• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ICantEvenDecideAMajor

• JLS1

• Nibology

• Hans-Gabriel

I'm 40 minutes south of Montreal I might or might not make trip depending on life. But I hope it happens and I get to participate.

• 3 weeks later...

HI,

I am also interested in attending a gathering in the montreal region!

I don't know how to send a PM as I registered today specifically to answer this topic haha.

All depending on the location and time I will try very hard to attend a meeting!

Cheers

Jonathan

I'm in northern Vermont so to too far from you all. I speak no French but would definitely be interested in attending any future events.

I'm in northern Vermont so to too far from you all. I speak no French but would definitely be interested in attending any future events.

• 1 year later...

Interesting history here! Okay, so I organized the Montreal Pelican Hub in 2017 with a friend and am now working on organizing a get together in Montreal sometime this summer. Toronto has its "Pens and Pints" gathering, so Montreal is going to have its.... well, we'll come up with a name. Of course, maybe there is already a group (as implied by the earlier messages in this thread). I am interested.

Alex

Interesting history here! Okay, so I organized the Montreal Pelican Hub in 2017 with a friend and am now working on organizing a get together in Montreal sometime this summer. Toronto has its "Pens and Pints" gathering, so Montreal is going to have its.... well, we'll come up with a name. Of course, maybe there is already a group (as implied by the earlier messages in this thread). I am interested.

Alex

If such a group exists I am not aware of it. The only thing we have in Montreal that I know of is the hub. Thanks for last year btw.

• 2 weeks later...

If such a group exists I am not aware of it. The only thing we have in Montreal that I know of is the hub. Thanks for last year btw.

Agreed - I think there was talking about setting up a regular meeting among the group who attended the Montreal Pelikan Hub (which was AWESOME, thanks again!), but I don't believe there was a subsequent meeting...could be wrong here. I'd be interested in meeting up with Montreal pen people!

BTW, Pelikan Hub registration is OPEN! Please register so we can have a 2018 Pelikan Hub in Montreal!!!

Another one here interested in a Montréal meet-up. It would be great! Hopefully a central location.

Happiness is a real Montblanc...

• 3 weeks later...

BTW the Pelican Hub deadline has been extended to July 22, 2018 (according to a Pelian post on Instagram).

Montreal could certainly use a few more participants. ( https://www.pelikan.com/pulse/Pulsar/en_US_INTL.Hubs.displayApprovedHubs.252352.orderCaseInsensitive.false.orderDirection.ASCENDING.pgOffset.20.pgStart.0./index.html )

While 17 (current sign-up) is a nice number for a group, some folks won't show.

If it were the Parker Hub Id be in because Im more of a Parkerphile. However, a local group similar to Pens and Pints sounds great, with brand variety.

Happiness is a real Montblanc...

• 2 weeks later...

I have scheduled a fountain pen meet in Montreal for this Friday, July 27 at 6:30pm -- in a restaurant in the area near Sherbrooke / Avenue du parc.

A preliminary name for the group: "The Nibble" / "La Grignote" / (i.e. Nibs and Notes)

Please send me a PM if you would like to attend and I will send you an invite with details, or join the group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1028198204003194/

I will need to have RSVPs to reserve the right amount of table space

We will need to order some food during the evening.

The ultimate goal is to have meetings like this at different locations, though not always necessarily with meals or associated expenses.

Bring a pen, or a dozen, and some ink etc. and join the inaugural meeting of The Nibble!

The inaugural meeting of La Grignote / The Nibble got underway in Montreal this evening with eight attendance at the Moleskine restaurant (Ave du parc near Sherbrooke). Good food and drink and lots of nibs. Isn't amazing all the different interests and appreciations folks have in this hobby!?

Interested in attending a future meet? I recommend joining our Facebook group:

https://www.facebook...28198204003194/ , or, send me a note.

We will probably do another event after the Pelikan Hub which is coming up. Likely a different venue with lots of light and space. If anyone has thoughts on locations, let me know!

• 7 months later...

I'm very late on the topic, but there is a club that is starting slowly but surely. The members are using Slack, but there is now a schedule for regular meetings, a web site and an irregular newsletter.

http://www.mtlpen.club

Edited by NicPitic

• 5 months later...

There is a pen show in Montreal this year.

Scriven 2019

https://scriven-mtl.blogspot.com/p/what.html?m=0

Saturday, September 14th, 10am-5pm

Location is at the Royal St-Lawrence Yacht Club of Dorval

1350, Chemin Bord-du-Lac, Dorval, Quebec H9S 2E3

I am hoping this show will catch on. We need more shows here in Canada.

Darrin McArthur

Timber Elegance ~ Handcrafted Writing Instruments

My Etsy Store