration form" here so if you'd like to be invited, drop me a PM and I'll send you the link to the form.

This will be fun, I'm looking forward to it!

HG

• 3 weeks later...