Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Need Help About Montblanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Carbon & Steel Fountain Pens 5819 & 5827

carandache

Hi,

I have used Caran d'Ache, Waterman and Parker fountain pens over the years but I never had a chance to own a Montblanc.

At a store, I came across with two pens (Montblanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Carbon & Steel Fountain Pens 5819 & 5827), which are both on 40% discount. To the best of my knowledge, 5819 is bigger and a piston filler, while 5827 is smaller and a converter.

My knowledge about Montblanc pens is very limited so I kindly ask for your help. Like everyone, I know the 149, 146, 145 and such but I have no idea about these two pens I mentioned above. Is the 5819 the same size and shape with 149? I first thought that 5827 was also a modified 146 but its nib is 18k. I am a little bit confused, since even the 40% reduced price of the 5819 is about the same with a 149. What do you think about those two pens and how would you compare them? Is it more reasonable to get the ever classic 149 or 146 instead of the pens I mentioned?

Therefore, I would cordially appreciate any information, advice, and suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• max dog

• carandache

Top Posters In This Topic

The 5819 you describe with the piston filler would be the 146 Solitaire, and the smaller 5827 with the converter would be the 145 Solitaire. There isn't a 149 in Solitaire (except for a solid gold version) so neither are the 149.

The 146 solitaire come with 18K nib vs the 14K nib of the regular (resin) 146s.

Both the 146 and 145 are comparable writers. Question comes down to which one sizewise feels the most comfortable for you. The 146 in the forum is the more popular of the two because of the piston filler which gives a bigger ink capacity.

Edited by max dog

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation. I also tend to like piston fillers. Based on the information you provided, I am planning to get the 5819. I believe 146 is a good sized pen for regular use. In addition, the 18k nib seems like a bonus.

Thank you very much once again.

Best