Diamine Shimmer Inks - What New Colours?

Chrissy

Which colours do you like? Or which would you like to see?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What colours would you like to see added?

• Silver with silver particles
    • Orange with gold particles
    • Bright Green with gold particles
    • Red with silver particles
    • Purple with silver particles
    • Your choice?
    • Darker green with gold particles
    • Lighter red with gold particles

I unexpectedly like the bright green/gold combo. (And A dusty pink with gold would be quite nice, too, I agree.

Are we limited to particles in silver and gold? Could there be, say, a midnight blue with copper particles? Or a black with metallic red particles?

I don't know if there is any possibility of other coloured metallic particles. I haven't seen any.

I'm definitely into a green with gold, but I'd want a dark, hunter green. the one you posted is a bit light for what I would be looking for. I was surprised that I like the light green with gold, but it's pretty cute too. :)

Thanks so much for giving us a sneak peek!

Some of these were really early samples, and were not even necessarily the finished product. So any of them could potentially be changed before being released as a new ink.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• thudthwacker

• inkstainedruth

• swanjun

The orange and the yellow green are nice. I like them.

Please, a saturated real red (like Poppy Red and Strawberry). Not the current pinky orangey brownish poorly saturated Red Lustre (I absolutely hate it).

It was my understanding that choosing the right shade of red with gold was a little tricky as some looked quite similar to Brandy Dazzle when they were side by side in their bottles. So it was important to be able to tell one from the other.

They are all beautiful Chrissy, but my favourite is the spring green - it just leaps off of the page and makes me so happy. The paler lilac shade is beautiful too.
I think that it would be amazing if Diamine added more spring-like colours to the collection such as the bright green, lilac and orange - and maybe a magenta too?. When the existing range first came out the prevalent thought was how they'd look on our Christmas cards, and these new shades would prompt the idea of using them all year round. I'd definitely be happy using these inks when I write my letters throughout the year. :)

My favorites are the 2 greens w/gold particles, and even more-so, the orange with gold particles. I would buy all of those in a heartbeat if they are ever added to the lineup. The orange would be first, the light green second, and the darker green third.

"In the end, only kindness matters."

Out of curiosity (and, obviously, if you don't know or aren't able to share this kind of information in a public forum, that's understandable): is there any approximate time scale for when Diamine might be considering adding to the Shimmertastic line? Some of the forerunners in the poll are quite pertinent to my interests. :D

Out of curiosity (and, obviously, if you don't know or aren't able to share this kind of information in a public forum, that's understandable): is there any approximate time scale for when Diamine might be considering adding to the Shimmertastic line? Some of the forerunners in the poll are quite pertinent to my interests. :D

Summer 2016 :) (But don't tell everyone :lticaptd: )

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh I love the red with silver particles and am really not into the light green with gold!!! Selfishly wish the votes were reversed :D :rolleyes:

Would also look forward to the silver with silver particles as most silvers look too grey. This combo seems to be beautiful.

Wish list: Aurora Optima

Current inked Pens: Pilot Decimo - Noodlers BBH, MB Mozart - MB Lavender

Pelikan M150 - Noodlers Kung te Cheng

Oooh I love the red with silver particles and am really not into the light green with gold!!! Selfishly wish the votes were reversed :D :rolleyes:

Would also look forward to the silver with silver particles as most silvers look too grey. This combo seems to be beautiful.

Maybe you won't be disappointed? :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I have just returned from the Atlanta fountain pen show and one of the ink sellers told me that they have tested Diamine Shimmer ink and they advise that the pen be taken apart after about 2 weeks of use and the nib be separated from the feed, so that the feed can be completely cleaned. They told me that the found that metal flecks accumulate in the feed. This is a concern since one of my supper flex pens developed a serious drip problem after using a Shimmer ink for about 10 days. When I first started collecting fountain pens, I damaged a pen trying to remove the nib from the receiver and have not serviced my own pens since then and I would hate to start now. Do any of the readers take their pen down after using Shimmer ink? I have 2 bottles of Shimmer ink that I have used only a few times and 5 new bottles that have arrived this week and I hate to quite using these inks. I am sending my supper flex pen for servicing to see if the feed is clogged. Please advise.

I have just returned from the Atlanta fountain pen show and one of the ink sellers told me that they have tested Diamine Shimmer ink and they advise that the pen be taken apart after about 2 weeks of use and the nib be separated from the feed, so that the feed can be completely cleaned. They told me that the found that metal flecks accumulate in the feed. This is a concern since one of my supper flex pens developed a serious drip problem after using a Shimmer ink for about 10 days. When I first started collecting fountain pens, I damaged a pen trying to remove the nib from the receiver and have not serviced my own pens since then and I would hate to start now. Do any of the readers take their pen down after using Shimmer ink? I have 2 bottles of Shimmer ink that I have used only a few times and 5 new bottles that have arrived this week and I hate to quite using these inks. I am sending my supper flex pen for servicing to see if the feed is clogged. Please advise.

I had two pens show signs of the feeds being clogged, more than hard starting, they had no ink flow at all.

I asked Diamine for their comments, on the basis of 'is this just me'. Diamine have said that this is a known problem, the metal flakes block the feed and the only solution they offered was to thoroughly flush the pen, presumably after every time you use the pen.

Edited by Beechwood

I'm not partial to the silver particles, but I LOVE the idea of pink / gold

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

Oh good, having just given away a bottle of Apple Glory I didn't really like (nice colour but not for me), I might get round to a Diamine order in the summer. Be nice to have a bottle or two of sparkly ink to order. I love the orange, nice and cheerful.

!