I'd like to switch from the red/black swirl to the blue/white swirl then. I have sent to payments, 134 + 12 for a grand total of 146. Thank you!

Dear Sir,

Your Spec is

C/C

Matte (Ebonite and Acrylic)

Flat end

Jowo Chrome F

Premium Ebonite - Blue/White Swirls

Clipless

C/C

Round end

Schmidt Chrome B

Regular Ebonite - Black Matte

Clipless

I will refund your 12$. Please confirm

Regards,

Kadan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• mpkandan

• IrishEyes

• Lelouch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I received mine 2 days ago and have been meaning to say how absolutely amazing it is! The ebonite feels so much nicer than metal or plastic and it writes like a dream. Also, the craftsmanship really blew me away, and the presentation was great (Thanks for the extra nib too!).

...However, I've just knocked it off my desk and it has sheared beneath the end (https://i.imgur.com/5aedl0u.jpg) and it doesn't look repairable. I'm heartbroken!

Looks like I may have to order another soon to replace this one.

Dear Mr. Absolutejam Sir,

Glad that you liked the pen but sad that it is broken.

I have sent a PM to you.

Regrads,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Payment sent :-).

Dear Mr. IrishEyes Sir,

Hope you had great vacation. I received the payment.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Dear All,

Thanks very much for your support so far.

This GB will end on 18th March. So register yourself asap.

This is the GB status as of now.

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/mpkandan/FPN%20Group%20Buy%20Status/ZealGb7_zps6x8sfxqr.jpghttp://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/mpkandan/FPN%20Group%20Buy%20Status/ZealGb8_zpsnfupwh1d.jpg

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Thanks for letting us know.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Dear Sir,

Your Spec is

C/C

Flat end

Jowo Chrome F

Premium Ebonite - Blue/White Swirls

Clipless

C/C

Round end

Schmidt Chrome B

Regular Ebonite - Black Matte

Clipless

I will refund your 12$. Please confirm

Regards,

Kadan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

This is correct. Sorry for the mistake, and thanks!

My Ranga Zeal arrived today.

It is larger than I imagined and I LOVE it.

And that Ambitious 40mm nib...yum!

Extremely pleased!

(wanted to post a picture but I'm not sure how to, yet)

:P what you think of me is none of my business ;)

My Ranga Zeal arrived today.

It is larger than I imagined and I LOVE it.

And that Ambitious 40mm nib...yum!

Extremely pleased!

(wanted to post a picture but I'm not sure how to, yet)

Thanks very much tfarahat Sir for your nice words. Waiting to see your pictures

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen company

This is the Current Status with payment and shipping status updated....

fpn_1457612830__ranga_zeal.jpg

I would like to change from clipless to chrome clip .. Payment is done.

If it's not to late, I'd like an:

Eye dropper

Regular #6 Ebonite, Blue/Black Ripple

Polished

Rounded ends

Stock Dual Tone Medium Nib

Chrome Clip

PayPal sent

All the best

John

Edited by jdllizard

John L

My Ranga Zeal also arrived today. I must agree with tfarahat, the pen is larger than I expected, but instill love it (though I laughed for a while because it is so large and holds such an ENORMOUS amount of ink! The ambitious 40mm nib is beautiful and wrote very smoothly and wonderfully. I was pleasantly surprised that the pen (please take no offense from this) was made to a much higher standard of quality than I had expected! :)

So far my only downside is a bit of flow issues (I did wash the pen, feed, section, and nib thoroughly with mildly soapy water, as well as heat set the feed. I have also made the ink channels of the feed deeper, wider, go further forward, and occupy half the back end of the feed, as well as run a model knife from the breather hole down the slit and through the point, leading to me smoothing the nib a little bit later.) when writing. It writes wonderfully for a while then suddenly shuts off. I have to shake the pen slightly and tap the end of the barrel a bit to reestablish ink flow. Then watch the ink flow down the nib slit (fun part) to the tip. When it does write I have no problems. I did notice what I thought was odd, in that the end of the section (in the barrel towards the ink supply) ended in a wall with a small hole through it. I am wondering if this is to mitigate the excess flow caused by air expansion, or some other reason. It should be noted it is an eyedropper only pen and not with a nib unit.

Any guidance or assistance would be most appreciated. (I am sorry for such a long post. I do love the pen, I just want to learn about how I can adapt to it or adapt it to me.)

My Ranga Zeal also arrived today. I must agree with tfarahat, the pen is larger than I expected, but instill love it (though I laughed for a while because it is so large and holds such an ENORMOUS amount of ink! The ambitious 40mm nib is beautiful and wrote very smoothly and wonderfully. I was pleasantly surprised that the pen (please take no offense from this) was made to a much higher standard of quality than I had expected! :)

So far my only downside is a bit of flow issues (I did wash the pen, feed, section, and nib thoroughly with mildly soapy water, as well as heat set the feed. I have also made the ink channels of the feed deeper, wider, go further forward, and occupy half the back end of the feed, as well as run a model knife from the breather hole down the slit and through the point, leading to me smoothing the nib a little bit later.) when writing. It writes wonderfully for a while then suddenly shuts off. I have to shake the pen slightly and tap the end of the barrel a bit to reestablish ink flow. Then watch the ink flow down the nib slit (fun part) to the tip. When it does write I have no problems. I did notice what I thought was odd, in that the end of the section (in the barrel towards the ink supply) ended in a wall with a small hole through it. I am wondering if this is to mitigate the excess flow caused by air expansion, or some other reason. It should be noted it is an eyedropper only pen and not with a nib unit.

