• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• mpkandan

• IrishEyes

• Lelouch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like one: Regular Ebonite, ED, Black, Matt / Bakul finish including the acrylic. Round top and bottom. Clip-less. Bock Nib. Medium Point.

I would like one: Regular Ebonite, ED, Black, Matt / Bakul finish including the acrylic. Round top and bottom. Clip-less. Bock Nib. Medium Point.

noted...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Hi,

Howcome the C\C have German nibs and the eyedroppers do not (Except bock)? Is it due to the feeds required for each fill mechanism?

Do you know if the Bock is a #6 or anything? Ideally I would want to swap it for a stub at some point I think.

Cheers!

Hi,

Howcome the C\C have German nibs and the eyedroppers do not (Except bock)? Is it due to the feeds required for each fill mechanism?

Do you know if the Bock is a #6 or anything? Ideally I would want to swap it for a stub at some point I think.

Cheers!

Hi...

Pens with Schmidt/JoWo nibs are actually nib units... which is screw in nib units along with feed... and these pen can be used as eyedropper also...

However only Ed pens have friction fit nibs along with feed...even for bock (imprinted conklin) ... since this bock nib is a standalone nib it can be fitted with only ebonite feed and thus can be used as ED only...

And yes that bock nib is #6....you can swab the nib later

vaibhav mehandiratta

it is a request to all...

who have committed to check pm for making payments... you all will be receiving the PM for making payments....

vaibhav mehandiratta

Thanks for the prompt answer.

Sorry to be a pest, but I'm quite new to fountain pens, but this seems like a great opportunity to snag a wonderful, less common pen!

Does that mean if I was to get the eyedropper version with dual tone nib, I could just get another #6 nib (1.1stub, semi-flex) from somewhere like fountainpenrevolution and just heat-set it onto the ebonite feed? Or would you advise me to get the nib unit so I can just buy the entire units?

Also I've seen a beautiful shot of here http://www.peytonstreet.com/pens/ranga/zay_black_bakul_1.jpg - Is the dark black Bakul an option? (The '4. Black Matte / Black Bakul' option looks like a gray, not a dark black)

Thanks for your responses, and thanks for this great opportunity.

Thanks for the prompt answer.

Sorry to be a pest, but I'm quite new to fountain pens, but this seems like a great opportunity to snag a wonderful, less common pen!

Does that mean if I was to get the eyedropper version with dual tone nib, I could just get another #6 nib (1.1stub, semi-flex) from somewhere like fountainpenrevolution and just heat-set it onto the ebonite feed? Or would you advise me to get the nib unit so I can just buy the entire units?

You can do both like buying Ed version and later buying loose spare #6 nib from anywhere and heat set them..... However if I was to recommend you ... I would recommend you to buy C/C pen which comes with Screw in nib unit... its less messy which eyedroppers can be.... and yes you can easily buy screw in nib units of same brand.... Like if you take JoWo 1.1 nib, you will have to buy pen with JoWo nib unit since as far as I know that Schmidt doesnt have option of Stub nib....

Also I've seen a beautiful shot of here http://www.peytonstreet.com/pens/ranga/zay_black_bakul_1.jpg - Is the dark black Bakul an option? (The '4. Black Matte / Black Bakul' option looks like a gray, not a dark black)

Yes its same bakul black which is option 4... its better photography at Peyton (they are very good at it)

Thanks for your responses, and thanks for this great opportunity.

vaibhav mehandiratta

Thanks again for clearing it up - When there's so many options, it's hard to choose the right one.

Last question, I promise! If I get the 'Dual tone Medium nib', is this the same size/feed as a #6 nib?

I would like a matte black/bakul eyedropper version please:

• Filling mechanism - Eyedropper
  • Ebonite - Regular, matte black
  • Option - Flat end
  • Finish - Bakul
  • Nib - Dual tone Medium nib

Thanks a lot.

Thanks again for clearing it up - When there's so many options, it's hard to choose the right one.

Last question, I promise! If I get the 'Dual tone Medium nib', is this the same size/feed as a #6 nib?

I would like a matte black/bakul eyedropper version please:

• Filling mechanism - Eyedropper
  • Ebonite - Regular, matte black
  • Option - Flat end
  • Finish - Bakul
  • Nib - Dual tone Medium nib
Thanks a lot.
Ve noted..

I will confirm you on the Nib size... For dual tone one

vaibhav mehandiratta

Mehandiratta; As mentioned in my first post, we will be leaving for Hawaii in just a couple of days. Because of that, we won't be able to pay before we return at the beginning of March. Once we get home, though, we'll PayPal you with the payment. Where we're staying on the Big Island, internet connections are "iffy". We may or may not have access, hence waiting until our return to pay for the pen on the 11th of March (well before your deadline of the 18th). I hope this will not be an inconvenience. PM me by Monday if it is--but if payment can't wait 'til our return, we'll have to cancel my order.

"In the end, only kindness matters."