Arctic Blue - Seitz-Kreuznach

visvamitra

Seitz-Kreuznach is a german based ebay seller. Some time ago he/they came up with their own line of inks. The inks have great value and are offered in cartridges and bottles (0,68 fl oz).

http://www.seitz-kreuznach.de/media/image/IMG-1998b.jpg

There are few colors in the line:

1. Arctic Blue
  2. Chestnut
  3. Dark Orchid
  4. Flamingo Pink
  5. Navy
  6. Neon Yellow
  7. Pacific Blue
  8. Palm Green
  9. Panthers Black
  10. Tomato red

Arctic Blue is strange ink. It's waterprood to some extent but it feels rather dry in two pens I filled with it. Also I really, really hate the color.

Ink Splash

fpn_1453662208__arcticblue_sk_is.jpg

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

fpn_1453662199__arcticblue_rk.jpg

Software ID

fpn_1453662235__arcticblue_sk_leuchturm_

Tomoe River, Kaweco Classic Sport, B

fpn_1453662250__arcticblue_sk_tomoe_1.jp

fpn_1453662258__arcticblue_sk_tomoe_2.jp

fpn_1453662265__arcticblue_sk_tomoe_3.jp

Leuchtturm, Kaweco Classic Sport, B

fpn_1453662219__arcticblue_sk_leuchturm_

fpn_1453662226__arcticblue_sk_leuchturm_

fpn_1453662241__arcticblue_sk_leuchturm_

Oxford, Eversharp Skyline

fpn_1453662146__arcticblue_ox_1.jpg

fpn_1453662159__arcticblue_ox_2.jpg

fpn_1453662192__arcticblue_ox_3.jpg

Edited by visvamitra

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lgsoltek

• migo984

• lapis

• visvamitra

Thanks for the review.

This is not a color that appeals to me in the slightest, though....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Lookes like a dirty, misused turquoise. Worse off, in a small vodka bottle. Although, yes, such bottles fit nicely into your pants pockets.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

LOL.. I know Vis totally dislikes this kind of hue.. but some posts here made me smile. :)

This color is quite similar to Caribbean Sea... which was adore by the masses.... (Vis would have dislike that one too... :D) ... so I am finding interesting the little love for this color. :P

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I love these colors, but understand that everyone's tastes are different ♥ But in some of the photos it almost looks like there is sediment in the ink (especially in the splash, but in a couple of the writing samples too). Am I crazy?

I can see that sediment too. It looks like dots of pigment that haven't mixed in properly. I'm not a fan of 'pigment' inks for fountain pens. If I was I could make my own as I have loads of powder pigments.

I don't like the shape of their 100ml bottles either.

It's also green on my screen and my Caribbean Sea is more blue than this.

I made the point in post #3 above that my Arctic Blue is much bluer than Vis' pictures - a very different shade altogether and nowhere near the 'greenish' ink in the review.

I've photographed it next to 2 of my mid-range turquoise inks, to try to show how blue mine is. IRL the colours lean more turquoise but are definitely not green like Vis' pics.

It's a shame if people decide they don't like it because it's actually a very pretty colour. Ink reviews can be, and often are, so misleading. It's so difficult to accurately judge an ink unless you try it for real for yourself.

It's a very well-behaved standard dye-based ink, with absolutely no sediment or pigment particles apparent in the bottles I have, or appearing on the page.

Verba volant, scripta manent

I made the point in post #3 above that my Arctic Blue is much bluer than Vis' pictures - a very different shade altogether and nowhere near the 'greenish' ink in the review.

I've photographed it next to 2 of my mid-range turquoise inks, to try to show how blue mine is. IRL the colours lean more turquoise but are definitely not green like Vis' pics.

It's a shame if people decide they don't like it because it's actually a very pretty colour. Ink reviews can be, and often are, so misleading. It's so difficult to accurately judge an ink unless you try it for real for yourself.

It's a very well-behaved standard dye-based ink, with absolutely no sediment or pigment particles apparent in the bottles I have, or appearing on the page.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yours looks much more appealing than Vis' sample.

But Migo, you are so right. I shouldn't be so etching. Your colour offer reminds me more of PR's Tropical Blue, which i really do like. Still, I think the bottles are un-good.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

• 4 weeks later...

LOL.. I know Vis totally dislikes this kind of hue.. but some posts here made me smile. :)

This color is quite similar to Caribbean Sea... which was adore by the masses.... (Vis would have dislike that one too... :D) ... so I am finding interesting the little love for this color. :P

C.

Marketing is everything ;)

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

My new bottle of Arctic Blue is a beautiful turquoise like Migo's photo.

It is a pretty colour. Not the most luxurious of inks but good enough at the price. I received a letter this week from a pen pal using the same ink and it looked beautiful on soft, cream paper from a juicy stub.

Verba volant, scripta manent

It is a pretty colour. Not the most luxurious of inks but good enough at the price. I received a letter this week from a pen pal using the same ink and it looked beautiful on soft, cream paper from a juicy stub.

I like mine. It's a joyful colour. I think V's sample might have been contaminated.

• 7 months later...

I have seen many hi-res images of Arctic blue. It's a very nice turquoise. The bottle shown is Arctic blue but the ink swatch appears to be Seitz-Kreuznach Palm Green. Please recheck this before people make the wrong decision. Arctic blue is definitely not green.