Any guidance or assistance would be most appreciated. (I am sorry for such a long post. I do love the pen, I just want to learn about how I can adapt to it or adapt it to me.)

have you tried changing ink...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Fortunately, I didn't have flow issues. And looks like you did more than I did to ensure that the ink flowed well.

What I did was to wash the pen lightly before inking.

After putting in the ink (and yes, huge amount of ink :wub: :D ) I gently tapped the barrel with the nib facing downwards.

That usually gets some ink quickly to the nib.

However, I noticed that the best way is to leave the pen lying on its side for a while whilst you tend to something else or take a stroll.

By then, the ink flow would have established itself quite well and no more flow issues.

At least for me it worked that way.

Good luck!

:P what you think of me is none of my business ;)

Dear Sir,

Glad that you like the pen. This problem can be fixed by gently inverting the barrel with the nib facing downwards. That usually gets some ink quickly to the nib. (Suggested by tfarahat)

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Dear All,

Thanks for all of your support. This Gb will end on 18th March. Only 2 more days to go.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Just ensure that ink is not full and there is little air column present in the barrel / cartridge / convertor

My pen arrived today. I love the way it looks and feels. I haven't inked it yet because I need to decided what color to use. I also appreciate the unexpected extras that came with the pen!

Fun to unwrap as well!!!

fpn_1458167309__rangazeal2016.jpg

Hi,

I'm a regular visitor to FPN, just signed up :) and would like to join in the group buy. Please could I have;

.Premium ebonite no. 6 (Blue/white swirls), polished

.Flat top, eyedropper

.Ambitious 40mm gold nib and gold clip

Shall I send the payment of 46USD to mpkandan@gmail.com ?

Thank-you,

Milton

have you tried changing ink...

At the moment it is inked with Pelikan 4001 königsblau/royal blue, which is sort of my testing ink. I am a little upset with myself that I hadn't even thought about changing inks until you suggested it. A bit of a beginner mistake that I should have thought of by now... Sort of amusing to me. :)

Fortunately, I didn't have flow issues. And looks like you did more than I did to ensure that the ink flowed well.

What I did was to wash the pen lightly before inking.

After putting in the ink (and yes, huge amount of ink :wub: :D ) I gently tapped the barrel with the nib facing downwards.

That usually gets some ink quickly to the nib.

However, I noticed that the best way is to leave the pen lying on its side for a while whilst you tend to something else or take a stroll.

By then, the ink flow would have established itself quite well and no more flow issues.

At least for me it worked that way.

Good luck!

I have been keeping eyedropper pens (really whatever pen(s) I have inked, not just eyedroppers) in the inner breast pocket of my suit jacket or blazer/sport coat when at work or out, to keep it closer to body temperature at all times. I believe that this helps to mitigate any air expansion related flow issues, but I feel more testing is necessary before I can say this with confidence.

Regarding the tapping, I found that (towards the beginning) when it had stopped writing, I would gently tap the end with the first knuckle of my index finger with the same amount of force to use a manual typewriter (I have only experienced 1912-14 and 1920s) and I hear a little pop or two. These make me think that perhaps an air bubble had become trapped within the section (behind the feed) and my tap dislodged it and ink had replaced it. It should be noted that, under this train of thought, I had set the feed a bit further forward in relation to the nib so that there was a little more room, also thinking that with the end of the feed flat against the rear of the section, the ink coming through the hole wouldn't have enough room or a direct line to the channels of the feed (flat feed end). I would be curious to know anyone else's thoughts on my theories.

Dear Sir,

Glad that you like the pen. This problem can be fixed by gently inverting the barrel with the nib facing downwards. That usually gets some ink quickly to the nib. (Suggested by tfarahat)

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Thank you sir, it worked like a charm :)

And I look forward to being a customer of yours again :)

Just ensure that ink is not full and there is little air column present in the barrel / cartridge / convertor

It is interesting that you mention that, going from things I have read (ex: fill barrel to beginnings of threads then partially screw in section, invert (over bottle ideally ;) ), and finish screwing section in) I gathered that it is best to start with as little (or none, if possible) air as possible with an eyedropper?

If I am in error, I would be delighted to learn if explained to me.

Thank you all very much for your assistance and suggestions. :)

Everything seems to be flowing smoothly now, makes me think that perhaps I simply needed to let the feed sit overnight with the pen filled with ink. As for those of you who have used ambitious 40mm nibs before, may I ask what you found to be the ideal setting in the section and in relation to the feed? (Ex: mm of surface of nib from tip to section, and then below mm of tip of nib to tip of feed. Just curious)

I will post pictures tomorrow (with better natural light), as I am delighted with it and thank those at Ranga for indulging my request for polished ebonite and matte acrylic. It really does look like winter in pen form (to me anyway) :)

Terribly sorry for the long post again, even when I send text messages I send sentences or a paragraph.

Thank you all for your time and for this wonderful group buy! :D