Diamine Shimmer Inks - What New Colours?

Chrissy

Which colours do you like? Or which would you like to see?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What colours would you like to see added?

• Silver with silver particles
    • Orange with gold particles
    • Bright Green with gold particles
    • Red with silver particles
    • Purple with silver particles
    • Your choice?
    • Darker green with gold particles
    • Lighter red with gold particles

I wanted to introduce these previously tested but not issued Diamine Shimmer inks in the Inky Thoughts forum because Diamine would like to hear your thoughts on them.

Some more Shimmer inks will be introduced into the range, and your ideas would be gratefully received.

Please vote for the colour or colours you like, or feel free to suggest your own colour.

The first one one is Silver:

fpn_1454599581__diamine_shimmer_0009.jpg

Then there is Orange:

fpn_1454599654__diamine_shimmer_0018.jpg

Bright Green:

fpn_1454599722__diamine_shimmer_0015.jpg

Other writing samples will be added.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• thudthwacker

• inkstainedruth

• swanjun

I'd like to see a dusty rose pink with gold or iridescent sparkles.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

Let's not let this turn into a snark fest.... I don't want the moderators stepping in and locking this topic.

Speaking of which.... Getting back *on* topic:

I'd love to see purple with silver dust. (Was there a typo in the polling? -- it said purple with gold, and Diamine's already done that....) And sign me up for that silver/silver one as soon as it becomes available.... :drool:

The green one I'd have to see in person (I really dislike the green they initially released).

As for other colors? I'm not much for dusty rose, but a brighter pink with either gold or silver could be really nice.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I'd love to see purple with silver dust. (Was there a typo in the polling? -- it said purple with gold, and Diamine's already done that....) And sign me up for that silver/silver one as soon as it becomes available.... :drool:

The green one I'd have to see in person (I really dislike the green they initially released).

As for other colors? I'm not much for dusty rose, but a brighter pink with either gold or silver could be really nice.

Yes that was a typo and thank you for pointing it out. I've edited it.

How about this red with silver particles? Sorry it's a bit dark, but you can get the general idea. There were two original testers of this one. The same red with gold or with silver particles:

fpn_1455228559__diamine_shimmer_inks_000

A really real for really real red would be fantastic. I wonder if it's possible - seems like the shimmery bits would conceal the color a bit and make the underlying color appear muted.

The orange is really pretty.

I love ink :)

pentulant [adjective]: immodest or wanton in search of all things related to pens<BR> [proper noun]: Christine Witt Visit Pentulant<br>

President, Brush Dance - we make high-quality, mindful Calendars, Planners, Journals, and other fun stuff you'll love

Yes that was a typo and thank you for pointing it out. I've edited it.

Thanks -- I've now amended my vote to include the purple/silver.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I unexpectedly like the bright green/gold combo. (And silver, too.)

A dusty pink with gold would be quite nice, too, I agree.

Are we limited to particles in silver and gold? Could there be, say, a midnight blue with copper particles? Or a black with metallic red particles?

Edited by swanjun

I likes the red & silver when I saw it but still prefer the dark blue-black & gold best of all!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

I'm not at all surprised that I like the orange; but I was startled to find that I like the bright green even more. As in, if I could have only voted for one, I would have voted for the green. I don't really like green -- I don't own a single green ink (the closest is Emerald of Chivor), and certainly nothing in a spring-grass green. But something about the bright green with gold just kept pulling me back to look at it.

I'm not at all surprised that I like the orange; but I was startled to find that I like the bright green even more. As in, if I could have only voted for one, I would have voted for the green. I don't really like green -- I don't own a single green ink (the closest is Emerald of Chivor), and certainly nothing in a spring-grass green. But something about the bright green with gold just kept pulling me back to look at it.

Same here. I normally do not go wild for that shade of green, but it's really cute and springy with the gold particles!

I'm adding some pictures of a couple of other colours as we had a bit of sunshine today. So these are red or purple with silver, and lighter red or darker green with gold:

fpn_1455211446__diamine_shimmer_ink_0003

fpn_1455210451__diamine_shimmer_ink_0005

A nice dark burgundy/maroon - something akin to Syrah with silver would be nice. Also interested in any dark green/silver pairing - the darker the better.

Current Daily Carry: Pilot Custom 743 with 14k Posting nib (Sailor Kiwa-Guro), Sailor 1911L Realo Champagne with 21k Extra Fine nib (Sailor Tokiwa-Matsu). Platinum Century 3776 Bourgogne (Diamine Syrah), Nakaya Portable Writer Midori with 14k Extra Extra Fine nib (Lamy Peridot), Pilot Vanishing Point Stealth Black with Extra Fine nib unit (Pilot Blue Black), a dozen Nockco DotDash index cards of various sizes and a Traveler's Notebook.

That orange is gorgeous!!! Wow. I also really liked the silver with silver.

I'm definitely into a green with gold, but I'd want a dark, hunter green. the one you posted is a bit light for what I would be looking for. I was surprised that I like the light green with gold, but it's pretty cute too. :)

Thanks so much for giving us a sneak peek!

Even though I'm writing this in the middle of the night, I'm so excited to think that one day that beautiful spring green/gold could be flowing from my new Lamy AL Charged Green...

I like the silver with silver too. This makes more sense to me than combining grey and gold or purple and gold which although offering more contrast somehow bring the colours down. Red Lustre a case in point. Now a really intense violet with silver (rather than the greyish sample above) would take the biscuit.

Oh yeah. Like I suspected -- the purple with silver is *really* nice. Sign me up for that one right next to the list for the silver/silver. :drool:

Great. Swell. I just spent a lot more on a purse than I'd planned today (the conversation went something like this:
"You don't want to know how much I had to spend in order to get something vaguely like what I wanted. :( "

"I thought you said it there was a sale on."

"It WAS on sale.... :gaah: "

Now I'm going to have to tell him that we'd better make a lot of money on our sideline business next month because I'm going to need to order more ink.... :wallbash:

Still trying to make up my mind about the green/gold one.

Even though I'm writing this in the middle of the night, I'm so excited to think that one day that beautiful spring green/gold could be flowing from my new Lamy AL Charged Green...

You know, I really wasn't all that interested in picking up a Charged Green Al-Star until you mentioned how nicely it would pair with the spring green/gold ink. Drat. Maybe I can talk myself into being content with my Neon Green Safari.