Thank you all for participating and making this group buy amazing...

Thank you MP kandan for accepting my offer to do group buys...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• mpkandan

• IrishEyes

• Lelouch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry for being late with the pictures. But it snowed last night and I felt

Great Picture. The pen matches with snow seamlessly.

regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Thank you very much :) I had wanted to take a picture with snow covered trees and the clouds in the sky as well, but I was late for work and couldn't get the lighting just right. And now the snow has melted :(

• 2 weeks later...

The pen in rotation today is my new purchase from group buy - Ranga Zeal in Matte finish Red-Yellow Ripple ebonite with Matte finish Acrylic. Using the same inked with Pilot Iroshizuku Yama-Budo.

And inspiration for today comes from one of the most iconic Architect of our times, Zaha Hadid. She was the first woman to win Pritzker Award.

img_20160405_0839171.jpg?w=1000

img_20160405_0835501.jpg?w=1000

img_20160405_0839311.jpg?w=1000

vaibhav mehandiratta

Beautiful pen, sir. And a wonderful match (both of colors and inspiration)

Thank you.. But please call me by my name..

vaibhav mehandiratta

The pen in rotation today is my new purchase from group buy - Ranga Zeal in Matte finish Red-Yellow Ripple ebonite with Matte finish Acrylic. Using the same inked with Pilot Iroshizuku Yama-Budo.

And inspiration for today comes from one of the most iconic Architect of our times, Zaha Hadid. She was the first woman to win Pritzker Award.

img_20160405_0839171.jpg?w=1000

img_20160405_0835501.jpg?w=1000

img_20160405_0839311.jpg?w=1000

Great Pictures Mr.Vaibhav.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Dear All,

All the Paid orders of this GB has been dispatched. Thanks all for your support as always.

Dear Mr.Vaibhav sir,

Thanks very much for initiating and organizing this GB

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/mpkandan/FPN%20Group%20Buy%20Status/Zeal%20Gb15_zpsvgw5hgp8.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/mpkandan/FPN%20Group%20Buy%20Status/ZealGb16_zps0xbajob9.jpg

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Mail lady tried to deliver my pen, yesterday, but we were out of town. Supposedly, she'll deliver it tomorrow. I've been anticipating its arrival and fidgeting like mad wanting to get the package open and see the beautiful pen within! I can't wait to show it off in this thread when it finally arrives :-).

"In the end, only kindness matters."

• 2 weeks later...

My Ranga Zeal arrived in the mail last week, and I thought it was about time to show it off. It almost immediately became one of my favorite pens. It's huge, but very, very light. It feels great in my hand, and is well balanced (it's too long for me to post, so I write with it unposted). The fine nib is fantastic, and I am a much bigger fan of converter pens than eyedroppers, despite the distinct disadvantage when it comes to ink volume, so it all came to pretty much the perfect pen. The only way it could have been better is if it had a flexible nib :-). I got the premium non-Indian ebonite in the colors you see, with a screw-in Schmidt fine nib (I think!) and the cartridge converter. Rounded both ends, gold trim, everything polished, and the clear acrylic. After seeing others' photos of frosted acrylic, if I ever order another one, I may go that route, as I think it looks great with the ebonite.

Anyway, here are photos of it. I really love it, and appreciate the OP's efforts at making this group buy possible. Fantastic pen. I'd definitely recommend them to anyone (both the pen and the maker) who loves nice pens :-).

I love how it came packaged--wrapped in linen and stitched closed, with sealing wax on both ends of the thread. I'm keeping the packaging as a souvenir, because it's just THAT cool!

fpn_1461211782__rangazeal4a.jpg

And here are the photos of the pen, itself.

fpn_1461211838__rangazeal3a.jpg

fpn_1461211818__rangazeal2a.jpg

fpn_1461211797__rangazeal1a.jpg

Isn't it a gorgeous thing? I love it :wub: .

"In the end, only kindness matters."

My Ranga Zeal arrived in the mail last week, and I thought it was about time to show it off. It almost immediately became one of my favorite pens. It's huge, but very, very light. It feels great in my hand, and is well balanced (it's too long for me to post, so I write with it unposted). The fine nib is fantastic, and I am a much bigger fan of converter pens than eyedroppers, despite the distinct disadvantage when it comes to ink volume, so it all came to pretty much the perfect pen. The only way it could have been better is if it had a flexible nib :-). I got the premium non-Indian ebonite in the colors you see, with a screw-in Schmidt fine nib (I think!) and the cartridge converter. Rounded both ends, gold trim, everything polished, and the clear acrylic. After seeing others' photos of frosted acrylic, if I ever order another one, I may go that route, as I think it looks great with the ebonite.

Anyway, here are photos of it. I really love it, and appreciate the OP's efforts at making this group buy possible. Fantastic pen. I'd definitely recommend them to anyone (both the pen and the maker) who loves nice pens :-).

I love how it came packaged--wrapped in linen and stitched closed, with sealing wax on both ends of the thread. I'm keeping the packaging as a souvenir, because it's just THAT cool!

fpn_1461211782__rangazeal4a.jpg

And here are the photos of the pen, itself.

fpn_1461211838__rangazeal3a.jpg

fpn_1461211818__rangazeal2a.jpg

fpn_1461211797__rangazeal1a.jpg

Isn't it a gorgeous thing? I love it :wub: .

That is a really cool ebonite. I love my blue & black ripple (which I will try to get pics up before the weekend), but now I'm kind of sorry I didn't order 2.

Beauty.

John L

I also got mine!

The pics with the writing are on the Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us! - 2016 forum, but here's the pen itself:

post-80563-0-09291200-1461252966.jpgpost-80563-0-46843000-1461252977.jpgpost-80563-0-39408600-1461252990.jpgpost-80563-0-02882800-1461252996.jpg

So happy with the pen!

Fountain pen novice. I am aquiring pens at a frightening pace, I am afraid it might be an addiction... I see I am not alone here on FPN! Latest acquisitions - Platinum 3776 Kumpoo with Diamine Eau de Nil, Opus 88 Koloro inked with Diamine November Rain, Franklin-Christoph Model Pocket 66 prototype inked with Franklin-Christoph Honeycomb.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks very much Irisheyes and Diplomaat for the pictures.

REgards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

• 2 weeks later...

I came late to the Ranga Zeal. When I first saw the group buy, I didn't take to the look of the clear acrylic barrel, but then I saw the photos of the acrylic in the matte finish! I was too late to join the group buy, but Mr. Kandan was kind enough to offer the same terms to me. It arrived just a few days ago.

I've come to love bakul ebonite pens. Classic black bakul is a favorite, but I also love my bakul brown ripple Ranga 4CS. For my Zeal, I decided to go for the burgundy (pink)/black ripple in the bakul finish:

fpn_1464627737__ranga_zeal_capped-1000.j

The pen is resting on a Ranga acrylic thick dip pen which Mr. Kandan was kind enough to have made with a modified grip section. On the Zeal, I installed a 40mm Ambitious nib I got through last year's group buy.

fpn_1464638092__ranga_zeal_uncapped-1000

The lighting in the photos shows off the pattern a bit more than in ordinary light, but overall I am very pleased with my Zeal! Good thing I came back to this thread to see how beautiful the matte acrylic could be.

Mark, aka sandburger

Edited by sandburger